The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The gap between RJ Barrett and guys like DeAndre Hunter and Darius Garland is bigger than the gap between Zion/Ja and RJ. The gap between Zion and Ja is pretty damn big if we're being honest though, Ja has some question marks in his game. 

Barrett can't shoot, I want no part of him. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

You're right.  They could risk it.  With Kawhi, he has never given any indication where he wants to play.  It's clear as day that Anthony Davis wants to go to the Lakers.

It's worth the risk, though.

Agreed. Give it a shot and try to win a title. If Davis leaves, then they can blow it up by trading Lillard and get a clean cap sheet.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ja is terrible on defense and has ball control issues. 

I'm one of the minority who basically think Ja and RJ are equal prospects. But both have serious flaws and aren't locks to even be good players.

Edited by 11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He’s a more developed shooter than Ja was at the same stage.

Is he? They shot the same % from 3 (though Barrett did shoot more), but Morant's FT% was significantly better.

Morant had a much higher TS% and eFG% as a freshman than Barrett.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He’s a more developed shooter than Ja was at the same stage. He’s a good shooter with his feet set but struggles when shooting off movement. 

If all you need to do is disrupt his platform slightly to make him unable to shoot, he's a bad shooter.

He's not going to get set looks in the NBA when teams know that. His TS% was bad and he is an ABYSMAL FT shooter for a guy who's going to need to be able to hit at minimum 75% to be an effective scorer early on.

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Man, I hope Griffin does well for Zion's sakes. At least better than Demps did for AD.

Definitely have some schadenfreude from afar for the Knicks (sorry to their fans though). Still could land Barrett and some good FAs with that cap space though

I don't get it. NYK gets KD and Kyrie, draft RJ, who is a nice combo with Kyrie. Nothing definite, but a good chance.

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't get it. NYK gets KD and Kyrie, draft RJ, who is a nice combo with Kyrie. Nothing definite, but a good chance.

Yeah I overreacted a bit when I read the news. I just enjoyed it not being Zion or Ja. But it isn't guaranteed they get those FAs. Certainly likely, but if they miss out on them somehow still? That would be a tough one. Still hypotheticals though. I guess the biggest detrement is it makes a Davis trade unlikely for them

David Griffin, Zion, Jrue, soon we'll have one of Tatum/Grizz pick+ from the Celts, Morant or Barrett/Robinson+ from the Knicks, or Ingram/#4+ from the Lakers. I went from having no faith in the future of this franchise to psyched as all hell pretty fast. Someone pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Hopefully Griff doesn't screw up Zion like Dell did AD. I got faith, the man knows what he's doing. And Gayle Benson is a great owner. Things are on the up.

Edited by Spartica4Real