Should Haskins sit his Rookie Year?

All in how he grasp the system and executes. If hes gets it down. I dont see why hed need to sit the entire season.

Id play him every 2nd half of a preseason game to see how hes doing and judge things from there. If it be 4-6-10 or 14 games he sit. But do think at some point he should run into live action even if it is at end of the season. (if out playoff hunt)

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Give him a stretch where he's got a fighting chance (@ Miami, v San Francisco, @ Minnesota (TNF), @ Buffalo) to get his feet under him instead of throwing him straight to the wolves.

Lord, I forgot they had Minnesota on national TV. 

0% chance they don’t have Haskins on the field for that game. If they’re going to play Cousins when he’s got a better team and the homefield advantage, they’re going to do it in such a way that the narrative with regard to the Redskins is Haskins and hope and future potential and upside and $25M difference in salary. And if they beat him, they’ll laugh all the way to 73 social media posts about it...

(...all of which I would like, love, and save to my hard drive forever and ever)

Edited by e16bball

So I see a lot are saying start Haskins to save others jobs witch clearly says you guys care nothing about Haskins actaully learning the NFL and being a good or great NFL QB for a long period of time. No one mentioned how sitting helped both Mahomes and Rodgers. So if Haskins was to start and looks a mess please don't bash him or come with the negativity. This also shows how bad most care about making the playoffs compared to New Englands/my goal of actaully winning a Super Bowl. Even if Haskins were to start does that make the team a Super Bowl contender? Not IMO. Once again the fan base plays a HUGE role in why this franchise is what it is at this point. Winning the Super Bowl isn't your goal, making the playoffs is. This attitude has to change. Keenum has proven enough to hold down the starting job for a year or at least the 1st 10 games of the season, but none seem have that idea but me. So you'll get what your asked for and once again don't blame Haskins or the team blame yourselves for being ok with just wanting to make the playoffs oppose to being a ACTUAL SUPER BOWL CONTENDER! To tell me Mahomes wasn't looking better in Training Camp compared to Smith would be a joke but what did Andy Reid do still sat him and let Alex play. Than ship his *** off to us and got a 3rd round pick plus got Fuller.

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So I see a lot are saying start Haskins to save others jobs witch clearly says you guys care nothing about Haskins actaully learning the NFL and being a good or great NFL QB for a long period of time. No one mentioned how sitting helped both Mahomes and Rodgers. So if Haskins was to start and looks a mess please don't bash him or come with the negativity. This also shows how bad most care about making the playoffs compared to New Englands/my goal of actaully winning a Super Bowl. Even if Haskins were to start does that make the team a Super Bowl contender? Not IMO. Once again the fan base plays a HUGE role in why this franchise is what it is at this point. Winning the Super Bowl isn't your goal, making the playoffs is. This attitude has to change. Keenum has proven enough to hold down the starting job for a year or at least the 1st 10 games of the season, but none seem have that idea but me. So you'll get what your asked for and once again don't blame Haskins or the team blame yourselves for being ok with just wanting to make the playoffs oppose to being a ACTUAL SUPER BOWL CONTENDER! To tell me Mahomes wasn't looking better in Training Camp compared to Smith would be a joke but what did Andy Reid do still sat him and let Alex play. Than ship his *** off to us and got a 3rd round pick plus got Fuller.

Literally no one has said play him to save jobs. Not one person here has advocated that nor wanted anyone’s job saved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Literally no one has said play him to save jobs. Not one person here has advocated that nor wanted anyone’s job saved. 

At least around here. But yeah, not sure where that came from.

Honestly, I want them to take their time with Haskins, but realistically I know they won't because A) what they have in front of him is ... well ... replaceable (to be kind about it), and B) marketing trumps all in Ashburn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Bye week, week 10. Could happen then depending if we are in it or not .

If they're in it going into the bye and Haskins hasn't started, he isn't starting after the bye barring an injury (they're not going to risk missing the playoffs).

If they aren't in it going into the bye and Haskins hasn't started, unless the tables just turned, someone ought to be fired because what are they saving him for?

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He will start week 1, this franchise would happily destroy him if it sells a few more season tickets this year.

Dangit guys stop with the "I like but don't like" comments. I want to credit y'all for the insight and thought, but I hate that you (accurately) said it! :D:D

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Jobs are on the line. He will start. Suggestion Gruden getting a extention sounds like some are saying he will start because Gruden is on the Hot Seat. How isn't that saying he will start to save Gruden's job? I didn't ask what will happen, I asked what should happen? 

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Jobs are on the line. He will start. Suggestion Gruden getting a extention sounds like some are saying he will start because Gruden is on the Hot Seat. How isn't that saying he will start to save Gruden's job? I didn't ask what will happen, I asked what should happen? 

You were saying people suggested him starting so they could save Gruden. Nobody on this forum wants Gruden saved. If Gruden earns it then by all means but currently he should be on his way out after this season based on his performance up to this point as head coach. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You were saying people suggested him starting so they could save Gruden. Nobody on this forum wants Gruden saved. If Gruden earns it then by all means but currently he should be on his way out after this season based on his performance up to this point as head coach. 

The first two sentences are replies to the topic. So don't say no one is suggestion Gruden will start him to try to save his job. No one came out and said Keenum should be the day 1 guy due to his experience and the fact he did lead the Vikings into the playoffs just 2 years ago. Yet many had concerns about Haskins due to lack of experience being just a 1 year starter at Ohio State. If your so concerned about his lack of experience Why wouldn't you want him to sit? What's wrong with Keenum being the 1 year gap guy just like Smith was for Mahomes? 

Edited by Skins212689

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The first two sentences are replies to the topic. So don't say no one is suggestion Gruden will start him to try to save his job. No one came out and said Keenum should be the day 1 guy due to his experience and the fact he did lead the Vikings into the playoffs just 2 years ago. Yet many had concerns about Haskins due to lack of experience being just a 1 year starter at Ohio State. If your so concerned about his lack of experience Why wouldn't you want him to sit? What's wrong with Keenum being the 1 year gap guy just like Smith was for Mahomes? 

I have no issue with Keenum being a stop-gap. But if Haskins is clearly the best QB in training camp and preseason how do you sit him to play someone who hasn’t performed as well? Now I’m not saying he’s going to be but the odds are pretty good that he will be simply based on how much more talented he is. Now that has nothing to do with saving Grudens job and more to do with playing the best players. 

Haskins is young and needs time to learn but he’s playing behind one of the leagues best OLs (when healthy) and has a load of talent in the backfield. I’d like for him to sit so we can add another weapon next year, hopefully Jeudy or Lamb, but if he’s so much better than Keenum and McCoy throughout training camp and preseason that it’s noticeable to everyone then you almost have to play him. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have no issue with Keenum being a stop-gap. But if Haskins is clearly the best QB in training camp and preseason how do you sit him to play someone who hasn’t performed as well? Now I’m not saying he’s going to be but the odds are pretty good that he will be simply based on how much more talented he is. Now that has nothing to do with saving Grudens job and more to do with playing the best players. 

Haskins is young and needs time to learn but he’s playing behind one of the leagues best OLs (when healthy) and has a load of talent in the backfield. I’d like for him to sit so we can add another weapon next year, hopefully Jeudy or Lamb, but if he’s so much better than Keenum and McCoy throughout training camp and preseason that it’s noticeable to everyone then you almost have to play him. 

So Mahomes wasn't that much better than Smith in KC? Not from what Smith was doing here and what Mahomes did in his 1st season as the starting QB after sitting a year. Even if Haskins is better than Mcoy and Keenum I still want him to sit a year.