The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Zion, Ja, RJ as the 3 best prospects in the class has been the narrative for a while. Also absolutely LOL at Ja/RJ not being better prospects than Culver/Garland. 

I know a lot of people that were saying it was a 2 player draft with Zion and Ja before the lottery.

Basically everyone has their detractors though. Barrett has a lot and I can see some people being higher on those guys. Just cause you aren't doesn't mean anything.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know a lot of people that were saying it was a 2 player draft with Zion and Ja before the lottery.

Basically everyone has their detractors though. Barrett has a lot and I can see some people being higher on those guys. Just cause you aren't doesn't mean anything.

And, even if there is a consensus for the top 3 it really doesn't mean that much.

Zion is in a tier of his own and then I'd put Ja and RJ in a similar tier as prospects, after that there's a big drop off though. Guys like Reddish, Garland, Bol, etc didn't show much in college but are projected to go high because it's an extremely weak class and they have some upside. 

Not sure who would be higher on Darius Garland who looked okay in 3 games and then got hurt or Culver who can't really create and crapped the bed in the NCAA Tournament. 

If the Lakers keep the pick they're going to take Cam Reddish, you heard it here first. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Zion is in a tier of his own and then I'd put Ja and RJ in a similar tier as prospects, after that there's a big drop off though.

Actual NBA scouts disagree with you bro.

Just stop.

I mean look at your avatar..... lol. You keep talking about this consensus yet are proudly displaying a dude who was selected 4th and wasn't even a consensus top 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Lakers keep the pick they're going to take Cam Reddish, you heard it here first. 

Nah. We ain't the Raiders. We actually have a good scouting department.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Actual NBA scouts disagree with you bro.

Just stop.

I mean look at your avatar..... lol. You keep talking about this consensus yet are proudly displaying a dude who was selected 4th and wasn't even a consensus top 10 pick.

Nah. We ain't the Raiders. We actually have a good scouting department.

Can you link me to where you're getting information from actual NBA scouts? Thanks. The two guys that you referenced were randoms from twitter, not NBA scouts. lmao. 

The media big boards =/= team big boards. You feel confident going into the season with Cody Kessler as your starting QB when Wentz goes down again like he does every season? 

LeBron has sung Reddish's praises in the past plus he's a Rich Paul client, the first thing he did after he signed with him was sit courtside at a Lakers game. But also LOL at the Lakers having a good scouting department, you've drafted terribly and the only two good players you did draft recently are no longer with the team. 

Edited by NYRaider

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you link me to where you're getting information from actual NBA scouts? Thanks. The two guys that you referenced where randoms from twitter, not NBA scouts. lmao. 

That random was quoting a credible Lakers reporters that texted/talked to many NBA scouts who said its not a 3 player draft.

What don't you get about that?

You expect me to have NBA scouts on speed dial for you to hit up?

The media big boards =/= team big boards. You feel confident going into the season with Cody Kessler as your starting QB when Wentz goes down again like he does every season? 

STUDfeld is our #2. Cody is likely a camp arm. Get your facts straight.

LeBron has sung Reddish's praises in the past plus he's a Rich Paul client

So is Garland? Doesn't make either a lock to get taken by the Lakers. Could it increase their odds? I don't know. Maybe.

But also LOL at the Lakers having a good scouting department, you've drafted terribly and the only two good players you did draft recently are no longer with the team. 

Terribly? You funny.

D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle ain't the only guys we've got.

Ball and Ingram ain't bums by any means.

I'm not as big on Kuzma and Hart like a lot of Lakers fans, but for where they were taken respectively you can't say those aren't solid picks.

I'm not sure about our picks last year, but that's not really a knock since they were all really late.

But, now that I think about it.... its kinda sad I have to celebrate our scouting department cause that's the only respectable part of the Lakers organization lately.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

And the very next post is me saying Reddish is the worst top 5 pick ever. So yeah people have thought this was a 3 player draft ever since Ja came on and Reddish sucked for long enough.

Reddish still shouldn’t be a top 5 pick and my point wasn’t that nobody said it’s a top 3 draft. Good for you. I’m aware there are people who are big RJ fans. And, we’ll see in time if you were right or not.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 5/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, NYRaider said:

Meh. He'll be good and can be one of the better PG's in the league, but superstar talent? Nah. 

Disagree. He’s got dame like skill set scoring wise and just amazing court vision. He will be a franchise player.