Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Edge said:

It's worth to check out AEW Dynamite tonight. The card is stacked. Literally one of the best Dynamite cards ever.

I know, I have taken in AEW several times, and I follow it but for some reason it just doesn't stick with me. They have talent that I LOVE but they also consistently just miss for some reason on something for me.

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ariel has more credibility than dirt sheets

Yes, but these sort of statements can be technically correct but also wrong in the overall. 

Is there a "deal in place"? Probably not. But the offer is likely on the table, and its probably the one that Vince wants. And as the majority shareholder, thats kind of all that matters. Since they are a publicly traded company (for now) they can not take the first offer right away, they have to do their due diligence in the market, and return the best result for the shareholders (even if the majority one wants something more than just the most money)

Im doubting that he has a direct line to Vince, and is likely getting info from somewhere else inside the board room, who would obviously want to deny this, especially how bad the reaction was last night. If the Saudi's want it, and are comfortable giving Vince all his power back (of course they are, they are nostalgic about this) then its going to be near impossible for it to be sent anywhere else, unless the entire company revolted over it.

I am less worried about the Saudi's owning it. They own all or part of alot of things that you and I use in every day life and it doesnt change anything. We dont get up in arms over it. If anything, it gets more people paid. It just comes with a few more shows over there, obviously Wrestle Mania happening there, and basically a gag order about them. But its not like many were being overly outspoken about it to begin with. Just look at LIV Golf, people arent running away from it.

Im more worried about their want and willingness to hand everything back over to Vince. Because that does impact everything day to day. It gets us back to the awful creative that we dealt with for the past 2 decades (because Vince is going senile), it erases all the progress that was made this year, it pushes the real creative and smart people further away from the positions that they should be. And worst of all, it puts a sexual predator right back into power like nothing happened.

If this does all go through, heres hoping Shad Kahn sees this as a potential opportunity to take a stronger hold in a lucrative avenue. He doesnt have the money alone to combat the SAPIF, but he can make moves to collect more of a fanbase than AEW already has.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edge said:

It's worth to check out AEW Dynamite tonight. The card is stacked. Literally one of the best Dynamite cards ever.

I think it is obvious Mercedes Mone has signed with Aew. Like why wouldn’t she, get a million dollar contract and work what 30-40 dates per year if that. Even Meltzer is trying to hide the surprise which is a dead giveaway. 

Aew has been a hit or miss with me. Some stuff is good and other things make no sense. They push the wrong people, others are over exposed and some of a good talent are never on the show. 

Still good to have an alternative 

It's far, far from official.  This whole thing has a very Arson Judge signing with San Francisco Giants feel to it.

But don't take my word.  Here's my friend who actually works in sports news... oh... and that Ariel Helwani guy (who might have an inkling of sport journalism credibility... I don't know... 🙄) and the editor for Sportico:

Random question... is "Big Bill"  the biggest, most ripped dude in wrestling history. Didn't care for him in WWE and I don't think AEW is going to make anything of him but JFC... He's like legit almost 7 feet and 300 LBS right? And he's straight up JACKED. I can't think of anyone built like that ever. Im prone to forget but he's ginormous and rocking like an eight pack. Matt Morgan is the only guy I can think of who was as big and in good enough shape that he would have looked impressive a foot shorter but I can't remember him being that ripped. 

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Random question... is "Big Bill"  the biggest, most ripped dude in wrestling history. Didn't care for him in WWE and I don't think AEW is going to make anything of him but JFC... He's like legit almost 7 feet and 300 LBS right? And he's straight up JACKED. I can't think of anyone built like that ever. Im prone to forget but he's ginormous and rocking like an eight pack. Matt Morgan is the only guy I can think of who was as big and in good enough shape that he would have looked impressive a foot shorter but I can't remember him being that ripped. 

never really noticed or thought about it, but yeah probably. that's crazy. maybe prime kane? only one even close, but yeah big bill probably the most jacked seven footer in wrestling ever 

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Giant Gonzalez had large, visible serratus muscles.  He has to be the pick.

• Like 1

So did I miss Mercedes in the crowd somewhere? Or did y'all just get worked?

I think she was always more interested in doing the Japan/Mexico stuff than ever actually signing with AEW. And I also think she (at the time) always intended to end up back in WWE. Now, some of what is happening might change things, but if we ever settle more back to the Hunter led times, Id expect her to be back with a big return in 12-18 months.

I said I was working on it, so I figured Id share it. Just something to pass the time;

Just alittle bit to set the stage before I pitch my version of the 2023 Royal Rumble. I know some guys have already “declared” for the Rumble, but Im ignoring that, and Im not necessarily giving credence to the poster either, we have seen those not happen in the past as well.

There are usually only a handful or less matches on the entire card other than the 2 Rumble matches, and the pair of men’s matches we already know about, I don’t think we see any of those guys in the Rumble. Were still not exactly sure what the “Pitch Black” match is going to be, but Id assume after all of that, LA Knight shouldn’t be in any shape to enter the Rumble. And on the other side, Wyatt/Fiend should not ever have Title desires at this point.

The other showdown is the Title Match between Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens. I will use this match to set up the big story inside the Rumble Match. It might be AT the Rumble, or it likely would be on the few shows in the leadup, but we do the old “pick your number from the tumbler” schtick. We get the Bloodline picking out their numbers, Jimmy and Jey grab theirs, and laugh a bit when they show each other. Sami gets his and is ecstatic, but then Solo grabs his and just silently shows it to Roman, who then grabs Sami’s number and swaps it with Solo. This leaves Zayn distraught, wanting to argue, but saying “whatever you think is best for the Bloodline”.  When we get to the Title Match at the Rumble, Sami is reluctant to help out Reigns to beat KO, while the rest of the Bloodline interfere to ensure a Victory. Even after a great showing by KO, he starts to receive a beatdown after the bell. Sami tries to stop them, and reason with them, when Roman confronts him, Sami just says “I just need to start getting ready for the Rumble” and Roman laughs at him, retorting “Oh… right. Good luck with that. Run along and we will finish up here”. As Sami is sulking back up the entrance, KO gets another Samoan Spike and then a group Power Bomb leaving him motionless in the ring.

After we get some Promo packages, maybe a few old school Rumble interviews of guys we know are in the match, we go out to the ring for the introduction to the First entrant in the Men’s Royal Rumble

1. Sami Zayn – looking dejected, making his way down the ramp, surprisingly without any other Bloodline member, sans his UCE shirt that he was just wearing during the KO match. We now have it confirmed how much Sami was screwed over by Roman in favor of Solo when drawing numbers. He is now faced with nearly insurmountable odds, feeling more like a sacrificial lamb than a contender for the Bloodline.
  2. Shinsuke Nakamura – We get the power chords from Rick Boogs as he makes his return to introduce his running mate to the Rumble. (Boogs may or may not be physically ready, I wouldn’t actually have him in the match either way, but it’s a fun reminder to get him back on screen). Zayn v Nakamura is a great NXT rivalry that we just never got enough of on the main roster, but here this is about the trials of Zayn. He gets the first few minutes of Strong Style from Shinsuke, and that’s just to soften him up
  3. Gunther – If Shinsuke’s Strong Style wasn’t enough, then Gunther is about to chop Sami in half. After dishing out an onslaught of punishment, Gunther stands tall over the other two competitors in the ring as we count down to the next entrant…
  4. Ricochet – Adding some high flying to this match (before it gets too crowded) A few cool spots from Ricochet will be our “WOW” Rumble moments (I am not having Kofi in this match, so no wacky spot from him) But this also brings in the Four most recent Intercontinental Champions to start the Rumble. As these 4 mix it up, we actually get our first elimination, as Gunther literally Chops Shinsuke out of the match.
  5. Bobby Lashley – The Hurt Business is back together, and they all walk Lashley out on stage. Once he hits the ring, Bobby just starts running through Sami and Ricochet, but then we get a big Hoss shoulder block between Bobby and Gunther. That gets broken up by the other two in the match, and this would be a good time for a Ricochet spot. Im envisioning Bobby tossing him over the ring post, but Ricochet holding on to the oversized post, keeps alive and maybe even lands on the steel steps.
  6. Matt Riddle – BROOOO! With a (sorta) surprise return, Riddle makes his way to the ring. Ill be honest, I don’t really have much for him, as I don’t think you can actually rely on him to set up booking at this point, so hes really just a semi-surprise entrant, and a number for others to eliminate. (maybe give Riddle the fake elimination spot with all the Refs distracted during whats about to come. Make it smart or heelish depending on where you want him to go, or not, it really doesn’t matter)
  7. BROCK LESNAR – Ill be honest, I do not like booking Brock in the Rumble, because hes just too OP for it, and you have to suspend so much disbelief that he would legitimately do what he did to start the 2020 match. But I think I found a situation I like. As soon as Brock hits the ring, it’s a suplex to Ricochet (who flies across the ring) and a suplex to Sami. Then a clothesline to Gunther, followed by a clothesline to Sami. And then an F5 to Riddle, and of course an F5 to Sami. As Brock goes to celebrate/roar/show off to the Hard Camera, Bobby Lashley just flips him over the top rope and eliminates Brock in less than a minute of ring time. As Bobby talks smack, Brock grabs his feet and drags him out of the ring (under the bottom rope) and they fight on the outside, Brock throws Bobby through the barricade, and is only stopped when The Hurt Business comes running out to pull him off Bobby and then the Refs break all of them up. Brock has left the Rumble in shambles, but has been eliminated pretty quickly, and it sets up the Mania feud with Bobby.
  8. Sheamus – the second that Sheamus hits the ring, Sami is the first one stirring, and gets a Brogue Kick for his troubles. But his sights are clearly set on Gunther, and these two give us a glimpse from their banger at Clash. It’s a pretty quick exchange, but Sheamus gets the better of Gunther here, and eliminates him since he was already turned inside out by Lesner. As Sheamus is still barking him down, Gunther raises that IC title as he leaves ringside, which Sheamus claims hes “still coming for that Title” (id like to get a quick exchange of the belt in the following weeks on SmackDown, even if they feel like Gunther needs the belt going into Mania he can get it back at EC, but Sheamus needs to grab the IC title before hes done)
  9. Finn Balor – As Finn hits the ring, Bobby is still laid out on the outside, Sheamus and Ricochet are tied up in the corner, and Sammy is still down from the Brogue Kick, which allows Finn to deliver him the Coup de Grace on the way into the ring. As he pops up, he finds himself face to face with Sheamus, as the two Irishmen have a stare down and then do what they do best, fight.
  10. Edge – Another semi-surprise pop here, Edge goes straight for Finn, as there is unfinished business between them. Honestly that’s really all Ive got for Edge in this years match. Everyone loves to see him, and he is rumored to start a big program with Finn, so lets dust it up here
  11. Dolph Ziggler – This would be Dolphs 15th (I think) consecutive Rumble, they have to keep this going until he cant make someone look awesome with his sell jobs. And honestly we are in a spot of the Rumble that has lulled a bit as guys have paired off. So Dolph is in here to light the fuse for what is about to come after. Delivers a fury of Fame-assers, Zig-Zags and Superkicks. The only other thing that happens here is that Lashley has begun to stir and is pulling himself back into the ring.
  12. Braun Strowman – Its time to bring the Monster back (lets start by getting rid of the Red Hot-Pants) And I can do it here in a matter of 60 seconds. Ziggler as Freshest goes after Braun as he steps through the rope, and is obliterated for tying, and just effortlessly tossed out. Ricochet tries next, and after surviving multiple big men trying to toss him, Braun throws him so far outside the ring he has no chance to save himself. Riddle takes a vicious clothesline out over the top rope for a third straight elimination. As Braun turns around, he just swats away a Brogue Kick attempt, scoops up Sheamus and dumps him to the outside. Then Finally he grabs Bobby Lashely picking him up (over his head if he can) and tosses him out to the group he just eliminated. In 60 seconds(ish) Braun is now the most powerful force in the entire Rumble and is again a mountain to climb for anyone going forward. (would that be a record? 5 eliminations in 60 seconds?)
  13. Jey Uso – After cleaning house, Braun is now setting his sights on Sami, who has already been battered by everyone tonight. When Braun is about to toss Zayn out, Sami is able to survive for now by grabbing onto the ropes for dear life, just as Jey makes his way down the entrance way. But Jey slows down, watching what Braun is doing to Sami, just grinning. Sami sees him, and is BEGGING for help to save him here. Finally after playing with his food, Jey jumps in to save Sami. Just as he does…
  14. Jimmy Uso – Now the Bloodline have the numbers, and after they triple team Strowman, chopping him down, Sami says hes got him, as the Uso’s turn their attention to the other remaining participants. After Double teaming Edge, Jey dumps him out. And as Finn tries to sneak attack, Jimmy is right there to cut him off and eliminates Balor. They all return to Stroman, and even though it looks like Sami is in trouble, hes actually hanging onto his beard from the apron, the Triple team then works, and they all three eliminate the Monster. Once back in the ring, the three Uce’s start to celebrate when suddenly Jey grabs Sami by the back of the neck and runs him to the ropes. But he stops… looks at Sami and just has a laugh. Hes “just messing around Uce”. But as the Uso’s have a good laugh about it, we see that Sami hasn’t laughed even once. As the Uso’s are celebrating to the Crowd, Zayn dumps Jey over the top rope, eliminating a Bloodline member. When Jimmy realizes what happened, he looks at Sami and charges him, which is when Sami goes low, pulling down the top rope, eliminating Jimmy. Enraged, they chase Sami down, as he tries to escape through the ropes, they finally get their hands on him, and the beatdown ensues. To finish it off, they powerbomb him though the announce table, leaving him there in a pile of rubble, necessitating medical attention at ringside.
  15. Austin Theory – Throughout the beatdown, Theory has made his entrance, just watching the ending from inside the ring. With no one around, he grabs a mic and starts to cut a promo, claiming hes the best US Champion in WWE history (hes wearing his belt) and since it was so rude everyone was distracted from his entrance, to hit his music again. As he is showing off, we get the count down 10…9…
  16. Booker T – Can You Dig It? SUCKA! A really nice Legend Pop here, it was like 12 years ago that we had the Mat Stryker ‘mark out moment’. Even though hes still around and announcing, I think it would still be really fun to see him back in the ring. And make sure he comes out of the back, no more standing up from the desk. Let him run the nostalgia playbook, all the kicks (side, scissor, etc), flying forearm, spina-a-roonie, and make sure we get a Bookend in there.
  17. The Miz – Just get all the weasel-faced heels in there vs Booker. But as Miz joins Theory in the heel team up on Booker, that’s where we get a surprise elimination by Booker. I don’t have the full set up planned out, but Miz whipping Booker toward Theory results in either a Flying Forearm or a Harlem Sidekick that knocks Theory over the top rope. You could keep that going post Rumble, or just leave it as a moment.
  18. Karrion Kross – Coming down to the ring with Scarlett, he takes his time in order to start to build alittle heat (for some reason we hate that in the Rumble) but once they get to the ring, Scarlett is the one to climb up on the ring apron, getting Bookers attention, leaving Miz turtled in the corner, but as the shot is tight on Scarlett and Booker, Kross has snuck into the ring and unceremoniously dumps Booker out, ending his bid for WrestleMania. Instant heat, and with how waning Kross’s has been, maybe this will kickstart something. To keep the heat going have Scarlett taunt the still prone Sami on the outside.
  19. Angelo Dawkins Honestly, just let Dawkins cook in this rumble. Let the big man bounce around and show off alittle bit. He hits the ring and brings the energy back up. Have him do the run the ropes spot, and bumps Miz all the way out to the barricade, to eliminate him. Then we have a bit of a hoss back and forth with him and Kross.
  20. Seth Rollins – A perennial Rumble favorite, Rollins goes into snake mode, letting the big boys go, but also picking his spots to take some shots. This is a time that could be a cool spot with the athleticism of both Big men, that Seth gets Kross set up, but Dawkins finishes him off, knocking Kross from the Rumble.
  21. Drew McIntyre – On the way down the entrance ramp, Kross and Drew pass each other. Not a physical altercation, Scarlett steps between saying “his time will come” or whatever. It’s just little stuff like that that adds so much flavor to a rumble. But Seth and Drew signal that we are getting the big time contenders from now on. (One other thing that has happened here, Sami has begun to stir a bit)
  22. Baron Corbin – Can we please commit to the JBL stuff? It sounded so good, and they have really half-assed it. So He comes down to the ring with JBL, who directs him over to Sami still trying to make his way to his feet, and start to lay another beating, and he tosses him back into the ring. As Corbin goes in after him, Sami has enough in him that he pulls Corbin face first into the Turnbuckle, and then just hangs onto the bottom ropes for dear life.
  23. John Cena – a pretty big entrant, and bit of a surprise, should be quite the pop. John hits the ring, doing his Cena stuff, 5 moves of doom and all that, but hes really there for a set up for Mania, which is coming soon. A moment with Dawkins would be cool. He probably roughs up Corbin a bit and talks smack to JBL, plenty for Cena to do in the Rumble without having to dominate
  24. Montez Ford – Sure his pop is going to be small compared to Cena before him, but lets start the Star Push for Ford here. Guy has it all, and its time to do it for him. First things first though, alittle fun with Dawkins. They do all the double team stuff on Corbin, and go to eliminate him, but JBL stops it on one side, then the other, and finally they just toss Corbin on top of JBL for the elimination (Ive got this Idea of the Prophets with McAfee in their corner, up against Corbin and a partner with JBL. Probably not Mania worthy, but maybe)
  25. Logan Paul – with just a banged up knee, he should be good to do a Rumble spot, and definitely be ready for Mania. Once he hits the ring, his first lock up is with Sami who has finally come back to life. As he gets the upper hand, Rollins breaks them up, starting a little beef there. But eventually we end up with Logan and Cena going back and forth in the ring. Starting to lay the ground work for future plans.
  26. Solo Sikoa – the cold blooded killer is irate, possibly even bursting through the entrance way before the 10 count and his music. Sami finally sees him coming and starts to run around through all the other competitors, trying to hide behind the bigger guys. As he does this, Solo is tearing through everyone, he gives a Samoan Spike that sends Dawkins over the rope. McIntyre tries to cut him off and is also eliminated for his troubles. And eventually he gets his hands om Sami and goes off. Finally a vicious clothesline for an elimination, Sami is exhausted and crumpled on the outside. Solo is still foaming mad, screaming at him, which allows Cena to step up, and dump Sikoa to the outside. He is pissed at Cena, but still looking to take more out of Zayn again. While that happens, a battered KO emerges from the crowd helping Sami. As they double team Solo, the Uso’s come from the back and they all chase KO/Sami through the crowd.
  27. Cody Rhodes – I expect a massive eruption from the crowd here, as Cody is one of the favorites to win here. I don’t think it matters if he has shown up on TV a few times before the Rumble, this will be his return to ring action. As he makes his way down the isle, John starts to be his “Super Cena” self, welcoming Cody to the ring, giving him a round of applause, and without seeing who, John is flipped right over the top rope before Cody even makes it to the ring. Only to be revealed that it was Logan Paul who eliminated him. John stunned, Logan talking smack, and Cody just making his way into the ring, this is obviously to set up Cena/Paul at Mania in Hollywood.
  28. Rey Mysterio – I know hes kinda hurt, but Id expect he can do the Rumble, especially as its likely his last one. But it would be nice to have him in here, and he just adds to the fury of the wrestling action going on as we build to the end of the rumble. Just as a reset, its Seth Rollins, Montez Ford, Logan Paul, Cody and now Rey in the ring.
  29. Dominek Mysterio – Yep, were setting up this spot. The rumble is a good place for this, because it can be quick and fun. Especially having Rhea win the Womens Rumble earlier, she could walk out with him to send him down the rampway. He goes right after his dad, but through some spinning rope moves, Rey escapes and quickly eliminates Dom who is shocked at being toss so fast, and missing his chance to eliminate Rey. Doing this quickly also clears the deck for number 30, as everyone stares at the entrance to count down, 10…9… Is it The Rock? Goldberg? A surprise Orton return? KO coming back out? Maybe even Mustafa Ali??? 2…1… *HORN* “OHHHH Radio! *record scratch*
  30. Matt Cardona - *PYRO EXPLOSION* “Always Ready!...” Yes, I think he is actually back for atleast a Mania run. And while he’s not The Rock, its still a big surprise and worth that #30 slot (I don’t like the idea of Rocky winning the Rumble again, and I don’t think he lets anyone eliminate him) After Cardona basks in the cheers, he finally makes it into the ring, where he sees Logan making a Rumble rookie mistake, as he is up on the ropes delivering blows to Rollins. This allows Cardona to knock him out over the top, tumbling to the floor. (alittle wink of the original WWE YouTuber taking out the YouTuber in the WWE)

• Just after Cardona eliminates Logan Paul, Montez Ford catches Rey trying to do a 619, flips him over the top rope, and knocks him to the floor as well. And he turns around to see he is among our final four participants; Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins, Montez Ford and Matt Cardona. We get some good time with these 4, switching around a bit, but every time Cardona has Ford on the edge of elimination, Rollins keeps joining the effort but actually keeps saving Montez (accidentally? We aren’t sure) Cardona is pissed at Rollins, but finally gets a worn down Montez alone against the ropes, backs up for a massive lariat to take him out. But with Cardona’s momentum, they both flip over the ropes, with Montez hanging on. Cardona is gone. But Ford is still on the apron, where Seth takes advantage and bumps Montez as he is looking in shock at Cardona. Montez hits Matt and bumps him into the barricade, knocking him out for a bit. Down to Rollins and Rhodes they go at it, giving us some more magic from their previous encounters.  Were nearing the end, Seth gets cocky and he goes to the apron to set up for a flying knee. As he jumps onto the top rope, a revived Cardona grabs a leg which crotch shots Seth on the top rope. (Cardona blames Rollins for him getting eliminated, and sets up a Mania feud between those two) Which turns the tide, a few finishers later and Rhodes tosses Seth out to win the Rumble and go to WrestleMania vs Roman for one of his Titles.

On 1/11/2023 at 7:34 AM, StLunatic88 said:

If this does all go through, heres hoping Shad Kahn sees this as a potential opportunity to take a stronger hold in a lucrative avenue. He doesnt have the money alone to combat the SAPIF, but he can make moves to collect more of a fanbase than AEW already has.

He's not going to accomplish that by "pulling a Vince" and just absorbing the competition, though.  There are a fair number of people that aren't jumping onto the AEW bandwagon because of distinct decisions that Tony Khan is making with AEW.  Some of those people are regular WWE viewers (not that WWE is fantastic at delivering on what those people find outright lacking in AEW's programming, but they at least deliver some semblance of it).  If anything it will push more of a market to organizations like MLW - and Court Bauer is a pretty rancid human being who doesn't deserve good things to be pushed his way.

9 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

So did I miss Mercedes in the crowd somewhere? Or did y'all just get worked?

I think she was always more interested in doing the Japan/Mexico stuff than ever actually signing with AEW. And I also think she (at the time) always intended to end up back in WWE. Now, some of what is happening might change things, but if we ever settle more back to the Hunter led times, Id expect her to be back with a big return in 12-18 months.

She may eventually do AEW stuff, but I think you're right that she's more interested in doing Japan/Mexico stuff right now, and she's always going to have some backstage tie-in to the E because her husband isn't leaving anytime soon.  Also, NJPW didn't just pay her beaucoup bucks to have her first outside-E ring-action be anywhere other than in NJPW.

She and FTR (who Dax recently announced have been granted time off television that may extend through the remainder of their AEW contracts, as they heal and re-evaluate what their next move is) are going to be hot names to watch over the span of the next 12-18 months.

23 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Sycho Sid/ Sid Justice/ Sid Vicious was around 6’10 and ripped up. He probably had the best Physique for a big man in history

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1