Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I love AEW Dark. It's consistently just a dozen of pretty good matches where I don't have to follow too closely to any storyline or flow. It's just perfectly decent mindless stand alone WRESTLING matches where I'm not invested every week and I like it.  

It's shorter format, but that's where I get my fix from MLW.  It's usually only the main  event and that just under that one that are really tying to any running storyline and they don't feel the need to progress every storyline every week.  One thing Court Bauer has done really well there is not being so dependent on social media to announce and advertise matches that will be happening on upcoming non-PPV cards, he just does it as part of the weekly television.

Very good show last night . Especially for no major swerve or anything. 

Archer vs Kingston was booked to perfection. Everything from in ring to announcing was just great. 

Jungle Boy vs Dax was incredible. Dax is so good. I do like Jungle Boy’s potential , I think he’s got more of a way to go then most though. 

Really enjoy the Sammy MJF stuff 

Main Event was fun. AEW deserves a lot of credit for Dark Order. Changing the group from trying to be serious to be a bunch of goofs who can turn it on when the match begins . Even when Brody was there Brody played the role perfectly being the angry boss who gets frustrated with his loveable losers. 

Honestly, Dark Order is one of my favorite parts of the show. 

and a hilarious segment from Dark, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Main Event was fun. AEW deserves a lot of credit for Dark Order. Changing the group from trying to be serious to be a bunch of goofs who can turn it on when the match begins .

I agree with you except on that. Every group is portraying a bunch of goofs. Would like to see some that wernt.

50 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Jungle Boy vs Dax was incredible. Dax is so good. I do like Jungle Boy’s potential , I think he’s got more of a way to go then most though. 

I feel like this is an understatement. Match was a clinic. Happy it got a clean finish too, WWE wouldve had shenanigans for sure given the out of the ring stip. 

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Jungle Boy is already a top level talent in ring. Brilliant idea to give him a marketable theme. His delivery is getting strong in terms of promo work even if the content isn't the greatest. 

I’d like to see him in more singles. Dax was the perfect opponent for him.

you’re liking his promos ? Sounded very ‘marble mouthed’ to me.

the theme was genius . TK def got that right. Gotta get away from Marco and Luchasauraus 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

the theme was genius . TK def got that right. Gotta get away from Marco and Luchasauraus 

That's just his voice I think, but no, I don't think his promos are great, I just think they're believable 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Being hes so young. Thats what I see out his promo work. MJF level at that age is few and far between.

But Id like to see his tag work taken more serious. Help that division and go after those titles. Work his way up to singles and single titles. Spend the next couple years in tag. Then he has 20 years of work as a singles. No use in rushing that when the tag division is trash without Jurassic in the mix.

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No use in rushing that when the tag division is trash without Jurassic in the mix.

You think so? Having both the Bucks and FTR immediately makes them the best tag division in the world regardless of who else is on the roster. Those teams represent the best of two very distinct styles. Add Lucha Bros and you have two of the top luchadores in the world on top of that. Now Jericho and MJF are in the division. They have young up incomers in Private Party, Top Flight, and The Acclaimed. When Trent gets back the Best Friends are nothing to sneeze at. You can toss the Natural Nightmares in as a great worker team that can get anyone over at any time. Honestly, you can't compare this division to any other right now IMO. 

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You think so? Having both the Bucks and FTR immediately makes them the best tag division in the world regardless of who else is on the roster. Those teams represent the best of two very distinct styles. Add Lucha Bros and you have two of the top luchadores in the world on top of that. Now Jericho and MJF are in the division. They have young up incomers in Private Party, Top Flight, and The Acclaimed. When Trent gets back the Best Friends are nothing to sneeze at. You can toss the Natural Nightmares in as a great worker team that can get anyone over at any time. Honestly, you can't compare this division to any other right now IMO. 

Varisty blondes, SCU, Proud and Powerful, Beaver Boys, Grayson/Uno, Butcher/blade, Th2...  he just takes shots for no reason to rile the thread up lol 

it's without a doubt a good tag division whether he likes it or not 

Edited by Troy Brown

32 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Varisty blondes, SCU, Proud and Powerful, Beaver Boys, Grayson/Uno, Butcher/blade, Th2...  he just takes shots for no reason to rile the thread up lol 

it's without a doubt a good tag division whether he likes it or not 

Thats not it. They bring a different style to add to the rest. Theyre the big guy/little guy team. You have technicians in FTR and SCU. Bunch of flippy teams. Brawler team in B&B. They add something totally different to the mix with Lucha being the only powerhouse in the division.

He doesnt need a fast push. Look at Shawn, Bret and Edge. Tagging for their first few years enhanced them overall when they came into singles. At Jacks age. Theres no point in rushing him. Who has rushing through the ranks worked for the past decade of WWE doing such? Theres no rush, he has 20+ years worth of career in front of him.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He doesnt need a fast push. Look at Shawn, Bret and Edge. Tagging for their first few years enhanced them overall when they came into singles. At Jacks age. Theres no point in rushing him. Who has rushing through the ranks worked for the past decade of WWE doing such? Theres no rush, he has 20+ years worth of career in front of him.

I dont think anyone would argue this point. 

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats not it. They bring a different style to add to the rest. Theyre the big guy/little guy team. You have technicians in FTR and SCU. Bunch of flippy teams. Brawler team in B&B. They add something totally different to the mix with Lucha being the only powerhouse in the division.

And I can understand the thought process here, but not having a big/little man team in the division does not immediately equate that division to trash.