2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  I said it was possible, but that it wasn't likely.  I said the MORE likely scenario was that the Pelicans and Lakers had an agreement that the deal could be expanded BEYOND the initial trade.  The Pelicans expanded it by including the Hawks as part of the Draft Day trade.  The Lakers expanded it with the Wiz to dump more salary.

lol, the lakers don't need the pellies help to expand the trade

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean Rich Paul is a separate entity isn’t he? 

He's a clown because he's the FIRST agent who has gotten his star player to their preferred destination in the last few years.  Yep, that sounds like a clown.  Never change Mookie.

Just now, dante9876 said:

I'm confused why wizards did this. Take on that for a 2nd rounder. Lakers was desperate. I think wiz could had got more. 

I mean they pretty much got those players for nothing. For a team like that, not bad to get those three players plus a 2nd rounder for just cash considerations? 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I'm confused why wizards did this. Take on that for a 2nd rounder. Lakers was desperate. I think wiz could had got more. 

They're free young players.  Best case scenario, you get a couple of high quality young players.  Worst case scenario, you're tying up minimal money for the next year.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's not help lol.

why do they need an agreement then? 

the first argument was the pellies and lakers obvi had a deal for to be done on the 30th. then when that was obviously not true, other ways of them getting came about. nobody was talking about trading the players until after the draft when it was obvi that the deal was gonna take place on the 6th.

• Like 2

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

why do they need an agreement then? 

the first argument was the pellies and lakers obvi had a deal for to be done on the 30th. then when that was obviously not true, other ways of them getting came about. nobody was talking about trading the players until after the draft when it was obvi that the deal was gonna take place on the 6th.

Because you can't have a multi-team trade unless all the parties agree.  There's a "touch rule" that in multi-team trades you have to touch at least two other teams' assets.  Right now, the Lakers aren't touching anything from the Hawks in a multi-team trade with the Hawks and Pelicans, so right now that would fail the trade rules.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, Leader said:

If the guy's stupid enough to believe this: "Or maybe he (Paul George) realized that the Lakers are one of the worst run franchises in the league and he'd have a better shot at winning in OKC?"  I'm glad he stayed in no man's land.

That no mans land actually made the playoffs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because you can't have a multi-team trade unless all the parties agree

doesn't change the fact that the whole discussion from you pre-draft was that the pellies and lakers obviously had a deal for it to happen on the 30th

so I would like an apology from you cause I was obviously right there

Remember the summer league, Pellies trading the 4th pick, Lakers need the space more discussion 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You don't force a trade to your preferred team and then hang up on $4M and kill the deal.  And it's been reported a couple of times that he'd waive the deal if a max player was coming with him.  Someone's coming.

So then it must not be Kawhi because if he was coming why would he take meetings with 5 other teams?