2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Chris Broussard: Lakers are still big frontrunners for Kawhi, but I’m told no decision has been made yet. "I'm told Kawhi has not made any decision yet. Maybe Jerry West and Doc Rivers wowed him last night, maybe they're mulling over a 1-year deal with the Raptors."

All of the pro-Lakers media is reporting that he's coming there but what's taking him so long to decide if he has already made up his mind? 

Adrian Wojnarowski‏: So the Clippers get a future first-round pick to take on Harkless, who is another starting level forward with significant playoff experience to surround -- potentially --- Kawhi Leonard.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like how do you even get to the number 95%? What the hell is that? 

He panicked felt it was gonna happen and wanted credit but also realized that it may not so he had to hedge but by hedge so little he would still be basically right if he did and if it didn’t people would forget about it by tomorrow anyways. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like how do you even get to the number 95%? What the hell is that? 

It's fairly easy: minus a scientific method to achieve the number, he picked one based on what he was hearing.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Again yesterday was filled with smoke any average fan or person without real sources based on all the scuttlebutt felt it could happen. 

Everyone's just following the trend and praying they look like the smartest guy in the room if they get it right. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Everyone's just following the trend and praying they look like the smartest guy in the room if they get it right. 

Basically yea. If Kawhi did sign yesterday he’d be the first to say well you heard it here first. Give me credit. Like when LeBron went to Cleveland and it was announced through SI article. Then they went to Brou and he was like I can officially confirm LeBron has signed with Cleveland after the article had been up for 20 mins and everyone already read it or knew. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I dont even think its that. That implies nefarious and/or dubious intent that I dont think exists.

None of these people are part of the decision making process. None of them are influencing anything other than (possibly) public opinion.

We're talking about people who are IN DEMAND to be on the airwaves and PAID to produce commentary and/or opinion.
It wouldnt be too compelling if they came on to say: "Nobody knows whats going on so having me on is a waste of time"

Archived