Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

1 minute ago, SwAg said:
25 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Does anyone else wanna get really meta and start talking about this draft? I feel like certain spots in the draft were deemed scum spots rather than randomly assigning scum or town to players. I feel like scum would also be more frontloaded at the top of the draft so they don't get totally screwed by the draft process. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I’ll have this conversation in a bit.

since players sent numbers in before we got our allignment, the draft order itself isnt relevant and would be a false path to go down.

however, this game should pretty easy to piece together depending on who people take.

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i wish you guys wouldnt have said anything.

we could have seen if mafia would have done that. then we could have caught them AND gotten more powers.

now mafia are definitely not taking nilla roles

This strikes me as pretty fake.  

It’s a near perpetual occurrence where the person who claims Vanilla is lynched on toss-up / paranoia lynches, and often requires substantially less to garner votes because there is ostensibly no risk of losing anything.  Yeah, if you value the player who claims Vanilla the calculus is off, but like 80% of the game falls into the general category.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do they have to be locked, or just majority?

What's the difference between voting for someone and being locked? If you're locked can you not change your vote?

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’ll have this conversation in a bit.

Ok :(

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

He knows the concept, folks.

You are starting this game off strong with ridiculousness. I do know the concept. My question was in regards to implementation. 

Just now, Dome said:

The idea that matts hasn’t heard the term “hammer hybrid” either means he’s lying or he only read about half as much as should.

Ive seen the term dozens of times and matts his played in a lot more games than I have 

giphy.gif

Just now, Malfatron said:

since players sent numbers in before we got our allignment, the draft order itself isnt relevant and would be a false path to go down.

however, this game should pretty easy to piece together depending on who people take.

This strikes me as fake too.  You mischaracterized what rack said for the sake of dismissing it as a false path.  He’s saying that alignments may have been determined by the order of the draft to prevent imbalance in the game, rather than alignments randomized on the player list, and then the lottery determined the draft order blindly.  It’s not hard to envision a scenario where scum are stuck all picking in the bottom 1/3, which would be pretty close to a broken game.

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

What I'm saying is that certain draft spots were likely given scum designations and whoever got those spots would be the scum. So like roles 1, 3, 5 are town and 2, 4, 6 are scum. Then whoever got those numbers in the draft would be given their alignment that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

The idea that matts hasn’t heard the term “hammer hybrid” either means he’s lying or he only read about half as much as should.

Ive seen the term dozens of times and matts his played in a lot more games than I have 

If I'm being honest, I haven't heard of the Hybrid Hammer before either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You are starting this game off strong with ridiculousness. I do know the concept. My question was in regards to implementation. 

giphy.gif

No, it’s just a term frequently used by at least four people in this game, in at least two games you’ve played.  

I’m not even making a read off of it, just making fun of you.  Glad you’re trying to conjure of dystopian tropes about my ridiculousness though.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

matts doesn’t read as much as he should?  Color me shocked.

At least for this game, I expect in the past two months he figured out how laptops works, so we won’t have the I can’t play effectively on mobile, so let me scream and **** myself.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

What I'm saying is that certain draft spots were likely given scum designations and whoever got those spots would be the scum. So like roles 1, 3, 5 are town and 2, 4, 6 are scum. Then whoever got those numbers in the draft would be given their alignment that way.

So instead of randomizing the roles based on the signups and then having the draft order set by our numbers.....

you are suggesting that the randomized roles were built in to the draft order..... that's certainly one way to ensure a balanced setup.

Malfatron

You can cut the prophet and savior act, brother.  You don’t fool me with your forced attempts to be reasonable and strategic, while broadcasting immediate frustrations to project them to these impressionable sloths.