The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

43 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple reports about how Benson and Loomis gave no effort running the Pelicans. I guess I could be wrong, though.

Well Tom saved the team from leaving and was willing to spend, as is Gayle. Did they care about the Saints more and was Loomis having a role a mistake? Probably. Still pretty solid owners AFAIC, considering what we had previously and how bad some others around the league are. I'm mostly just happy they've been willing to spend money and want to win

Edited by amac

1 minute ago, amac said:

Well Tom saved the team from leaving and was willing to spend, as is Gayle. Did they care about the Saints more and was Loomis having a role a mistake? Probably. Still pretty solid owners AFAIC, considering what we had previously and how bad some others around the league are

IDK, I've seen reports that the Saints were Tom's baby and the Pels are Gayle's baby. Obviously she'll want to keep the Saints legacy going due to it being Tom's and being so longstanding, but if it's too be believed then she likes basketball/the Pels more than she does football/the Saints. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:24 AM, seminoles1 said:

Why is that? Memphis kept Conley and Gasol.

Morant has superstar talent. Conley and Gasol are good players but neither are franchise caliber. I wish you all the best though. Lord knows we didnt need another star PG out west.

46 minutes ago, indifference said:

Morant has superstar talent. Conley and Gasol are good players but neither are franchise caliber. I wish you all the best though. Lord knows we didnt need another star PG out west.

True, Morant does have more talent/potential than those 2, but Memphis has shown to keep good talent and had a consistent winner before so I'm not concerned about keeping the talent.

I'm much more concerned about picking the right player since Memphis sucks at drafting haha.

Memphis is in the West...

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

True, Morant does have more talent/potential than those 2, but Memphis has shown to keep good talent and had a consistent winner before so I'm not concerned about keeping the talent.

I'm much more concerned about picking the right player since Memphis sucks at drafting haha.

Memphis is in the West...

Oh I know they’re in the West I was just hoping he’d land on an Eastern Conference team. Going to be a very interesting battle of competition nightly. Fox, Ball, Alexander, Morant, and Murray over the next 10.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, NYRaider said:

RJ Barrett is a much better prospect than anyone else on the board. He's a lock to go top 3. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:00 PM, Danger said:

HUGE falloff after #3.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:56 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Anything outside of 2 is weak 

On 5/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, Bullet Club said:

Ouch LA.

hmm...

If the Lakers got #3 it would be only a 2 player draft.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

hmm...

My ouch LA comment was referencing jumping all the way up from 11 but not getting #1. I'm not an R.J. Barrett fan at all, he's going to be a big chucker.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

My ouch LA comment was referencing jumping all the way up from 11 but not getting #1. I'm not an R.J. Barrett fan at all, he's going to be a big chucker.

I mean every team feels that way. Hurts a lot less for the Lakers than say the Knicks though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

hmm...

Zion, Ja, RJ as the 3 best prospects in the class has been the narrative for a while. Also absolutely LOL at Ja/RJ not being better prospects than Culver/Garland. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Meh. He'll be good and can be one of the better PG's in the league, but superstar talent? Nah. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Zion, Ja, RJ as the 3 best prospects in the class has been the narrative for a while. 

I agree but I don't necessarily agree with it. For upside play, maybe but then you could probably throw Garland in there too. But I think are dudes who floors are similar or higher than Ja and RJ (Culver, Hunter, NA-W, Clarke, etc.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. He'll be good and can be one of the better PG's in the league, but superstar talent? Nah. 

I'm going to blindly hold onto the tiny bit of superstar potential he has for as long as possible. Don't downtalk my dream!

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I agree but I don't necessarily agree with it. For upside play, maybe but then you could probably throw Garland in there too. But I think are dudes who floors are similar or higher than Ja and RJ (Culver, Hunter, NA-W, Clarke, etc.)

Garland looked okay in his limited time at Vanderbilt early in the season but didn't really display much as a passer/facilitator. Plus he's coming off of a season-ending knee injury. If you look at early mock drafts he was projected as a mid-first round pick but is being mocked in the top 5 now after a good but not great early season showing and coming off of an injury, I don't get it.