2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The context being different is pretty irrelevant since it becomes pretty much the same thing and LeBron has always tried to stack his teams. Durant and Warriors just did it better but he doesn't care about competition. When he formed the big 3 in Miami, he really thought they would be the dominant force the Warriors were the last three years. 

They were.

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

They were.

They weren't. Dubs were going to three peat easily without the injuries. The Heat weren't Warriors type dominant. They also got SMASHED by the Spurs and choked vs the Mavs. Not compatible to GS. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@seminoles1 if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, are you going to have similar feelings to Durant's tenure in GS? 

Why would anyone care if a free agent player signs with a good team? Puzzling and illogical point of view. 

Players and teams want to win. 

32 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Idk who specifically I only said that if Kawhi signs with the Lakers they probably have to move Kuzma to see what they can get. Value for him must be pretty high if he was consistently withheld from real trade talks to get Anthony Davis.

Kuzma doesn’t have a lot of value. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I was with you until the end. You should clarify because as it stands it sounds really stupid.

LeBron didn't make the playoffs last season and neither did Davis. Davis made the playoffs once early in his career and the only other time he made the playoffs he had two other All-Star caliber players on his team and very solid role players too. The Lakers had to make another move for a superstar because without another All-Star they won 37 games last season... How does that sound really stupid? It's fact. If either of those guys go down, how could anyone be confident they're even a playoff team?

LeBron or AD surrounded by veterans on minimum deals isn't enough to win in the Western Conference. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron didn't make the playoffs last season and neither did Davis. Davis made the playoffs once early in his career and the only other time he made the playoffs he had two other All-Star caliber players on his team and very solid role players too. The Lakers had to make another move for a superstar because without another All-Star they won 37 games last season... How does that sound really stupid? It's fact. If either of those guys go down, how could anyone be confident they're even a playoff team?

LeBron or AD surrounded by veterans on minimum deals isn't enough to win in the Western Conference. 

Specifically the implied portion that said LeBron has proven he can't lead a team anywhere without all stars surrounding him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Specifically the implied portion that said LeBron has proven he can't lead a team anywhere without all stars surrounding him.

I said he has proven that he can't lead a team to the playoffs in the Western Conference without All-Stars around him... Did the Lakers make the playoffs last year? Davis only made the playoffs with Jrue + Cousins on his team. When both of those guys had so-so supporting casts around them last year they won 37 & 33 games respectively. Incredible. Proving my point that those guys with meh supporting casts around them aren't good enough to carry a team in the West. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I said he has proven that he can't lead a team to the playoffs in the Western Conference without All-Stars around him... Did the Lakers make the playoffs last year? Davis only made the playoffs with Jrue + Cousins on his team. When both of those guys had so-so supporting casts around them last year they won 37 & 33 games respectively. Incredible. Proving my point that those guys with meh supporting casts around them aren't good enough to carry a team in the West. 

That's not what said. You said:

"LeBron and AD both showed they're incapable of leading a team there without multiple All-Star players around them. "

That's why I asked for clarification. You're using the term proven too loosely but whatever. You're not saying what I thought you were saying which is why I asked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

That's not what said. You said:

"LeBron and AD both showed they're incapable of leading a team there without multiple All-Star players around them. "

That's why I asked for clarification. You're using the term proven too loosely but whatever. You're not saying what I thought you were saying which is why I asked.

Well, now you have clarification. For @showtime to say that the Lakers are the only team that matters in the West and that they're by far the best team in the conference is a joke. There's a high probability that Davis and/or LeBron will miss significant time next season and if one goes down they're going to be in big trouble. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Well, now you have clarification. For @showtime to say that the Lakers are the only team that matters in the West and that they're by far the best team in the conference is a joke. There's a high probability that Davis and/or LeBron will miss significant time next season and if one goes down they're going to be in big trouble. 

I said I was with you until that last part. Now that you've clarified I don't disagree with much of what you said. LeBron does have a winning record in the West though.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I said I was with you until that last part. Now that you've clarified I don't disagree with much of what you said. LeBron does have a winning record in the West though.

They were 28-27 (.509) when he played last season, assuming that would've held over the course of the entire season they would've finished 42-40, good enough for the 9th seed in the West instead of 10th...