OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would like to have verification that he actually sacked him and that he was not simply the closest defender to the quarterback when he ran out of bounds behind the line :P

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

Mullens (5th)

Goodwin (5th)

Garnett (like a conditional 2027 7th rounder)

Jet (4th)

Armstead (3rd or 4th)

No way we get a 4th for Jet and Armstead is a FA next year so doubt we are able to fetch that for him. And really it makes more sense to keep him since he is a good played and possibly grab a compensation pick next year. 

Hope Mullens stays on as he is clearly better than Beathard. 

Goodwin is a good choice and may be the guy that gets moved. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm so excited to see Bosa play.

Bosa is good enough to beat Shon Coleman. 

Good to know! 

Kidding, looks like he's been very good thus far. Little concerned about Ford though. Tendinitis in his knee doesn't sound good long term, regardless if he's had to deal with this for a couple of seasons now. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa is good enough to beat Shon Coleman. 

Good to know! 

Kidding, looks like he's been very good thus far. Little concerned about Ford though. Tendinitis in his knee doesn't sound good long term, regardless if he's had to deal with this for a couple of seasons now. 

Lol he also beat Joe Staley and McG yesterday. From what I heard every camp Ford has this issue.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No way we get a 4th for Jet and Armstead is a FA next year so doubt we are able to fetch that for him. And really it makes more sense to keep him since he is a good played and possibly grab a compensation pick next year. 

Hope Mullens stays on as he is clearly better than Beathard. 

Goodwin is a good choice and may be the guy that gets moved. 

I think we could get a 4th if Jet looks good in preseason. Some RB starved team could be willing to if he looks 100%. 

Agree on Armstead but if Street and Thomas have a great camp, someone’s not getting PT and I could see it as a way to dump him now rather than have to cut someone they otherwise can’t keep on the roster. 

I think we keep Mullens but if somehow they feel Beathard is better but Mullens has a couple good preseason games, maybe someone makes an offer we can’t refuse. If we’re offered a 4th I’d say take it. A 5th.... depends on their opinion of Beathard. 

And I think Goodwin’s gotta go. He plays a role but I’d rather see some of these young guys get snaps this year. Won’t be upset if we keep Goodwin, but will be if it means Taylor or maybe even Bourne is out. 

56 minutes ago, sherm said:

I know it's hard for people to remember but Aldon was special his rookie yr. Let's just see some gms before we start the comparison. 

I think Bosa is special as well, but he's not special in the same way. Aldon in his rookie year won with raw skills and without the tactical side. Bosa is all about being immediately ready from the technical side. 

So a smaller ceiling than Aldon, but I still think he can get 12-15 sacks/year, so all is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

I think we could get a 4th if Jet looks good in preseason. Some RB starved team could be willing to if he looks 100%. 

Agree on Armstead but if Street and Thomas have a great camp, someone’s not getting PT and I could see it as a way to dump him now rather than have to cut someone they otherwise can’t keep on the roster. 

I think we keep Mullens but if somehow they feel Beathard is better but Mullens has a couple good preseason games, maybe someone makes an offer we can’t refuse. If we’re offered a 4th I’d say take it. A 5th.... depends on their opinion of Beathard. 

And I think Goodwin’s gotta go. He plays a role but I’d rather see some of these young guys get snaps this year. Won’t be upset if we keep Goodwin, but will be if it means Taylor or maybe even Bourne is out. 

I feel the same way about Goodwin. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets traded.

8 hours ago, straighthate said:
10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nobody is giving a fourth for McKinnon unless we are giving them a fifth rounder too. I don't care if he looks Kory Sheets or Thomas Clayton brilliant in the preseason.

He's never been great at running the football, and he's possibly the most overpaid running back in football. He has the fourth highest base salary for all running backs in football next year.  Plus, there are other options available. Why is Jet more appealing than Duke Johnson or possibly a number of other players who could be available at that cost or lower? 

And honestly, is any team every truly "desperate" for a running back?