The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

NO is objectively the worst market in the NBA so it's a pretty rough result for the casual NBA fan and NBA. But chaos factor is very high. I hate the Lakers bro 

Uh...What? How is New Orleans the worst market in the NBA? Didn't they rank highly in TV rating? They also are a completely revamped franchise. 

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

NO is objectively the worst market in the NBA so it's a pretty rough result for the casual NBA fan and NBA. But chaos factor is very high. I hate the Lakers bro 

Probably true, but that has to due with them being the youngest team in the league and a lack of sustained success. Winning cures all, and with Zion that is very much a possibility. Not like the New Orleans market doesn't support successful sports teams, just look at the Saints.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Probably true, but that has to due with them being the youngest team in the league and a lack of sustained success. Winning cures all, and with Zion that is very much a possibility. Not like the New Orleans market doesn't support successful sports teams, just look at the Saints.

Pretty sure the Pelicans had the 3rd highest TV rating in the playoffs last year. They aren't even close to the worst market in the NBA.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Pretty sure the Pelicans had the 3rd highest TV rating in the playoffs last year. They aren't even close to the worst market in the NBA.

Not sure, but I can understand from a revenue and attendance perspective why they would be seen as one of the worst teams over the course of their short existence.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not sure, but I can understand from a revenue and attendance perspective why they would be seen as one of the worst teams over the course of their short existence.

Yeah, makes sense. Gayle Benson has done a great job recently though. I said it when they hired Griffin, he shows that this franchise is super serious about being competitive. 

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That is not a good measure of market size. That is measure of how exciting the team is to the casual fans across the country

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Uh...What? How is New Orleans the worst market in the NBA? Didn't they rank highly in TV rating? They also are a completely revamped franchise. 

Not a shot at the fans at all. I love you guys. It's just a small market that doesn't support the basketball team very well because there are other huge sports there. 

This was the first google result but just from stuff I've heard on podcasts talks about NO really struggling as an NBA market. 

Just now, champ11 said:

Objectively worst was harsh. Just what I've heard from NBA journalists on podcasts. But it's a market where casuals are not going to get to see Zion, like they didn't see AD. Hopefully Griffin can do a good job. 

Yeah I get what you're saying.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I think you have to. Beal's a legit star and I don't think you punt on talent like that. I feel the same way about Kemba tbh. 

That's almost guaranteed luxury tax for a team that doesn't make the playoffs, though.