Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Really? CM Punk, Adam Cole, Brian Danielson, etc etc werent enough? 

Adam Cole doesn't do anything for me. He just looks like a random dude at Lake Havasu during memorial day weekend. He's a good wrestler, but I have to suspend disbelief too much with him because of his size as a singles competitor. I only caught the tail end of the Punk WWE era, so I don't have any attachment to him either. I like BD quite a bit though. And I have an Aleister Black shirt, so I'm a Tommy End mark. I need more than just those 2 though. Once KO comes over, I'll watch both companies. I'll prob never care about Impact.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I was talking quality. If we're talking impact yeah it definitely goes back further.

in terms of quality, i don't think wm31 is there either. i really don't know. i mean the crowd made ruby soho look like a billion bucks. the aew crowds just make everything feel bigger than they even are and it has never been more apparent than after a pandemic how much a hot crowd will do for any wrestling product. 

matches like kojima/mox and kingston/miro would have stolen the show on any other night. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Adam Cole doesn't do anything for me. He just looks like a random dude at Lake Havasu during memorial day weekend. He's a good wrestler, but I have to suspend disbelief too much with him because of his size as a singles competitor. I only caught the tail end of the Punk WWE era, so I don't have any attachment to him either. I like BD quite a bit though. And I have an Aleister Black shirt, so I'm a Tommy End mark. I need more than just those 2 though. Once KO comes over, I'll watch both companies. I'll prob never care about Impact.

I feel like one show would do it for you but you can be one of the last holdovers if it means a lot to you ;)

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

in terms of quality, i don't think wm31 is there either. i really don't know. i mean the crowd made ruby soho look like a billion bucks. the aew crowds just make everything feel bigger than they even are and it has never been more apparent than after a pandemic how much a hot crowd will do for any wrestling product. 

matches like kojima/mox and kingston/miro would have stolen the show on any other night. 

I mean maybe. That was a great night. Orton/Rollins, HHH/Sting, the sweet ladder match, AJ/Paige and the last great WM Main Event they had for like 6 years. I'm not saying one is better either way but WM 31 was great.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Well that would be a huge booking mistake

I mean one guy jumped ship right away and carried the program through the pandemic, and the other would be joining well after they 'got hot'. Tony will always protect Mox because of that. Plus Mox is straight up more popular.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean maybe. That was a great night. Orton/Rollins, HHH/Sting, the sweet ladder match, AJ/Paige and the last great WM Main Event they had for like 6 years. I'm not saying one is better either way but WM 31 was great.

I'm definitely saying all out was better lol 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean one guy jumped ship right away and carried the program through the pandemic, and the other would be joining well after they 'got hot'. Tony will always protect Mox because of that.

That would still be a mistake. Then you basically have Charlotte Flair. If KO gets hot, you put the belt on him. Simple.

Edited by Jeezla

Mox also redefined his character, went and did the G1, had classics in New Japan and is really the ace of AEW. KO has been in babyface limbo for what feels like a couple years now and if he came over, it would be more of the same kevin owens heel shtick which is obviously phenomenal but it just doesn't fill the void of what mox brings to the table

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

That would still be a mistake. Then you basically have Charlotte Flair. If KO gets hot, you put the belt on him. Simple.

Oh for sure. You ride the hot hand. I'm saying that he'll never be valued more to the company than Mox. I probably worded it poorly. It doesn't mean he can't get hot and have a run where he's the top heel or something.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Oh for sure. You ride the hot hand. I'm saying that he'll never be valued more to the company than Mox. I probably worded it poorly. It doesn't mean he can't get hot and have a run where he's the top heel or something.

Wouldn't the bucks be more valuable than Mox? Don't they move tons of merch?
I guess you mean just more valuable than KO. In that sense, you prob right, but who knows. Maybe KO gets there and lights the world on fire, moves tons of merch, and makes himself "the guy".

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm definitely saying all out was better lol 

It's been a while since I've seen WM 31 but I remember loving it. Could be nostalgia or we could value things differently.

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Mox also redefined his character, went and did the G1, had classics in New Japan and is really the ace of AEW. KO has been in babyface limbo for what feels like a couple years now and if he came over, it would be more of the same kevin owens heel shtick which is obviously phenomenal but it just doesn't fill the void of what mox brings to the table

Yeah, now if he'd just go bald or get hair transplants he'd have no weaknesses basically. His current story and promos are awesome.