The Batman

Acgott

8 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

To be succinct; Awesome

The final scene in Arkham didn’t need to happen, and people will bash it for trying too hard, but it in now way hurts the film either. If it was an MCU movie that would have been a post credit scene and no one would bat an eye. 

Spot on with everything. 

Spoiler

as for the Arkham scene, I really thought we were getting a glimpse of that character in the final battle scene when one of the acolytes shoots Batman point blank while he was dangling and holding onto the rail  while the area below filled up.  Almost the origin story in reverse, if you will.  

Edit: I even liked the subtle nods to past movies and the campy show. Little things like Penguin waddling around at the funeral and the Mozart statue in a room in Wayne Manor

Edited by INbengalfan

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Spot on with everything. 

Reveal hidden contents

as for the Arkham scene, I really thought we were getting a glimpse of that character in the final battle scene when one of the acolytes shoots Batman point blank while he was dangling and holding onto the rail  while the area below filled up.  Almost the origin story in reverse, if you will.  

Spoiler

A fun idea but it was Barry Keoghan in the cell, we saw the guys face who shot him and it wasn’t Barry.

And yeah I also didn’t need the scene. Or moreso I rather it not be the joker. Would’ve preferred like Mad Hatter or someone like that. He would’ve had the same playful talk with Ed, but not be yet another Joker. Especially with the dumb twin henchmen, can very much see them becoming this universes version of Tweedledee and Tweedledumb working for Jervis in a future film.

Sequel thought 

Spoiler

The reporters last name was Elliot, I wonder if they will rework that into Hush’s storyline in a future film. 

Especially that info getting out there, and public perception being Thomas ordered a hit on him. Can be part of a series of transgressions by the Wayne’s Hush perceives on his family.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont really go to theaters anymore to see movies....but this is really tempting me to.   My buddy wants to go see it, so I may break down and go either this weekend or next.     I might just go by myself at some point.

Im excited to see this, but a few spoiler free reviews I saw confirmed what I saw from the trailers (but since it is slightly spoiler-ish)..

Reveal hidden contents

...that there is really no difference between Bruce Wayne and Batman.    Several have confirmed that Bruce Wayne is very brooding and acts relatively the same all the time.     I dont blame Pattinson for that, and Im not saying it will affect the quality of the overall film for me....but it does disappoint me somewhat.    Thats a BIG part of the character that is seemingly just ignored.     Although based on what ive heard, he spends most of the film as Batman and not a ton of screen time as public Bruce Wayne.

Either way, it sounds like a winner.

It sucks that they seemingly hit home runs with these non-extended universe movies, but largely shiz the bed with anything that connects to the other stuff.    

You've seen all the Bruce Wayne scenes really. Ill throw this in a tag but...

Spoiler

He is out of the suit and in public ONCE in the entire movie and it is at a funeral. There is no moment for Bruce Wayne to come out. 

That being said, the lack of Bruce Wayne plays to the character development. I promise you, it wont be an aspect that effects your opinion on the flick. It was all very Year One or Zero Year

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Sequel thought 

Hide contents

The reporters last name was Elliot, I wonder if they will rework that into Hush’s storyline in a future film. 

Especially that info getting out there, and public perception being Thomas ordered a hit on him. Can be part of a series of transgressions by the Wayne’s Hush perceives on his family.

Spoiler

Not only did it show Elliot but the same video literally said Hush!

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing what Robert and Matt do with the Wayne character going forward. After hearing his final thoughts in the film, I think Bruce will be more social in the sequel.

Spoiler

speaking of the sequel, Gotham is going to look like a mess. Gang wars taking place in a city that was just destroyed with the flood. I can see whole parts of the city being unkempt/abandon. I wonder if Matt will use some Post-Katrina imagery and incorporate it into Gotham. A lot of corruption comes out of disasters like this

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

looking forward to seeing what Robert and Matt do with the Wayne character going forward. After hearing his final thoughts in the film, I think Bruce will be more social in the sequel.

Reveal hidden contents

speaking of the sequel, Gotham is going to look like a mess. Gang wars taking place in a city that was just destroyed with the flood. I can see whole parts of the city being unkempt/abandon. I wonder if Matt will use some Post-Katrina imagery and incorporate it into Gotham. A lot of corruption comes out of disasters like this

For sure

Spoiler

Makes a lot of sense, Wayne bankrolling cleanup is a great way to have Bruce come into the light. Continue to question if that is a better way to use his time.

Only to have people go after him and realize part of the purity of Batman is he’s a symbol, and that while he might do more philanthropy to keep up appearances, he has to stay Batman til the job is done.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

For sure

Hide contents

Makes a lot of sense, Wayne bankrolling cleanup is a great way to have Bruce come into the light. Continue to question if that is a better way to use his time.

Only to have people go after him and realize part of the purity of Batman is he’s a symbol, and that while he might do more philanthropy to keep up appearances, he has to stay Batman til the job is done.

Spoiler

I can see that happening. would have Bruce rubbing shoulders with the rich/corporate elite and that's where the next conflict/villain can come from. The people who have the real power in the city.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Damn it, you all were supposed to post negative reviews. Now I may actually have to pay to see it in theaters.

Without spoilers, is there a mid or post credits scene?

I would say the same thing to @43M knowing how much he loves the characters but hates the DCEU.

Edited by INbengalfan

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Movie was phenomenal. My favorite Batman movie, being quite honest. Loved the style and darkness of the movie. Pattinson was awesome. Can't wait to see what they do next.

For this to overtake TDK I’d have to orgasm in the theatre.

looking forward to it

right now I have this just a notch below TDK. I feel like the Nolan trilogy and part of the TDK have not aged well, but Heath Joker and some of the moments in that film are still hard to top. Reeves series is off to a great start tho I think this is my 2nd fav live action Batman flick for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

For this to overtake TDK I’d have to orgasm in the theatre.

looking forward to it

It's easily better than TDK. TDK pretty much solely stands on Ledger's performance. There's so many plot holes in that damn movie, it's hilarious. The Batman is a far superior film.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

It's easily better than TDK. TDK pretty much solely stands on Ledger's performance. There's so many plot holes in that damn movie, it's hilarious. The Batman is a far superior film.

Theres huge plot holes throughout that entire trilogy.    I still love it though....at least the first 2.