Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Who has been saying WWE is a good product?

I havent watched WWE since November 2019. But Cage losing to Goldberg would look a WHOLE LOT better for him than cheating and still losing to Darby.

How did he cheat? If anything, Darby cheated when he tied his ankles together

And Cage lost to essentially a mega roll up. Big deal. The only travesty last night we saw was the simple fact that Cage doesn't wrestle more often. But that is something i like that AEW does, some wrestlers feel like a bigger deal because they aren't oversaturated and wrestle every week.

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I havent watched WWE since November 2019. But Cage losing to Goldberg would look a WHOLE LOT better for him than cheating and still losing to Darby.

why? losing to darby was part of 6 month story between taz and darby. darby is fun as hell to watch. why are we pretending like size matters? is it really insulting your intelligence that you want to treat pro wrestling like real life? that's miles better than goldberg showing up outta nowhere, doing his goldberg thing, having 3 weeks of "build" or whatever and then him squashing cage and then promptly dipping a couple weeks later and vacating the title. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

How did he cheat? If anything, Darby cheated when he tied his ankles together

And Cage lost to essentially a mega roll up. Big deal. The only travesty last night we saw was the simple fact that Cage doesn't wrestle more often. But that is something i like that AEW does, some wrestlers feel like a bigger deal because they aren't oversaturated and wrestle every week.

They were up on the apron. And shoved Darby off the corner.

But go back to my original post on it. If they had to use Sting. Sting should have won it for Darby. Cage looks like a joke now. Piled on with losing clean to Tessa. Its going to take a lot of time to build him back up after this. Just like it did with Lance losing soon as he came out. Get promoted and built up. And then throw it all away.

Theres a reason why almost a million people tuned in for the Brody Lee episode. And they lost 1/3rd of them the following couple weeks. Cause crap like this isnt keeping anyone around. Cage needed to be kept a monster and Darby doesnt need a clean victory. Now. Heel wise who does AEW have with any credibility? Omega and MJF. While the 20 good guys they promote run roughshot all over every other heel like its a cartoon.

19 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Lmao it's gonna take a lot of time for Cage to build up after this? Youre using **** from impact? Why am i even engaging

talking to people that say WWE and AEW are no different is just a waste of time lol. i don't know why even defend aew on here, it's just crazy reading some of the takes. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

talking to people that say WWE and AEW are no different is just a waste of time lol. i don't know why even defend aew on here, it's just crazy reading some of the takes. 

They seem to believe wrestlers they dont like getting airtime equates to a similar wwe product.

Call me when aew gives you the same match 6 weeks in a row and then on the pay per view and the rematch the next night on raw.

Why are people mad about darby beating cage, i thought in wrestling a good underdog overcoming the odds to win over a dominate heel was good, aka daniel bryan, rey mysterio throughout his whole career, chris ***** at wm 20.

Do yall really think this feud is over, its not over by a long shot we are probably gonna get team taz vs team sting in a blood and guts match at revolution if i had to guess plus cage losing via a roll up and a towel throw in as his only 2 losses doesnt hurt him at all. 

Cage is still considered a monster on the roster one roll up loss does not hurt him gimme a break.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Im a casual viewer. Not some diehard. To me its pretty much exactly the same. Same flippy trash that would never work in a real fight. Same corny scripts getting stumbled through (look at Darbys weigh-in speech). Rolling out legends to boost ratings. No selling everything. And on and on.

Viewership is in. AEW placed 31 on the night. 130k less viewers than Forged In Fire. Thats the state of the wrestling youre so evoked in. And like I keep saying. Thats fine for you and that it fits your taste. But its not grabbing any of the casuals floating around. Its diehard membership only.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, man. For people saying WWE fans get triggered. Woo boy lol look in the mirror. All it took was two slight digs to get you guys going. It's easy entertainment!

if there is anything in the world that can trigger me, it is in fact poor wwe booking 

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im a casual viewer. Not some diehard. To me its pretty much exactly the same. Same flippy trash that would never work in a real fight. Same corny scripts getting stumbled through (look at Darbys weigh-in speech). Rolling out legends to boost ratings. No selling everything. And on and on.

Viewership is in. AEW placed 31 on the night. 130k less viewers than Forged In Fire. Thats the state of the wrestling youre so evoked in. And like I keep saying. Thats fine for you and that it fits your taste. But its not grabbing any of the casuals floating around. Its diehard membership only.

i truly don't care about casuals watching, but that isn't an accurate assessment about the "state of wrestling"  given there was another massive political event yesterday and if this US administration has proven anything at all, it is that they can take a good stab at AEW viewership. it'll happen again next week, too. 

Edited by Troy Brown

I kept thinking FTR was going to do to Stunt what Cage did to Darby (the ol Spike Dudley gorilla press bump) and that was gonna make Luchasaurus irate and we'd actually get a cool program to make Luchasaurus look credible too but there is still time. FTR looked great abusing Stunt 

Jungle Boy is so good, kid is a freak of a natural. Again, I like that AEW uses wrestlers in matches sparingly (even OC hasn't had a match in a few weeks) but seeing stuff like Jungle Boy and Cage last night just makes me want to see more of them 

40 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i truly don't care about casuals watching, but that isn't an accurate assessment about the "state of wrestling"  given there was another massive political event yesterday and if this US administration has proven anything at all, it is that they can take a good stab at AEW viewership. it'll happen again next week, too. 

Oh its pretty clear you care about nothing but what fits your particular taste. Who cares is 99.9% of the country laughs and thinks the product is a joke. So long as your taste are addressed fully.

And to those millions upon millions that quit watching over recent years. Its their fault for not having your taste and for not enjoying the product.