Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Posted (edited)

Shouldn't Punk want Drew to win, so the title is on the line when he finally wrestles Drew?

He just cost himself and Drew.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Shouldn't Punk want Drew to win, so the title is on the line when he finally wrestles Drew?

No. The strap gets put on Gunther at SS as deserved. Punk-Drew doesn't need a strap. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. The strap gets put on Gunther at SS as deserved. Punk-Drew doesn't need a strap. 

That's cool, but it doesn't answer the question I asked.

Storyline-wise, why wouldn't Punk want to fight for the gold?

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Because screwing Drew over is the point. I aspire to be that level a hater.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Because screwing Drew is even more important than him winning. 

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If you want to play the kayfabe game, it’s not only because he wants to screw over Drew, but also the next opponent for the WHC is already set. Gunther already has that match at Summer Slam locked up. And Punk has no claim to that title match at this point. But a grudge match vs Drew (who has made it personal, so screwing him is the most immediate gratification) is absolutely what Punk wants at this point. 

Posted (edited)

All the matches were fine although I was hoping Breakker would win.  Botch aside, the ending to Rollins/Priest was perfect.  Punk screws over McIntyre but by doing so, also screws over Rollins.  And Priest still didn't get the job done without help.  You advance three different stories in one ending.  That was a job well-done.

However, PLEs have a serious pacing issue.  I'm a fan of not overloading big shows with 10+ matches, but I'll take that if the alternative is filling hella time with ads and pointless crap.  Like, I love Gunther, but why are they airing a 4 minute hype video on a card he's not on?  Even worse was them airing their WrestleMania behind-the-scenes documentary which felt never-ending.  

The 3rd match of the night didn't start until an hour and 40 minutes or so in, and it ain't because the first 2 matches were super long.  I know the Cena announcement happened but still, they are wasting too much time on stuff outside of the ring.  A 5-match show should not be hitting 3 hours.  

I reckon noticed it more this time around because I watched it live and couldn't skip ahead.  Usually I watch it after its already aired.

Edited by iknowcool

Posted (edited)

Feels like Finn could potentially cost Priest the title. Maybe he'll be in cahoots with Gunther? 

Gunther/Finn/Ludwig/Liv vs Priest/Dom/JD/Rhea down the road?

Edited by Jeezla