The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm going to keep it a buck right now.

Look at the Rockets roster when they acquired James Harden.  The guy gets them to the freaking playoffs every year.  I don't want to hear it.  Anthony Davis can't do that because he's nowhere near the player than James Harden is.  Look at how Kawhi Leonard has completely transformed this Raptors team... the same team that has failed year after year and was a treadmill team.  Davis nowhere near the player Leonard is.

Anthony Davis is more close to Kyrie Irving as a player than he is to Leonard or Harden.

So yes, the Pelicans haven't made the greatest decisions ever and they do deserve blame.  But wasting Davis' career?  If Davis was really an MVP caliber player (which he's not), he would have uplifted this team over the years consistently. 

You talk about guys like LeBron, Durant, Leonard, Harden, Giannis.  Those are TRUE elite and MVP type players.  I've gained a ton of respect for Jokic and Lillard. 

Anthony Davis?  Yea he needs to go run along and be LeBron's, Durant's or someone else's side kick.  Just like Kyrie Irving needs to do.

I would mostly agree. I wanted to believe a big could be just as valuable while he was here, but having a best player with the ball in his hands most of the game makes a difference. Lebron, Giannis, Durant, Kawhi, Harden, Curry are tier 1 for me and AD is tier 2.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It is a new from office, but run by an owner and GM who give no ****s except for not to lose money and make the playoffs.

Wait, huh? In what world does David Griffin not care about winning a championship? What has he ever said that points to otherwise? And how does Gayle Benson pumping money into new facilities, a FO overhaul, new analytics department, new training staff, etc suggest she only cares about not losing money and making the playoffs?

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

2 winning records in 7 years. Multiple bad, short-sighted moves in both free agency and trades by the front office.

Yes, they had a decent season last year, but what about this year?

The inconsistency can be frustrating and weigh on a player. It is a new from office, but run by an owner and GM who give no ****s except for not to lose money and make the playoffs.

This is 100000% false.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple reports about how Benson and Loomis gave no effort running the Pelicans. I guess I could be wrong, though.

Loomis sure, he’s not there anymore. Benson has done nothing but give the Pelicans everything they need to be successful this off-season. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Like previously stated. Griffin is obviously committed to winning. Benson just spent a ton of money on the team, new staff and facilities. Nothing about it was true.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

2 winning records in 7 years.

This is true.  

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Multiple bad, short-sighted moves in both free agency and trades by the front office.

This is absolutely true. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Like previously stated. Griffin is obviously committed to winning. Benson just spent a ton of money on the team, new staff and facilities. Nothing about it was true.

I meant Loomis in my original post, not Griffin. Just put the wrong title. Loomis is still Griffin's boss.

I seem to have been wrong about Benson, though. My bad.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I meant Loomis in my original post, not Griffin. Just put the wrong title. Loomis is still Griffin's boss.

I seem to have been wrong about Benson, though. My bad.

Loomis may be his boss but he doesn’t really do much of anything except sign off on stuff. Griffin is running the show there.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple reports about how Benson and Loomis gave no effort running the Pelicans. I guess I could be wrong, though.

Which Benson? Gayle hasn't been owner for long and she's been pumping money into the team. She's been a great owner thus far. 

Loomis doesn't do anything with the Pels anymore. Griffin is running the show. Though you are right he is technically Griff's boss. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Which Benson? Gayle hasn't been owner for long and she's been pumping money into the team. She's been a great owner thus far. 

Loomis doesn't do anything with the Pels anymore. Griffin is running the show. Though you are right he is technically Griff's boss. 

Agreed. Gayle has been great and Griffin wouldn't have joined the organization if he didn't have the power to make basically every decision.