OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I really wish they would get him into the front office. Stuff like this already gives him even more credibility with players.

I think he enjoys the TV work more.  I wish they'd get him here along side Donovan. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I really wish they would get him into the front office. Stuff like this already gives him even more credibility with players.

He absolutely slays Grossi 😂 

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

I think he enjoys the TV work more.  I wish they'd get him here along side Donovan. 

It’s much less work tbh.  The NFL is a 24/7 gig, long hours, etc.  I’m guessing the media side of things, especially when he’s able to pick and choose his gigs is probably more in line with a traditional 40 hour week that allows him more time with his family.

Still have no clue why guys with generational wealth would choose to work, but that’s a whole other discussion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Still have no clue why guys with generational wealth would choose to work, but that’s a whole other discussion.

At such a young age, you have to do something.  I was out of work due to medical issues for almost 2 years.  I was going to lose my mind if I didn't find some type of work to do.  

This is probably something he gets a lot of joy out of.  So it is less about the money(though I am sure they pay him well), and more about continuing to be a part of something that he loves.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

At such a young age, you have to do something.  I was out of work due to medical issues for almost 2 years.  I was going to lose my mind if I didn't find some type of work to do.  

Hike, fish, hunt, travel the work, take up whittling, restore a classic car, learn to cook.... 

I feel pretty certain with his budget I could fill my day quite easily.

3 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

This is probably something he gets a lot of joy out of.  So it is less about the money(though I am sure they pay him well), and more about continuing to be a part of something that he loves.  

I’d imagine so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hike, fish, hunt, travel the work, take up whittling, restore a classic car, learn to cook.... 

I feel pretty certain with his budget I could fill my day quite easily.

You think he isn't hiking, fishing, hunting,  and traveling with his family?  He gets to do all that AND still be engaged in the thing he ostensibly loves most outside of his family.

https://www.cleveland.com/outdoors/2018/03/retirement_a_real_game_changer.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomahawk said:

You think he isn't hiking, fishing, hunting,  and traveling with his family?  He gets to do all that AND still be engaged in the thing he ostensibly loves most outside of his family.

https://www.cleveland.com/outdoors/2018/03/retirement_a_real_game_changer.html

Maybe I just don’t love my job and I’m projecting 😂 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

When does actual training camp begin?

Yesterday was the official start of Mandatory mini camp.  

July 25th I believe is the official start of training camp for rookies, and July 28th for veterans.    In so far as I am aware, the schedule hasn't been released yet for what is open to public and such.  

Here is last year's schedule open to the public:

Brown Practice Facility

76 Lou Groza Boulevard, Berea, OH 44017

DATES

Thursday, July 26 2:35-5:30 p.m.

Friday, July 27 3-5:55 p.m.

Saturday, July 28 2:35-5:30 p.m.

Sunday, July 29 3-5:55 p.m.

Monday, July 30 2:35-5:30 p.m. 

Wednesday, Aug. 1 3-5:55 p.m. 

Thursday, Aug. 2 3-5:55 p.m. 

Friday, Aug. 3 4-5:30 p.m. 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 12 3-5:55 p.m.

Monday, Aug. 13 3-5:55 p.m.

Tuesday, Aug. 14 3-5:55 p.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 15 2:35-5:30 p.m

Edited by Tomahawk
Adding info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

I don’t know how good he would be calling games tho. I think he enjoys it too but he would be great in the FO. Teach him Dorsey!!

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know how good he would be calling games tho. I think he enjoys it too but he would be great in the FO. Teach him Dorsey!!

That would eat up all of his  hunting, fishing, hiking, and family time lol   He ain't interested.  Maybe when his kids are older.