2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi lived in Southern California for 20 years. 

Okayyyyyyyyyy.....and I hope he was happy for each and every one of those years. What thats got to do with AD is unclear - but its no matter. We'll see what AD does when he does it....starting with bringing another championship banner to Staples Center :)

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, just off YOUR reasoning, he can use the Knicks as leverage to getting a S&T with another team.

Stop trying to overthink this. Whatever options you think are available right now doesn't necessarily mean they will be the only options available the following season. 

Again, AD is likely to re-sign. Almost everyone believes that. But just don't use the reasoning of him requesting a trade to the Lakers as something that guarantees him re-signing after the season. 

And if the Lakers fear that Anthony Davis is seriously considering signing with the Knicks, then that leverage is created to make the possibility of a S&T.  But if the Lakers don't view Anthony Davis going to the Knicks is viable, that leverage goes away.  Given the state of the two franchises, I don't think that's going to happen.

The fact is there's only a finite amount of available cap space next offseason.  With the exception of the Knicks, most of them are small or medium market franchises who legitimately probably don't have the pull to entice Anthony Davis to walk away next offseason.  If you want to label it as a 1% chance that he walks away, sure go right ahead.  But he orchestrated a trade to the Lakers, got a trade to his preferred destination, AND waived his trade kicker.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Okayyyyyyyyyy.....and I hope he was happy for each and every one of those years. What thats got to do with AD is unclear - but its no matter. We'll see what AD does when he does it....starting with bringing another championship banner to Staples Center :)

The Lakers aren’t even the best team in their own City. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

And if the Lakers fear that Anthony Davis is seriously considering signing with the Knicks, then that leverage is created to make the possibility of a S&T.  But if the Lakers don't view Anthony Davis going to the Knicks is viable, that leverage goes away.  Given the state of the two franchises, I don't think that's going to happen.

The fact is there's only a finite amount of available cap space next offseason.  With the exception of the Knicks, most of them are small or medium market franchises who legitimately probably don't have the pull to entice Anthony Davis to walk away next offseason.  If you want to label it as a 1% chance that he walks away, sure go right ahead.  But he orchestrated a trade to the Lakers, got a trade to his preferred destination, AND waived his trade kicker.

We all know damn well that AD isn’t leaving the Lakers to be a Knick. The only way I could see him leaving is LeBron gets hurt and the opportunity to team up with another star(s) presents itself. But I’d also put a 1% chance on it happening considering he’s going to be the face of the franchise once LeBron hangs them up and they’ll have the cap flexibility to build a team around him.

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They want to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch. Adams is only 26 and still has some value. 

We'll see. It's not a lock they trade everyone. There is no reason for them to dump CP3 (if he's willing to play) or Adams if they have to give up value. Like it's been discussed - Adams at that # doesn't have a ton of value or great fits around the league. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We all know damn well that AD isn’t leaving the Lakers to be a Knick. The only way I could see him leaving is LeBron gets hurt and the opportunity to team up with another star(s) presents itself. But I’d also put a 1% chance on it happening considering he’s going to be the face of the franchise once LeBron hangs them up and they’ll have the cap flexibility to build a team around him.

Now you're finally making sense! :)

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm still scared of that bench outside of Joe Ingles and Ed Davis.

Our bench is beyond better than the Lakers bench. Especially with the addition of NWG and Howard, two of the best players in Europe last season. Exum will be back, Jeff Green is a solid bench player, and Mudiay is another spark plug off the bench. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The only way Anthony Davis leaves the Lakers is if there is another Kobe/Dwight situation.  And given the fact that Anthony Davis doesn't have the maturity level of a 12 year old, I think it's pretty safe to say that isn't happening.