Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Rick is likely cleared, but because the Baptiste role requires him to select people the night before, that is a null tell.

That's fair...

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, thoughts on this post hammer?

The two nonvoters got in early in the attack, so that wasn't it. However, it very easily could have meant that most of the town roles didn't get a chance to activate their powers (hence we saw no loverization of any of the votes).

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I can get behind two of those guys for sure

Two of those are null votes - trying to elicit a response from the votees. One I'm standing firm on.

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well if we're trying to find mafia then I think my vote is in the right place.

Okay, why? Because I chose a role that cannot be lynched (provided I turned it on the previous night, which I didn't)?

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, why? Because I chose a role that cannot be lynched (provided I turned it on the previous night, which I didn't)?

Well that plus dome was defending you day 1 from swag, who was going all in on you being scum saying that you were playing like your previous scum games. The next night swag dies by dome's hand and that doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. I think Dome was trying to deflect heat off of you both in thread and with his night action.

But yes, I certainly think Mei is a role that scum would take to protect themselves also.

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, thoughts on this post hammer?

I’ll reserve judgement until I hear from him

He doesn’t seem like the type to betray the spirit of the game like that.

if he saw the writing on the wall and was trying to end night so that a portion of civs couldn’t use their roles, then I’ll accept that

as long as you are playing to your wincon I can live with it

47 minutes ago, Woz said:

Rick is likely cleared, but because the Baptiste role requires him to select people the night before, that is a null tell.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say clear, but I get the point and agree he is most likely civ

Not pardoning dome is a null tell, he would be exposing himself if he did so

He could have pardoned malf though, and probably would have if mafia 

However, it’s plausible that mafia could choose to hold onto that role until later in the game in a tighter ratio where he could do real damage with a halted lynch and free hit

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

What do you think about my plan to vote around to try to find someone unlynchable?

I agree, but if tk3 used his redirect/switch on you and matts, where would mass move end up?  On you?

Rackcs

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

With back to back lynches of mafia, are we good in saying Counselor and Rick aren't Mafia? You've got to think they would have burned a Pardon by now.

1. Swag

2. Flacco

3. Tk3

I think they are more clear than scum, but they could be playing the long game, so they need to be kept in mind.

37 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well that plus dome was defending you day 1 from swag, who was going all in on you being scum saying that you were playing like your previous scum games. The next night swag dies by dome's hand and that doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. I think Dome was trying to deflect heat off of you both in thread and with his night action.

But yes, I certainly think Mei is a role that scum would take to protect themselves also.

1. Swag and I don't play well with each other. He misread me because as I pointed out, he only had two games to base his opinion on.

2. Mafia *never* defends townies to make themselves look good. Nope never ever. Nopenopenope.

3. Dome took out a major threat to the mafia, regardless of his defense of me. The fact that he took out someone I was feuding with was just gravy.

4. You do realize that without my late vote switch to Malf within 10 minutes of the day 1, we would have lynched either Forge or Matts, right? They wouldn't have been able to switch over and hit Malf.

Ask yourself if I was mafia, why turn a sure victory for my side into a complete failure? Especially when one of the guys I could have let die was the guy Dome then subsequently lynched?

Just now, Woz said:

1. Swag and I don't play well with each other. He misread me because as I pointed out, he only had two games to base his opinion on.

2. Mafia *never* defends townies to make themselves look good. Nope never ever. Nopenopenope.

3. Dome took out a major threat to the mafia, regardless of his defense of me. The fact that he took out someone I was feuding with was just gravy.

4. You do realize that without my late vote switch to Malf within 10 minutes of the day 1, we would have lynched either Forge or Matts, right? They wouldn't have been able to switch over and hit Malf.

Ask yourself if I was mafia, why turn a sure victory for my side into a complete failure? Especially when one of the guys I could have let die was the guy Dome then subsequently lynched?

I’ve defended town as scum before 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I’ve defended town as scum before 

Well, you're just weird. It never happens outside of weirdos. :D

Not saying I quite agree with the move, but I can see the logic behind rags doing that. A lot of the times scum can’t use the chatty bit and their move, it has to be one or the other. It would make sense for someone with an even night move to be assigned the chatty hit 

Archived