Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 6/27/2019 at 7:43 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I get hayman but Bischoff? Lmao that dude had one good angle his entire career which he stole anyway and ran it into the ground 

that one good angle changed the industry, shrug. the man knows how to produce a show, perhaps better than anyone to ever do it. listening to him on the formula for nitro is always interesting. prolly important to credit him with putting cruiserweights at the forefront of a major wrestling promotion as well.

• Like 2

Let's talk about the important things. Today is Fyter Fest! I'm totally hyped to see more of AEW and more of guys like MJF and Hangman. I'm also interested to see the debut of Darby Allin. They needed just 4 minutes to build him up into an interesting character. I can't wait to see him wrestle Cody and although i'd like him to win the match, i think they probably need to give Cody the win to build him up for the match against the Young Bucks. I also can't wait to see Christopher Daniels in a singles match. In Germany it wasn't easy to get into wrestling. For me it all started by a coincidence, when i switched through the TV channels as a 12 year old boy in 2005 and saw TNA. AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels was the feud that got me interested back then and although i hated Daniels, because i just didn't know it better, i have the upmost respect for him now.

In general i think the quality of the matches will be pretty good. Every match on the main card could be the match of the night, so i have high expectations for the card.

7 hours ago, Edge said:

Let's talk about the important things. Today is Fyter Fest! I'm totally hyped to see more of AEW and more of guys like MJF and Hangman. I'm also interested to see the debut of Darby Allin. They needed just 4 minutes to build him up into an interesting character. I can't wait to see him wrestle Cody and although i'd like him to win the match, i think they probably need to give Cody the win to build him up for the match against the Young Bucks. I also can't wait to see Christopher Daniels in a singles match. In Germany it wasn't easy to get into wrestling. For me it all started by a coincidence, when i switched through the TV channels as a 12 year old boy in 2005 and saw TNA. AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels was the feud that got me interested back then and although i hated Daniels, because i just didn't know it better, i have the upmost respect for him now.

In general i think the quality of the matches will be pretty good. Every match on the main card could be the match of the night, so i have high expectations for the card.

I think the car crash of Mox/Janela is gonna steal the show 

12 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

This buy in ain't been very good. Not a good showing for AEW in this first hour beyond the fyter fest skits. Leva Bates was reaaaaal sloppy in the ring. Maybe I don't know anything about esports or whatever for this jebailey guy 

I have to agree. The pre show wasn't very good. I did liked the tag team match. All 3 teams delivered and i want to see more of all of them. The Hardcore match was ok. Nothing special and basically for comedy reasons, which makes sense in that location. So i'm ok to have one comedy match like that. I didn't liked the match between Bates and Allie. That was lame and i couldn't connect to either of the 2 ladies.

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Fyter Fest was the best wrestling event of the year imo. Right in front of double of nothing. god damn that was so good 

I disagree. I think Double or Nothing was better. It felt bigger and hit didn't had the pauses that i felt Fyter Fest had from time to time. It might be the pre-show that was far worst than the one on DoN, but i was also a bit disappointed in the opening match. Daniels and CIMA didn't delivered as i expected. Don't get me wrong, it was still a decent match but i think both can be better, even at their ages. I did liked every match that followed, so Fyter Fest definitely was a good event and that includes the pre-show. The women delivered. The 4-way could have gotten more time to develope. It was about 10 minutes. Give them 5 more and it could have been even more entertaining. The MJF promo prior to that match was pretty good again. He should be one of the top stars in a few years for AEW. I liked the Cody vs Darby Allin match as well. It's interesting that it ended in a draw. That was a great build up throughout the show. I wondered why they announced the time limits in every match. I was a bit confused about that, but it made total sense to build up this finish. Well done! It seems that they want to keep that procedure so i'll probably need a bit more time to get used to it on a regular basis. The co-main event was the MotN for me. I love that style of wrestling and it was super fun to watch that match. It was the Kenny Omega show, but i was also very impressed by Laredo Kid. I didn't know him, but he was able to go the pace of the other 5 wrestlers. I don't mind to see more of him in the future. The main event was a good no sanction match. The intensity slowly increased. Tables, chairs, ladders, but also barbed wire and thumbtacks helped to create an extreme match, that is probably not going to be shown more extreme on the main stream scene. Omega also got his revenge with Moxley after the match and continued to build up their match for All Out. I can't wait for that.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, Troy Brown said:

that one good angle changed the industry, shrug. the man knows how to produce a show, perhaps better than anyone to ever do it. listening to him on the formula for nitro is always interesting. prolly important to credit him with putting cruiserweights at the forefront of a major wrestling promotion as well.

Bischoff free of Hogan is good Bischoff.  The guy doesn't know how to say no to Hulk.  As you pointed out, he's very good at building and progressing little man vs big man feuds and making them so that they're not the typical WWE style of that feud/match (my one criticism of the Joe/Ricochet match: Some great spots, but it just laid out so much like a "WWE style Big Man/Little Man match where the little guy takes abuse for 80% of the match and then comes back on the heels of a big spot... and you know that left to their own devices Joe and Ricochet could have put together better).  Which given the size of some of the main names they've elevated in the last couple years, Bischoff will do them some good.  And at least it will save us from these dreadful Braun/Lashley segments.