OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

45 minutes ago, JIllg said:

In this alternate universe we're in where the team is better in the red zone? Even in shorts, I don't believe it. The red zone is our nemesis.

You are right to distrust it. We have only been top 10 in red zone offense twice since Steve Mariucci was fired. And those were oddly in 2009 and 2016 when we weren't really good at much else.

3 hours ago, JIllg said:

In this alternate universe we're in where the team is better in the red zone? Even in shorts, I don't believe it. The red zone is our nemesis.

It's the alternate universe where we are lining up against our own defense, who has no clue how to play zone, especially in the redzone 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa getting a sack or two every practice.

But really nothing on Solomon Thomas good or bad. Looks like we will have to accept him for what he is at this point. 

I've seen a couple of good reports on him looking better and more focused. Haven't heard a negative yet.

12 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I've seen a couple of good reports on him looking better and more focused. Haven't heard a negative yet.

Anything on him doing something during team drills? Sure we hear that Buckner did this, or Day had a sack or two or Bosa had a sack...But haven't heard ANYTHING on Solly during team drills. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anything on him doing something during team drills? Sure we hear that Buckner did this, or Day had a sack or two or Bosa had a sack...But haven't heard ANYTHING on Solly during team drills. 

The initial team period was broken up by a short special teams session, after which the defense came out firing on all cylinders. Nick Bosa stood out today, with multiple sacks or pressures through the team portion of practice. Kentavius Street and Solomon Thomas also sacked opposing quarterbacks.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/8/2/20751815/49ers-training-camp-recap-offense-defense-competitive-day-6-garoppolo-bosa-pettis-sherman-shanahan

Looks like Solly did have himself a sack today!