2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

I think I may have to give Pelinka (some) props by the end of the summer....I think the jokes and assumptions that they didn't have a good handle on the financial aspects of the trade are completely warranted based on the fact that the trade got essentially edited 2 weeks later. But they got it done and that's what matters. I don't think it's great management to essentially dump 3 players you can use for space but it is what it is. 

I obviously have my doubts on if they can smartly fill out a roster based on their previous moves, but if they get a 3rd star it will be a success for them. If they get Kawhi that would be an absurd team as long as they can have those dudes healthy in the playoffs. Obviously holding out hope that doesn't happen. If it's a second tier star I don't think it's a lock they can come out of the west. We'll see

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

precisely

there's a huge amount of risk having 4 non-minimum contract level players on your roster, though. it would be fascinating to see how it plays out. 

I actually think the Kawhi/AD/LeBron fit is a bit weird but obviously that team would be unreal in a playoff setting. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

there's a huge amount of risk having 4 non-minimum contract level players on your roster, though. it would be fascinating to see how it plays out. 

I actually think the Kawhi/AD/LeBron fit is a bit weird but obviously that team would be unreal in a playoff setting. 

Probably have to move Kuzma tbh if they sign Kawhi.

The Lakers are going to be the best team in the west next season.  Not sure where they finish in the standings, but they're the best if they're healthy.  The Warriors will still be tough and will be the second best team in the playoffs in the west next season.  Everyone else in the conference doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Probably have to move Kuzma tbh if they sign Kawhi.

Why?

It depends on his value, but I don't think he'd bring back someone who would help any more than he does.

Edited by seminoles1

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Lakers are going to be the best team in the west next season.  Not sure where they finish in the standings, but they're the best if they're healthy.  The Warriors will still be tough and will be the second best team in the playoffs in the west next season.  Everyone else in the conference doesn't matter.

Make the playoffs first buddy, Lakers fans are legit the worst of any team in professional sports. LeBron will be 35.5 with 19 seasons of NBA basketball on his body with the playoffs roll around and AD has missed 108 games in 7 seasons in the league. If either of those guys get hurt the Lakers probably won't even make the playoffs as LeBron and AD both showed they're incapable of leading a team there without multiple All-Star players around them.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Why?

Because of the aforementioned risk. You can move Kuzma for more depth. Also the fit that was discussed about Kawhi and LeBron being a little odd, add to it Kuzma and his skill set and you wonder if the Lakers may try to get some other players that aren't redundant.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

I guess he's considering them because he's taking a meeting with them.

If anything it makes sense Kawhi's team put it out publicly he's considering the LAL. If he moves to the Clippers, its probably better for his sneaker sales that he doesnt outright diss the LAL supporters / purchasers.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I think I may have to give Pelinka (some) props by the end of the summer....I think the jokes and assumptions that they didn't have a good handle on the financial aspects of the trade are completely warranted based on the fact that the trade got essentially edited 2 weeks later. But they got it done and that's what matters. I don't think it's great management to essentially dump 3 players you can use for space but it is what it is. 

I obviously have my doubts on if they can smartly fill out a roster based on their previous moves, but if they get a 3rd star it will be a success for them. If they get Kawhi that would be an absurd team as long as they can have those dudes healthy in the playoffs. Obviously holding out hope that doesn't happen. If it's a second tier star I don't think it's a lock they can come out of the west. We'll see

Yeah they’ll win so who cares. Safe to say if Pelinka was the GM of like the Suns though, he’d be fired after year two. I feel like being the GM of the Lakers is cake lol. Sit there, get cap space, let guys come to you.