Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And I did it with an open mind. I have the same issues with AEW as I do the E. They aren't different no matter how much they try to be. 

your qualms tonight being Cage going over Darby and Kingston losing to Pac? what if i told you beyond cage outweighing darby by 100 pounds (which doesn't matter because this is pro wrestling and these are essentially comic book characters, imo i know you probably think of it differently obviously), darby ****ed up that crucifix in a match against cody months ago... then taz tried to get him to join team taz saying he could teach him a thing or two about how to complete the crucifix over bigger guys. then darby kinda shunned him and Taz was pissed about it and started the whole feud with darby via commentary weekly... then he gets Cage and Starks... then tonight Darby gets the crucifix over a bigger guy who Taz recruited to team taz in spite of darby essentially.

the kingston thing isn't nearly over. he's getting considerable TV time every week. pac is returning after like 9 months away and having his faction stolen from kingston and you think it's a better move to have kingston go over? i mean i guess it could be... they're in the middle of the story still, so it cooouuuld go that direction if you want it to, but they're not having kingston look like a loser or anything lol. 

you don't have to like it obviously, i'm just surprised about your adamance that it's of the same quality. and i have my issues that i don't like too that i'm vocal about it in here... i'm not fanboying the product lol, they're just doing a better job than anyone else right now. imo. it's opinion based ****, so there's no debating really, but to say it's the same thing as what WWE is doing is just like coming to me and saying the big bang theory is the same thing as it's always sunny. like ok i guess lol. you can think they're just as good, but i feel like an idiot watching one and that's just a personal thing i suppose, maybe it's my own ignorance of what i'm watching that you're able to see that i'm just not self-aware enough of to recognize my own bias for new/cool things as you believe is the case with people that think aew is better at the moment

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

your qualms tonight being Cage going over Darby and Kingston losing to Pac? what if i told you beyond cage outweighing darby by 100 pounds (which doesn't matter because this is pro wrestling and these are essentially comic book characters, imo i know you probably think of it differently obviously), darby ****ed up that crucifix in a match against cody months ago... then taz tried to get him to join team taz saying he could teach him a thing or two about how to complete the crucifix over bigger guys. then darby kinda shunned him and Taz was pissed about it and started the whole feud with darby via commentary weekly... then he gets Cage and Starks... then tonight Darby gets the crucifix over a bigger guy who Taz recruited to team taz in spite of darby essentially.

the kingston thing isn't nearly over. he's getting considerable TV time every week. pac is returning after like 9 months away and having his faction stolen from kingston and you think it's a better move to have kingston go over? i mean i guess it could be... they're in the middle of the story still, so it cooouuuld go that direction if you want it to, but they're not having kingston look like a loser or anything lol. 

you don't have to like it obviously, i'm just surprised about your adamance that it's of the same quality. and i have my issues that i don't like too that i'm vocal about it in here... i'm not fanboying the product lol, they're just doing a better job than anyone else right now. imo. it's opinion based ****, so there's no debating really, but to say it's the same thing as what WWE is doing is just like coming to me and saying the big bang theory is the same thing as it's always sunny. like ok i guess lol. you can think they're just as good, but i feel like an idiot watching one and that's just a personal thing i suppose, maybe it's my own ignorance of what i'm watching that you're able to see that i'm just not self-aware enough of to recognize my own bias for new/cool things as you believe is the case with people that think aew is better at the moment

What I'm saying is that neither of the companies are better quality than the other at the moment. The E can be embarrassing based on who they have speak but AEW is taking the same liberties WWE is. There are only so many ways to tell the same story. People just think AEW is better currently because they want it to be better. 

It's whatever. It's wrestling. Darby Allin beating Brian Cage is like Daniel Bryan beating Roman Reigns. Except DB and RR are better wrestlers than Allin and Cage. 

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The difference is WWE has to manage and juggle legit top card talent while AEW gets to juggle a roster full of mid-carders. 

Can't wait to piss off the AEW marks with that comment 

Dude, most AEW fans don't care. If you have fun watching WWE good on you. I'm just glad I do not have to watch it lol. 

I think WWE fans are incredibly sensitive because in the back of their minds, they know. They know what they're watching is pure garbage. A lot just watch because ' they always have'. So they project their anger out on AEW 

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What I'm saying is that neither of the companies are better quality than the other at the moment. The E can be embarrassing based on who they have speak but AEW is taking the same liberties WWE is. There are only so many ways to tell the same story. People just think AEW is better currently because they want it to be better. 

It's whatever. It's wrestling. Darby Allin beating Brian Cage is like Daniel Bryan beating Roman Reigns. Except DB and RR are better wrestlers than Allin and Cage. 

Agree with that. The only difference between them is AEW will invest a little time in long term storytelling.

Darby Cage match started as to be expected. Cage destroying him. And some how Darby musters up to the point that Cage needs assistance? Why? Cause they pay Sting a ton so had to get him air time.

Why not while Cage was dominating. Sting then comes out with the assist like he did so many times in WCW. Give Darby the victory in a way fans can somewhat buy in. While ramping up the feud between Sting and Taz.

Same thing happens in WWE. Any time the slightest build starts happening for a heel. It gets squashed. Lance couldnt make 3 wins before Cody crushed his months of buildup coming in. Kingstons a jobber losing near weekly. Not a heel out there with any credibility but Omega atm.

Dont send fans home with watercooler talk for the week or any drama in the show. Send them home happy with the good guys crushing all the baddies.  The WWE/AEW way.   

Almost everything AEW does is to MAINTAIN a story line while almost everything WWE does is to PROLONG a story line.

I literally can not comprehend how anybody could feel like WWE is the better product right now but there's a guy who ate a Big Mac everyday for 20 years so 🤷.

Lmao, ok, sure, wwe is a good product. Enjoy Goldberg headlining pay per views and burying star talent or retribution or Lana through a table 3 months in a row. Aew aint perfect. I don't like the constant run ins after matches. But to say wwe is as good is wild.

Reigns is more charismatic than Cage. He is not better than Cage in the ring. 

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Almost everything AEW does is to MAINTAIN a story line while almost everything WWE does is to PROLONG a story line.

I literally can not comprehend how anybody could feel like WWE is the better product right now but there's a guy who ate a Big Mac everyday for 20 years so 🤷.

They're just frustrated WWE fans who know the product is embarrassing but for some reason can't bring themselves to stop watching it. Instead of stop watching the juvenile laughing stock, they have to talk bad about AEW to make it seem like it is the same.

AEW OVERALL is completely different than WWE, much more energetic, logical, and fun to watch. WWE is not any of that.    

13 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I also dont understand pac wouldn't beat Kingston. Your fave wrestler losing doesnt make it a bad product. Kingston gets over on the mic, not the ring, he can lose matches and still feel like a big deal

I don't like saying it but it's true....

if that dude did some crunches he'd be the biggest thing in wrestling. 

• Like 1

Just now, djw4bucs said:

Hangman needs to be the first wrestler to kick out of the OWA, if not him maybe when NJPW can work out a deal Kota maybe should, but hangman makes the most sense

Should be Hangman, especially since in their first match, kenny struggled to get it off for that slight second. Kicking out of the owa isn't rub that mox needs. 

Hangman eventually beating kenny seems predictable and that doesnt make it bad. Wrestling can be predictable and be good. I had an inkling that Walter white wasn't going to be an angel

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Lmao, ok, sure, wwe is a good product. Enjoy Goldberg headlining pay per views and burying star talent or retribution or Lana through a table 3 months in a row. Aew aint perfect. I don't like the constant run ins after matches. But to say wwe is as good is wild.

Reigns is more charismatic than Cage. He is not better than Cage in the ring. 

Who has been saying WWE is a good product?

I havent watched WWE since November 2019. But Cage losing to Goldberg would look a WHOLE LOT better for him than cheating and still losing to Darby.