Biggest head scratching picks

lark25

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

On Planet Earth 

Believe that if it makes you happy.

I'll hold my breath waiting for an actual concrete answer. Do please show us these sources that made those projections.

2 hours ago, bomont said:

I'll bite where do these "facts" come from?  Who are "most people?"  I can tell you it wasn't the better known mock drafters, because he was QB4 at the very lowest for nearly all of them.

PS I'm no Jones fan, I think it would have been at reach at 1.17, but get real. 

Todd McShay, PFF, Draft Network (round grade), Phil Simms, Chris Simms, and probably at least  10 other sources had him as QB5 or worse. Definitely more had him as QB5 than QB4. I’m talking purely rankings and not mocks cause the Giants loved him, but only the Giants. I’ll try to find more sources when I get home. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, deathstar said:

Wasn't he fired once already?

Yup, for not being the most player friendly GM and letting fan favorites walk. Extremely similar reasons as to why John Dorsey was fired. Is John Dorsey inept?

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Yup, for not being the most player friendly GM and letting fan favorites walk. Extremely similar reasons as to why John Dorsey was fired. Is John Dorsey inept?

Sounds like something Gettleman told himself after he got fired.

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Dorsey has a proven track record though

• Like 1

22 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Also for absurdly overvaluing the role of the running gamer in the modern NFL, both in paying incredible money to RBs, but also in allocating resources towards "things that enable/inhibit the running game on offense/defense" and away from things which enable/inhibit the passing game.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Also for absurdly overvaluing the role of the running gamer in the modern NFL, both in paying incredible money to RBs, but also in allocating resources towards "things that enable/inhibit the running game on offense/defense" and away from things which enable/inhibit the passing game.

That equivalency was absurd.

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, lark25 said:

Which picks did you find to be the biggest head scratchers?

For me it was Jahlani Tavai as the 3rd LB off the board. I might’ve missed something but there should’ve been at least 10 guys after him I would’ve picked before him as a no brainer. 

6’2, 246lbs and didn’t run a 3cone. 4.86 40 was glacial compared to the others in the class. Just over 9’ broad, a below avg athlete.

not hating the guy but that profiles more like a 5th 6th rounder if drafted in the modern game

Noticed this guy recently got cut.

This dude was a bottom 10 lb despite plenty of opportunities and got cut. The dude dropped 10lbs to run a 4.86 and was a head scratching pick. Not saying my comment was a genius observation but there were so many solid athletic lbs in 2019, no wonder the lions perennially struggle.

37 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Noticed this guy recently got cut.

This dude was a bottom 10 lb despite plenty of opportunities and got cut. The dude dropped 10lbs to run a 4.86 and was a head scratching pick. Not saying my comment was a genius observation but there were so many solid athletic lbs in 2019, no wonder the lions perennially struggle.

Have to respect a 2 year thread bump for an "I knew it" grave dance. 

• Like 4