2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Going to be a mess again.

I've expressed concerns about this fit already.  I guess some pluses for the Lakers is that, Cousins will be extremely motivated because he's on a one year deal and he wants to get paid max money.  Also, LeBron is a leader here.  He had great leadership in GS and didn't hear much from him that was negative.  I'm assuming LeBron isn't going to put up with that, either.

Also, Cousins clearly wants to win a ring.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Why does Rob P hate shooters?

Not sure I understand this statement. Rondo shot 36% from deep last year, Danny Green shot over 45%. Cousins can actually shoot from outside and help space the floor, relative to most other big men. They have above average shooters like KCP (35%), Cook (40%), Daniels (career 40%), and Dudley (35%) off the bench. Not to mention this means Kuzma now moves to the bench to do what he does best, score. As much as people want to crap on Pelinka, this man has completely retooled this roster for the better after the crap Magic put around LeBron last season. 

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've expressed concerns about this fit already.  I guess some pluses for the Lakers is that, Cousins will be extremely motivated because he's on a one year deal and he wants to get paid max money.  Also, LeBron is a leader here.  He had great leadership in GS and didn't hear much from him that was negative.  I'm assuming LeBron isn't going to put up with that, either.

Also, Cousins clearly wants to win a ring.

Cousins is trash and basically unplayable in the playoffs because he gets murdered in pick-n-roll defense. He was motivated last year to get paid this summer and was terrible so what's the difference this year? There was literally no market for him because he's the Carmelo Anthony of centers and a terrible fit in the modern NBA.

Archived