2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Horford would be a good pickup for the Pelicans. They got a good return for Davis and will be getting Zion. I think they'll be a playoff team next year. 

They'll need to sign some really good players to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's funny to me that we keep hearing rumors that the Lakers want Kyrie and Kemba...but they won't have even close to max cap space if the Pelicans don't agree to wait until the 30th.

As someone's whose unbiased, what do you the likelihood of Pelinka/Griffin not have some sort of agreement about the timing of the trade?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who needs the cap space more, the Lakers or Pelicans?

Why would the Pelicans care or do the Lakers any favors? If the Lakers want the date moved back, I can guarantee Griffin will want them to sweeten the pot which would be L-O-L funny and highlight Pelinkas incompetence. 

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

As someone's whose unbiased, what do you the likelihood of Pelinka/Griffin not have some sort of agreement about the timing of the trade?

Didn't David Griffin get the Timberwolves to agree to this when they swung the Wiggins/Love trade?  

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who needs the cap space more, the Lakers or Pelicans?

Who needs the deal to happen more?

Also, if they had a deal in place why are the Pellies shopping the 4th pick? Cause from what I read whoever has the 4th pick makes the decision.

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based on Pelinka's tenure actually pretty likely that they wouldn't tbh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why would the Pelicans care or do the Lakers any favors? If the Lakers want the date moved back, I can guarantee Griffin will want them to sweeten the pot which would be L-O-L funny and highlight Pelinkas incompetence. 

It's not about doing any favors.  If you think Pelinka and Griffin didn't discuss this, you're even more naive than I thought.  And there's really not much more the Lakers can add other than some SRPs.  But keep pedaling the BS that BSPN put out there.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who needs the deal to happen more?

Also, if they had a deal in place why are the Pellies shopping the 4th pick? Cause from what I read whoever has the 4th pick makes the decision.

They both do.  Neither side benefits from this trade falling apart.  It's a verbal agreement, which means they're trusting that the other side doesn't renege on the deal.  New Orleans isn't getting a package like they got from the Lakers from anyone else, and the Lakers need Anthony Davis.  This notion that one side or the other doesn't need this deal is a joke.