2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

1523465336072-Screen-Shot-2018-04-11-at-

@CWood21 trying to explain how the Lakers are actually the best-run franchise in the league, Rob P had Kawhi in his sights pre-AD trade, and how the national media has a vendetta to plant false information out there in order to hurt the organization. 

I don’t know why y’all engage him anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 is delusional there's no point in even going back and forth with him. I just can't wait to report back in a week when the Lakers miss on Kyrie and Kawhi and end up with Rondo and KCP. 

But who cares if they miss out on Kawhi and Kyrie?  I've said, missing out on anyone but Kawhi is actually good because the Lakers need to add depth to their team.  I don't really like Kyrie's fit with LeBron and Davis.  I liked it a lot more before Davis was in the picture.  The Lakers are in a great spot regardless of what happens with Kawhi.

As far as LeBron's play going downhill.... I think that'll happen eventually.  But as far as next season goes, I think he re-claims his throne as the best player in basketball (granted, Kevin Durant is out so that'll be much easier to do) and continues to be elite.  He does have a lot of mileage on his body, but he takes care of himself so well and 34 isn't all that old.  It's not like the guy is 40 or something.  Jordan was still elite at that age.  I know LeBron has more mileage on his body at the same age, but I think he'll be fine.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, using D'Angelo Russell to clear max cap space to sign LeBron James, taking the risk of dealing Jordan Clarkson and LNJ to the Cavaliers to open up a 2nd max contract space, signing LeBron James as a FA, and then swinging a deal for Anthony Davis.  Yup.  That's an awful GM to have.

The risk of dealing Jordan Clarkson? What?

That deal for Davis isn't even being executed properly for them and the Lakers are in a panic trying to get it done right.

What about his other free agent signings? Waiving and stretching Deng?

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That's the point of the site. He's a little bit of a homer, so what. He's not rude or disrespectful. 

Fair point, but some of the stuff is beyond ludicrous. The idea that ESPN is out to get the LAL front office is absurd.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, showtime said:

As far as LeBron's play going downhill.... I think that'll happen eventually.  But as far as next season goes, I think he re-claims his throne as the best player in basketball (granted, Kevin Durant is out so that'll be much easier to do) and continues to be elite.  He does have a lot of mileage on his body, but he takes care of himself so well and 34 isn't all that old.  It's not like the guy is 40 or something.  Jordan was still elite at that age.  I know LeBron has more mileage on his body at the same age, but I think he'll be fine.

34 but he’s played 15 regular seasons and an additional 239 playoff games, which is the equivalent of another 3 seasons. So in total he has like 18 seasons of NBA basketball on his body and that doesn’t even include USA basketball etc. 

Just now, Dr.O said:

Y’all think the nets pull the Kyrie/KD thing off? Would hurt DLo has been nothing but great for us on and off the court but if it happens I understand it.

I dont think Kyrie ends up on the Nets, I feel like there has been too much fire on this one

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

34 but he’s played 15 regular seasons and an additional 239 playoff games, which is the equivalent of another 3 seasons. So in total he has like 18 seasons of NBA basketball on his body and that doesn’t even include USA basketball etc. 

35.5 when the playoffs roll around.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 trying to explain how the Lakers are actually the best-run franchise in the league, Rob P had Kawhi in his sights pre-AD trade, and how the national media has a vendetta to plant false information out there in order to hurt the organization. 

Wrong.  I don't think the Lakers are the best run franchise, but I also don't subscribe to the theory that they're the worst run franchise either.  I do think Rob Pelinka has had his eyes on creating a max FA contract slot even with an Anthony Davis trade.  And I don't think the national media is out to get the Lakers.  I do think it's abundantly clear that NOBODY has a really good in with the Lakers.  It was Ramona, but it appears she's on the outside looking in on this one.