The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is dumb.  A TON of people last night on social media and even on Fox, ESPN, etc were saying that Zion looked disgusted when the Pelicans got the #1 overall pick.  Him not wanting to go to New Orleans, demanding a trade and/or trying to go back to school are all stupid. 

How is it stupid?  We've seen big time prospects force themselves to another organizations.  Its happened across sports.  

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

When you have a 3 hour radio show, that last hour must truly be the hardest to work a segment in on a day like today. 

Here's what you could cover from a hot take standpoint:

*Last night's GSW blowout was a demoralizing blow to KD's legacy

*Why Tiger will/will not repeat his Major success starting tomorrow...just take a hardline stance

*How to fix MLB (always a favorite on a slow day)

*Draft Lottery...Insert LOL at the Knicks for 15 minutes...then a solid 75 minutes to other Draft Lottery related talk

Baker Mayfield sucks usually works well for him. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

It also helps that this class is pretty freaking terrible outside of a few players. 

A lot of years, a player like Ja Morant strikes me as a 4th or 5th pick in the draft. But this year he's 2nd or 3rd. Not only that, but the dropoff after the top 3 is a cliff moreso than after the top 5 in most years. I can't recall the last time we had a draft that felt this weak.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How is it stupid?  We've seen big time prospects force themselves to another organizations.  Its happened across sports.  

What's the purpose for Zion to do this?  And where is he forcing himself to go?

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

To get out of a crappy small market.  To a big market like LA, Boston or NY.  

But why does any of this matter?  The market you play in, in 2019 doesn't matter.  if you're truly a superstar player, you will get all the media attention regardless of where you play.  This isn't like the 90's or early 2000's before social media's big boom and people still relying on newspapers/tv shows for news/highlights.

LeBron was the biggest sports star in this country from Cleveland, OH.  Durant was covered constantly in Oklahoma City.  Westbrook, Lillard right now, etc.  If you can play, you'll be in the media literally non-stop.

This type of thing is just stupid and archaic.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

But why does any of this matter?  The market you play in, in 2019 doesn't matter.  if you're truly a superstar player, you will get all the media attention regardless of where you play.  This isn't like the 90's or early 2000's before social media's big boom and people still relying on newspapers/tv shows for news/highlights.

LeBron was the biggest sports star in this country from Cleveland, OH.  Durant was covered constantly in Oklahoma City.  Westbrook, Lillard right now, etc.  If you can play, you'll be in the media literally non-stop.

This type of thing is just stupid and archaic.

Then why is Anthony Davis forcing his way out of NO?  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

According to him, he wants to be in a better situation to win.  I don't think it has anything to do with the market, which is why you never hear him talking about playing for the Bulls even though he's from Chicago.  The Bulls are one of the worst teams in the league, so going there doesn't make sense.

it's the same reason Paul left New Orleans, LeBron left Cleveland the first time, Durant left Oklahoma City, etc.  Those guys put in many many years and never won a championship, so they moved on. 

With Zion, we're talking about a guy who has literally not played a single second in the NBA.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Because the organization didn't provide him with enough help to win and he wants to win. Maybe his perspective changes with Griff running things though.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think it'd be to get out of a small market, but away from a team that just wasted the early career of the last prospect as hyped as Zion.

I know you're not saying this, but why was Davis' career a waste in New Orleans?

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I know you're not saying this, but why was Davis' career a waste in New Orleans?

The FO did a lot of terrible moves overpaying role players and not surrounding Davis with a team capable of competing.  

• Like 1

Just now, JMG5 said:

Because the organization didn't provide him with enough help to win and he wants to win. Maybe his perspective changes with Griff running things though.

Yeah people need to remember this is a different FO. Yes Dell Demps and Jeff Bower wasted Chris Paul and AD. Griffin seems to have a strong reputation, and so far I like what I've heard from him (and the fact that he brought in the Suns trainer), and the ownership clearly cares and is willing to spend

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think it'd be to get out of a small market, but away from a team that just wasted the early career of the last prospect as hyped as Zion.

And CP3 before that.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The FO did a lot of terrible moves overpaying role players and not surrounding Davis with a team capable of competing.  

When he played last season, they made it to the second round of the playoffs and lost to the Warriors. Everyone loses to the Warriors.  How is that not competing?  It's not like the Pelicans were a bottom dwelling team with him last year. 

They were disappointing this year and then Davis missed 25 games. 

Not competing is the Phoenix Suns.  The Pelicans were a postseason team last year.