2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I can’t hear you with my 13 Stanley cup rings in my ears. 

But yea the hockey first (and only) puckhead crowd can be a bit much. 

The Leafs and fans are rather similar to the Knicks and Knick fans in terms of entitlement and lack of actual winning the past 5 decades with long stretches of being a complete mess dumpster fire but the leafs appear to be on the right track as of now while Knicks are still a mess that’s the only difference Leafs sliver of hope is alive while the Knicks died on Sunday. 

I am a Sabres fan lol

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

If Kyrie can’t lead the nets past being a 6th seed, will he get trashed in the media this next season?

I think Kyrie gets a lot of unwarranted hate at times, but there really is no excuse for the Nets not making the playoffs next year.

The team is already legit without KD:

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Temple
Harris/Prince
Kurucs/(Dudley ?)
Allen/Jordan

No excuse with egos or a lack of an Alpha, this is 100% Kyrie's team (until KD returns).

Only locks for the playoffs at the moment are the Bucks and Sixers. Then you have a handful of teams that should make the playoffs, but still have some question marks due to a combination of free agency and/or major injuries: Celtics, Raptors, Pacers and Magic. So, let's say all 6 of those teams make it. Nets just have to nab one of those last 2 spots. Given the remaining competition in the East, that doesn't seem like too hard a task.

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He should return to the Warriors. He'll have a much bigger role for a good team and can earn a solid deal with a good year. 

He can only get a vet minimum from GS. He might not currently have a market, but he'll still get offers at least 5x better than that once Kawhi chooses.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

not a lot of depth but could be dangerous if Klay gets back in March.

Eh, I don't know about dangerous. So many teams look infinitely better right now. Assuming they keep him before the start of the season, biggest question mark will be how Russell meshes with Curry and the rest of the team. Barring chemistry issues, Curry and Draymond should be able to do enough to keep this team in playoff contention, but how far they can go really comes down to how soon Klay can return and how they fill out their bench.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He can only get a vet minimum from GS. He might not currently have a market, but he'll still get offers at least 5x better than that once Kawhi chooses.

Yeah, there's still a market for talented big men, as shown by some of the recent deals. However, I think Cousins is looking for a long term contract and teams want him to prove himself over the course of a full season before committing to him long term. Ultimately I think he will get paid in the double digits, but it will once again be on a short term prove it type contract.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, I don't know about dangerous. So many teams look infinitely better right now. Assuming they keep him before the start of the season, biggest question mark will be how Russell meshes with Curry and the rest of the team. Barring chemistry issues, Curry and Draymond should be able to do enough to keep this team in playoff contention, but how far they can go really comes down to how soon Klay can return and how they fill out their bench.

isn't that what I said? They will be good if Klay returns to form.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Thompson is expected to make a full recovery. There's no timetable on a return, but his agent Greg Lawrence has said that Thompson is expected to follow a standard recovery time of 5-to-7 months. Thompson recently agreed to a new 5-year, $190M contract with Golden State.

Just now, SBLIII said:

Yes, but I'm saying just as important as Klay returning will be how they fill out their bench in the rest of free agency. Right now (assuming Alfonzo McKinnie starts) their bench consists of 34 year old Shaun Livingston, Jacob Evans, Damion Jones and their no-name late round draft picks from this year. That is simply not going to cut it.

Just now, Leader said:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Thompson is expected to make a full recovery. There's no timetable on a return, but his agent Greg Lawrence has said that Thompson is expected to follow a standard recovery time of 5-to-7 months. Thompson recently agreed to a new 5-year, $190M contract with Golden State.

Could put him on a January time line

Archived