2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

The Lakers are a good look if you are an on the way to be a billionaire media mogul who also plays basketball.

• You have to care 50%+ about other things and less than 50% about Basketball to join that joke of a franchise.
    • Hint: If you have a TV show, a BSPN web show, and are making a movie... Basketball is no longer #1 for you... THE BRAND is.
  • Where Bronny played was also a factor I am sure.
  • Of course he could care 60/40 or 70/30 about Basketball but he is very distracted with his mogul lifestyle

AD joined because he likes LeBron and wanted to be in Space Jam and wanted out of New Orleans.

• He literally wore a note perfect 'That's All Folks' t-shirt for the last game.

Klay's dad was a champion Laker who is on an LA Sports Radio station now and Klay did not go to the Lakers.

• If anyone is going to feel that Lakers mystique, it would be him, right?
    • They could use the best 3-and D player on the planet alongside AD and LeBron, right?

None of this makes LeBron a bad guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

• A healthy LeBron caring 49.9% about basketball is still a top 10 player (we can guess on the decline rate over the next 3 years)
    • I suggest looking at the 538 CARMELLO page for historical fades.

We who disagree with the Lakers Manifest Destiny are not haters. We are just telling you what the trend has been the last 6-10 years.

• We are also projecting a team with a really awful front office and the worst new talent pipeline over the next 7 years to not be trendy among most NBA players
  • Pretending a team that is a mirror image of the Dolan Knicks (including 1 clown car year with LeBron) is a hot destination is goofy

Look at all the really good players joining other teams for mid level or minimum.

• The Lakers got Dudley and Daniels.
    • Both guys may help them but is anyone really going to tell me those 2 are the cream of the free agent bargain crop?
      • Dudley was a pretty good player about 8-10 years ago
        • He also had a decent season 4 years ago
        • I am not a Dudley expert, just going off BPM
      • Daniels is a 3s and nothing else guy.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Lakers are a good look if you are an on the way to be a billionaire media mogul who also plays basketball.

• You have to care 50%+ about other things and less than 50% about Basketball to join that joke of a franchise.
    • Hint: If you have a TV show, a BSPN web show, and are making a movie... Basketball is no longer #1 for you... THE BRAND is.
  • Where Bronny played was also a factor I am sure.
  • Of course he could care 60/40 or 70/30 about Basketball but he is very distracted with his mogul lifestyle

AD joined because he likes LeBron and wanted to be in Space Jam and wanted out of New Orleans.

• He literally wore a note perfect 'That's All Folks' t-shirt for the last game.

Klay's dad was a champion Laker who is on an LA Sports Radio station now and Klay did not go to the Lakers.

• If anyone is going to feel that Lakers mystique, it would be him, right?
    • They could use the best 3-and D player on the planet alongside AD and LeBron, right?

None of this makes LeBron a bad guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

• A healthy LeBron caring 49.9% about basketball is still a top 10 player (we can guess on the decline rate over the next 3 years)
    • I suggest looking at the 538 CARMELLO page for historical fades.

We who disagree with the Lakers Manifest Destiny are not haters. We are just telling you what the trend has been the last 6-10 years.

• We are also projecting a team with a really awful front office and the worst new talent pipeline over the next 7 years to not be trendy among most NBA players
  • Pretending a team that is a mirror image of the Dolan Knicks (including 1 clown car year with LeBron) is a hot destination is goofy

Look at all the really good players joining other teams for mid level or minimum.

• The Lakers got Dudley and Daniels.
    • Both guys may help them but is anyone really going to tell me those 2 are the cream of the free agent bargain crop?
      • Dudley was a pretty good player about 8-10 years ago
        • He also had a decent season 4 years ago
        • I am not a Dudley expert, just going off BPM
      • Daniels is a 3s and nothing else guy.

I like a lot of the posts you make, but the formatting you make in posts is really really OCD inspiring.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I like a lot of the posts you make, but the formatting you make in posts is really really OCD inspiring.

I hate the spacing on all of these message boards using this very common template. Bullets let you get around that.

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Being patient doesn't create cap space for a max FA.  I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that concept.  No cap space for a max FA means no LeBron James.  No LeBron James means no Anthony Davis.  No LeBron James and Anthony Davis, and we aren't sitting here waiting on Kawhi Leonard's decision.

They already had cap space for a max free agent. They waived and stretched him to get a 2nd max slot...over a year before they needed to. It cost them cap space they could very much use right now.

At this point is there really even any pitch for Kawhi to the Clippers other than this sort of nebulous 'we've got smart guys in the front office'? It seemed like a big reason Kawhi to the Clippers felt inevitable for a year was that a.) the Lakers were a dumpster and b.) they were going to go into this summer with the ability to max 2 guys and give Kawhi a running mate - whether that was gonna be Butler, Durant, Harris or even Horford - but Kawhi sitting on his decision basically takes that away now unless the Clippers have a godfather offer for Beal or someone like that that they will pull the trigger for if Kawhi says yes. I know they're a hardworking fun spOoKy team with guys like Harrell, Shamet, and SGA but no one on that roster looks like the 2nd best player on a championship team in the way the Raptors or Lakers can offer. 

They can just run it back but given there are no good free agents for another 2 years I don't know how this can't be a massive failure on their part if they put all their eggs in the Kawhi basket and come away with nothing. 

13 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

At this point is there really even any pitch for Kawhi to the Clippers other than this sort of nebulous 'we've got smart guys in the front office'? It seemed like a big reason Kawhi to the Clippers felt inevitable for a year was that a.) the Lakers were a dumpster and b.) they were going to go into this summer with the ability to max 2 guys and give Kawhi a running mate - whether that was gonna be Butler, Durant, Harris or even Horford - but Kawhi sitting on his decision basically takes that away now unless the Clippers have a godfather offer for Beal or someone like that that they will pull the trigger for if Kawhi says yes. I know they're a hardworking fun spOoKy team with guys like Harrell, Shamet, and SGA but no one on that roster looks like the 2nd best player on a championship team in the way the Raptors or Lakers can offer. 

They can just run it back but given there are no good free agents for another 2 years I don't know how this can't be a massive failure on their part if they put all their eggs in the Kawhi basket and come away with nothing. 

Not everyone wants to play with lebron and his lebron centered offense 

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Mudiay playing minutes? I'd hold off on those predictions.

As a backup PG? He's fine. The main reason he came to Utah is because of our player development program. Turned a lot of meh players into very good ones. We'll see what happens but we needed another scorer off of the bench with our 2nd unit.

30 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Darius Miller back to the Pelicans. 2 years, $14 million.

Cousins has switched agents.

I read that his new agent is very connected to Pat Riley. Maybe he signs with Miami? That'd be a nice fit.

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

@NYRaider did Mudiay get better? 

Put up decent numbers in NY last season. We needed a scorer/creator with our 2nd unit and he fits that mold well. He'll be able to play off the ball a lot with Exum and Ingles. We cut Raul Neto and replaced him with Mudiay so how can I complain? 23 year old guard that averaged 15 ppg and just has to be an offensive spark plug for us off the bench? He's suited for that.

Archived