Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its an unfortunate reality that we live in. 

Im now more interested if they actually sell the company. Vince seems to change his mind on a whim, and if he gets back in the office, and has a sit down with Steph, I could see them just take the new TV money and sit on it again.

My bigger concern in that respect is if the bid weren't to come in at what Vince would place a numerical value on the company.  Anyone who has watched Pawn Stars and the like has seen how difficult it is to get these old-as-dirt collectors to part with their prized stuff even when they're being offered fair market value.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:56 AM, StLunatic88 said:

The men’s seems to be pretty clear, either Rock or Cody. Just depending how they want to tell that story. The most streamlined version is Cody wins the Rumble to go after one title (I wish it would be Universal and then he can flip it back to the BGB but now I’m just dreaming) and then Rock can just confront Roman about being the Head of the Table for the WWE belt. Roman fights both nights of Maina, and when he loses he can take his long break to go off to Hollywood for awhile. 

The Womens is more open, but I’m guessing it’s going to be Rhea, they have been planting seeds of her taking on Bianca for months, and I think they pull the trigger at Mania

The Womens is a bit more open, but not by a ton.  There isn't enough time to rehab Shayna as a stand-alone main event heel between now and the Rumble - and to be honest, I'm not sure I can see Charlotte losing the belt so soon at Mania, so I'd rather not see Shayna do another Mania title match job where I'm all-but-sure she has no chance of coming out on top.  So really that leaves a heel who can go at Bianca (particularly if we're talking Cody or Rock as the mens winner who will undoubtedly be babyfaces to the crowd).  Rhea is pretty much it unless they flip Racquel (which we know she can do, but she's coming off return-from-injury heat and doesn't really have much in the way of the ammo for a turn).  Only other option I can really see is a rehab Asuka (where you literally book her like NXT Asuka, and even then I'd save that for a Shayna-esque Elimination Chamber build) or strap a rocket to Chelsea Green, who we know definitely can talk, can work, and can sell an event.

It's either that or you bring back and legend, give them a Cena/Lesnar-like reveal in the late Rumble order and have them get to victory to go on an challenge Charlotte - Lita or Molly Holly come to mind; Victoria/Tara did just sign to do what looks like a one-off with Impact, so doing her as a surprise that also coincides with a deserved HOF induction that same weekend could be a cool tie-in and give Charlotte a marquee match without making people feel like she's come back and being shoved down their throats again.

20 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It's either that or you bring back and legend, give them a Cena/Lesnar-like reveal in the late Rumble order and have them get to victory to go on an challenge Charlotte - Lita or Molly Holly come to mind; Victoria/Tara did just sign to do what looks like a one-off with Impact, so doing her as a surprise that also coincides with a deserved HOF induction that same weekend could be a cool tie-in and give Charlotte a marquee match without making people feel like she's come back and being shoved down their throats again.

Beth Phoenix?

24 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

The Womens is a bit more open, but not by a ton.

I think you’re probably right. And they have been telegraphing Rhea forever now.

Plus they, for some reason, don’t really know how to book the Women’s Rumble yet. It’s kinda always just enter, do some moves, sit in a corner till it’s your time to be eliminated.

The “legend win” is probably coming, but they don’t really have a great heel to go with, so it’s probably another year. Feels like that should be Trish anyway (and a massive run for someone like Rhea would be perfect for that)

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Beth Phoenix?

Could certainly work a solid match with Charlotte, but given that she's coming back from kayfabe head injury, still has a bone to pick with Judgment Day, and Edge probably still has something with JD at Mania - it may be a bit of a cluster to get her in there.  If it were me and I'd made the decision to go with the Molly Holly Rumble win, I'd take it down to a final four of Beth, Molly, Rhea, and someone else who could be a somewhat believable winner (honestly, a way to make it easier on some of the smarter/markier fans, I'd make the 4th Liv and make her the final elimination), and have Beth sacrifice herself to eliminate both herself and Rhea (also setting up a Edge/Beth vs Dom/Mami Mania match that, if they wanted to push the envelop they could go intergender).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

to be honest, I'm not sure I can see Charlotte losing the belt so soon at Mania,

In Charlotte’s case, whoever she faces at Mania, unless it’s suddenly Ronda again, it’s going to be a rushed feud.

Because of that, I had a thought. They are already short on Women’s matches, so why not make 2 out of Charlotte’s title? It’s probably too much to have a #1 contenders match (1 on 1 up to a fatal 4 way) but what if they did like a 20 Woman Battle Royal?

It could get a lot of women who deserve it on the card, and it lets you incorporate other stories that would never make it to Mania, as well as get Charlotte an immediate challenger without having to worry too much about the build. Just a thought

Battle Royal earlier on Night 1. Then you get Charlotte Vs Winner on Night 2.

Edited by StLunatic88

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

In Charlotte’s case, whoever she faces at Mania, unless it’s suddenly Ronda again, it’s going to be a rushed feud.

Because of that, I had a thought. They are already short on Women’s matches, so why not make 2 out of Charlotte’s title? It’s probably too much to have a #1 contenders match (1 on 1 up to a fatal 4 way) but what if they did like a 20 Woman Battle Royal?

It could get a lot of women who deserve it on the card, and it lets you incorporate other stories that would never make it to Mania, as well as get Charlotte an immediate challenger without having to worry too much about the build. Just a thought

Battle Royal earlier on Night 1. Then you get Charlotte Vs Winner on Night 2.

Had they not just had the damn fiasco with Mandy Rose, this or something similar would have been a great way to bring Toxic Attraction up - and you'd have someone who it doesn't bury to have Charlotte beat on her first match back up (even though Mandy was the longest reigning NXT Women's champion, Charlotte is still the first and, along with Asuka, the brand standard so she should beat NXT's best in most cases), and she'd be able to pull out some fantastic heel heat basically throwing in Charlotte's face that she did everything that Charlotte did in NXT (including running a "hot girl" trio stable - throw a callback all the way to the BFF's in way early NXT)... but better.

Well this should be fun…..

guess any fantasy booking for good wrestling you ever had will be out the door as well. Can’t imagine the nostalgia worshipers that are the Saudi’s would do anything other than put Vince back in charge of it all

Rumors/Speculation is running rampant that Hunter will be next to step down (really hope he doesn’t, for the sake of everyone signed long term)

Edited by StLunatic88

Well.... This, if official, may well kill the company.

Will the WWE continue to have a women's division? 

Gotta imagine Sammi Zayn is gone. I wonder how many others will also leave.

Will networks be willing to work with the WWE moving forward? Their contracts are up next year.

Aew is going to be in a major position to flip fans and become the wrestling company. Especially if they can get new Japan to keep that door open 

I'd already moved to mostly casual viewing of the WWE. This would be the end of the line for me. Not even free pppvs on peacock are getting touched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

How do we think this impacts the ratings for Dynamite tomorrow night?

Probably not a direct spike, but you have to imagine Fox NBC and USA are going to be much more interested in getting aew on their channels, if wwe viewership tanks.

12 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Well.... This, if official, may well kill the company.

Will the WWE continue to have a women's division? 

Gotta imagine Sammi Zayn is gone. I wonder how many others will also leave.

Will networks be willing to work with the WWE moving forward? Their contracts are up next year.

Aew is going to be in a major position to flip fans and become the wrestling company. Especially if they can get new Japan to keep that door open 

I'd already moved to mostly casual viewing of the WWE. This would be the end of the line for me. Not even free pppvs on peacock are getting touched.

Sami and KO will definitely be gone along with most of the women. I’d also assume that Regal heads back to AEW to play the MJF angle if HHH does step down.