Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Why didn't you check DANGER since he was 2nd/the most suspected other than Squire?

My guess would because if he suspected me to be mafia like many have that he'd expect that I wouldn't be the one to carry out a hit since I'm under pressure. Is it scummy or overthinking?

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

My guess would because if he suspected me to be mafia like many have that he'd expect that I wouldn't be the one to carry out a hit since I'm under pressure. Is it scummy or overthinking?

Yes, except that Ragnarok has actively avoided targeting anyone whose power we could conceivably verify. Why hasn't he once tracked Flacco?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would also like to know this.

I'd imagine it's because he knew that he could "track" people who didn't have moves OR use their moves. Notice he sent out about BCB who DIDN'T use the loverizer/haterizer +/- AND the same about Woz's wraith ability, to go on top of his previous 0-5 streak.

It's gotta be DANGER and then Rags. 

Danger was suspect yesterday and he BIT HARD on my bait that I laid for +1ing Woz today.

Just now, Woz said:

Yes, except that Ragnarok has actively avoided targeting anyone whose power we could conceivably verify. Why hasn't he once tracked Flacco?

You'd rather go Rags today and then roll the dice tomorrow? Danger is guilty as sin IMO, but so is probably Rags...those are my two biggest scum reads so far and 3rd place isn't even close, because you'd have to play a MAJOR 6 degrees of separation to get there, involving people like you playing the LONG GAME with your ability (when others could have hammered you), PR intentionally going after scum as scum and saving civ BCB to play the SUPER LONG game, knowing that he was looking at getting lynched the next day for doing such a thing...it just doesn't add up past those two IMO.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Why didn't you check DANGER since he was 2nd/the most suspected other than Squire?

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would also like to know this.

Well, there's two scum left.  So, I was going to check one of Woz or Danger.  I chose to track Woz because I doubted that danger, being #2 behind squire, would have carried out the scum hit.  The 6th member would have done it.  

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You'd rather go Rags today and then roll the dice tomorrow? Danger is guilty as sin IMO, but so is probably Rags...those are my two biggest scum reads so far and 3rd place isn't even close, because you'd have to play a MAJOR 6 degrees of separation to get there, involving people like you playing the LONG GAME with your ability (when others could have hammered you), PR intentionally going after scum as scum and saving civ BCB to play the SUPER LONG game, knowing that he was looking at getting lynched the next day for doing such a thing...it just doesn't add up past those two IMO.

The mafia made it a point of emphasis to take out the rackcs (the watcher) on N2, and when that failed due to Tk3's target swap, used one of their other members to lock down Tk3 to make damn sure they took rackcs out on N3.

It's now D9, but no attempts have been made on Rags? Why not? Yes, he's returned nothing at all, but you have to think the mafia would be worried about the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" scenario.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd imagine it's because he knew that he could "track" people who didn't have moves OR use their moves. Notice he sent out about BCB who DIDN'T use the loverizer/haterizer +/- AND the same about Woz's wraith ability, to go on top of his previous 0-5 streak.

It's gotta be DANGER and then Rags. 

Danger was suspect yesterday and he BIT HARD on my bait that I laid for +1ing Woz today.

You didn't bait anyone. This late in the game you pretty much ensure victory for the town if you just +1 someone you believe to be town, but instead you use it on Woz? 

Hell if I recall all of your +1's so far have been on people who are confirmed town from now being dead or people who are pretty obviously town. Putting your vote on Woz is counter productive. You just saw an opportunity and are trying to run with it since you know that one more mislynch and you win.

But what about the N7 save? touch died the following day.

There's only four realistic possibilities:

1. Rags wasn't targeted on any day because he wasn't the priority of the mafia. Why not? He can identify them with his powers and they took out the other ID character early.
  2. Rags wasn't targeted on any day because the mafia didn't fear him. Why not? His track record had to improve at some point, right?
  3. Rags was targeted on a N7 but the mafia switched to touch on N8. Why?
  4. Rags is mafia.

EDITED for grammar and clarity

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 3:14 AM, Whicker said:

1. MWil23 - Zenyatta
9. bcb1213 - Moira
12. Pickle Rick - Mercy
15. Ragnarok - Hanzo
18. AFlaccoSeagulls - Zarya
19. Danger - Reinhardt
21. DingoLadd Woz - Mei

Town:
Flacco

Town Lean:
Woz

Uncertain:
Rick
bcb

Scum lean:
Ragnarok
MWil

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Well, there's two scum left.  So, I was going to check one of Woz or Danger.  I chose to track Woz because I doubted that danger, being #2 behind squire, would have carried out the scum hit.  The 6th member would have done it.  

Or, you decided to check BCB and Woz since you knew that Whicker would say whether or not they used their ability immediately following his post night writeup, giving you the opportunity for an "out" when they obviously didn't do anything.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Danger was your number 2 behind squire? 

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

The mafia made it a point of emphasis to take out the rackcs (the watcher) on N2, and when that failed due to Tk3's target swap, used one of their other members to lock down Tk3 to make damn sure they took rackcs out on N3.

It's now D9, but no attempts have been made on Rags? Why not? Yes, he's returned nothing at all, but you have to think the mafia would be worried about the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" scenario.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

But what about the N7 save? touch died the following day.

There's only four realistic possibilities:

1. Rags wasn't targeted on either day because he wasn't the priority of the mafia.
  2. Rags wasn't targeted on either day because the mafia didn't fear him (even though he has the best chance of identifying them).
  3. Rags was targeted on a N7 but the mafia switched to touch on N8. Why?
  4. Rags is mafia.

I agree on all accounts, especially the first post there. Mafia made it clear they were targeting power roles or roles that could expose them early on in the game but have not tried once to hit Rags. It's just too fishy and too many coincidences / conveniences at this point for him NOT to be mafia.

Rags

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

You didn't bait anyone.

I absolutely baited you. Even @Woz could see that immediately after the fact, changing his vote from me, to an unvote, to Rags.

This late in the game you pretty much ensure victory for the town if you just +1 someone you believe to be town,

You mean someone believed to be scum? Uh oh! You're slipping already!

but instead you use it on Woz? 

Absolutely! I've been consistently voting opposite of my Zenyatta power ALMOST every single night (go back and look, Woz will back me I'm sure). That's why I frustrated @bcb1213, Touch, Pickle, and a host of others, because I'm not using it to double up, I'm using it to get reads and see who is willing to jump on. I even admitted to using Woz as bait the other night.

Hell if I recall all of your +1's so far have been on people who are confirmed town from now being dead or people who are pretty obviously town.

For the most part, absolutely. See above.

Putting your vote on Woz is counter productive. You just saw an opportunity and are trying to run with it since you know that one more mislynch and you win.

Nope. I'm going to use it tonight on Rags or you, whichever is left...assuming I'm even around tomorrow. Unfortunately for you, since I've been spastic town and no one has understood what I've been doing with my +1 the entire game until now, you've made the mistake of leaving me around, and now it's totally advantage TOWN.