OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

38 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It doesn't show it on that video but that first pass that was picked off Smith grabbed Callaway to gain position and take Callaway out of position. Should have been a penalty it was pretty obvious and he was being grabbed by the jersey as soon as the play started until the last tug to allow him to get in front of him. I think we'll get those calls this year, they seem to help out the good teams.

I agree with you. That clip has me REALLY excited about Callaway. Baltimore had an awful time trying to cover him. I mean they had a rough time covering Njoku, Landry, and Higgins, but they weren’t even close on Callaway.

Now swap Perriman for OBJ and we win that game.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He looks like a guy who is wearing free gear

yeah its free gear but he gets a **** ton of free gear. So it should say something when he picks the browns free gear over the other stuff 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah its free gear but he gets a **** ton of free gear. So it should say something when he picks the browns free gear over the other stuff 

Yeah but there probably is a photo like that from everyone who has given him free gear being marketed by whoever gave it to him.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d rarely have Calloway and OBJ lined up on the same side.  I’d want them on opposite sides so either of them is 1:1 with no help over the top or Njoku has a wide open seam.

Defenses aren’t gonna have the personnel to match up with these guys...

why? They can create massive spacing issues for a defense. Either guy can run by you running a streak, fly, fade, corner or post or destroy with YAC after running a slant, flat,  curl. hook, drag. If you run the right route combos with those two, it might be nearly impossible to defend them. 

Hell a fun concept might be running 11 trips. You have OBJ, Callaway/Higgins, and Juice playing the trips and you have Njoku backside. You force a one on one with Njokue with a 3rd or 4th DB or a LB. Force the safety help to play over trips. Now that be a huge mismatch and Baker can place the ball anywhere  for Njoku to go up and grab

if done right, the Browns should be able to dictate a lot of defenses Defenses will have to pick their poison with this offense. Our 3rd and 4th WRs are going to be better than a lot of 3rd and 4th DBs. Causing a lot of issues about how DCs are going to use their safeties.  

I would rather have two route architects on the same side in Odell and Landry.  Those dudes would work and communicate the best together. Odell would open things up plenty enough for Jarvis underneath or through general route running. Callaway will stretch the field enough on the other side, he doesn’t need paired with OBJ. Sometimes it takes two good route runners to open things up for one guy. I trust our LSU Tigers to do that. I don’t think stretching the field will be an issue with Njoku at tight end either. So many options.

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yeah but there probably is a photo like that from everyone who has given him free gear being marketed by whoever gave it to him.

true but you look at his instagram photos, first couple picture he is sporting browns clothes or a Browns hat. He is usually repping his workout gear like UA or Reebok or Hunting stuff/Broken Skul ranch stuff. Just went back through all his photos. He doesnt rep anything to do with other sports teams. I want to see SCSA is a Oklahoma fan and is a big Baker fan, so now turns into him being a Browns fan. Not a lot of marketing kind of stuff. Also if it was a marketing ploy, he prolly wait until it gets closer to Aug 12th to market the Browns and Baker because that is when his tv episode with Baker is planned to be aired

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I would rather have two route architects on the same side in Odell and Landry.  Those dudes would work and communicate the best together. Odell would open things up plenty enough for Jarvis underneath or through general route running. Callaway will stretch the field enough on the other side, he doesn’t need paired with OBJ. Sometimes it takes two good route runners to open things up for one guy. I trust our LSU Tigers to do that. I don’t think stretching the field will be an issue with Njoku at tight end either. So many options.

its not about having two route architects on one side. You just need good route combinations and not being lazy route runners. 

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ok. 

Just saying, great route combo, can get players open. We all saw how how route combos that are awful can cripple an offense. Look at Hues first two years. He couldn’t scheme anyone open. 

Now the browns have amazing talent at the position group. You scheme it just right and they should be extremely dangerous. I think that’s why people were excited before OBJ even got here. The browns had good talent and an offense that can get them open and a QB who can make the pass. Now you add OBJ to the mix and now it’s going to be lethal. 

Monken and Freddie can do a lot of crazy things. Also reports say OBJ is going to learn all the WR positions so he can be played all over the field

10 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Monken put up big numbers with TB’s personnel.

He’s gonna put up video game numbers with our personnel.

Straight up.  This team is goin off madden style.  3 1000 yard receivers.- maybe 4.

Rashard Higgins stepping up on 3rd down time and time again last year was one of the highlights of last season for me. As long as he’s in a consistent rotation with our other 3 studs, I’ll be happy. 

He will never be a 1000 yard guy, but he can be a Joe Jurevicius type.

Archived