• Julian Love, Giants
    • Byron Jones, Cowboys
    • Chidobe Awuzie, Cowboys
    • Anthony Brown, Cowboys
    • Jalen Mills, Eagles
    • Ronald Darby, Eagles
    • Sidney Jones, Eagles

27 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Was Norman banged up at all last year? Or did he just simply regress? Age 31/32 season is usually a tipping point for CB's that aren't Champ Bailey or PP athletically.

He's being used in press man coverage way too often.  Here's a good article on it (just take their actual grades with a grain of salt, but the other stats are spot on): https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-are-looking-for-more-from-josh-norman-in-2019

Our defensive staff is too idiotic to play one of the best off-man corners in the league in off-man for the majority of his snaps, and I don't expect to see that change this year, so I can't rank him as the best CB in the East.

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

He's being used in press man coverage way too often.  Here's a good article on it (just take their actual grades with a grain of salt, but the other stats are spot on): https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-are-looking-for-more-from-josh-norman-in-2019

Our defensive staff is too idiotic to play one of the best off-man corners in the league in off-man for the majority of his snaps, and I don't expect to see that change this year, so I can't rank him as the best CB in the East.

Oh, you got yourselves a Jim Schwartz that has no idea how to use his secondary players, but hopes the play of the front 7 masks it.

Edited by Jeezla

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Jimmy F Moreland - Redskins

Seriously - every other team but the Redskins gets more than 2 options?

Yeah, it’s a little puzzling that Dunbar isn’t on the list and some of those abject bums are options. 

He was really good when healthy last season. Sky is the limit for that guy. He should absolutely be a consideration here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Since the question is who will be the best CB in 2019, I'm going with Awuzie. Throwaway vote or not.

Going Chidobe also. He really came on strong as the year went on. And he was more often going against the #1 wr. He is also a more violent tackler than Jones.