So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

10 hours ago, matt27j said:

I love Chris jones and respect clark but Bosa is too good and ingram is real as well. Nwosu might surprise. 

Getting Derwin where they did was robbery. King a steal. Mike williams? Melvin gordon? Lamp back from injury.

Yet still Rivers has always been the final decider of fate and will be again. A lock for the playoffs but if he cant get to the SB with this years team idk if he ever will.

The Chargers are loaded. They have 5 'elite' players on defense and 3 'elite' players on offense. Rivers, Gordon, Allen, Ingram, Bosa, King, Derwin and Hayward is as good a core as you will find in this league. The bottom line however is that QB play trumps everything in football 90% of the time. And winning 3 road playoff games is too much to ask 99% of the time. So the Chargers first need to hold off Mahomes and KC to get at least the #2 seed. That's what they need to have a good shot at SB54. If they don't you will see the same we saw last year. They will play some gritty team in the wildcard, maybe sneak by and then they have to go to KC/NE/IND in the div and conference championship. Unless it's a team of destiny, this is a death sentence. 

If the Chargers are as good as last year, I think they win the division but Rivers is also getting up there in age and I'm not sure if he can be as good as last year. I agree this is their best shot in quiet some time and for quiet some time but I still wouldn't necessarily call it a great shot based on their division opponent.

It would a big upset for the Charg to win the sb considering playoff tendencies. Which is a shame because from a drafting standpoint they serve as the role model of building a team.

Reality is though that qb is the most important. Draft that and you can just buy the rest of your team. 

All chiefs need are mahomes and Reid from this point.

8 hours ago, matt27j said:

It would a big upset for the Charg to win the sb considering playoff tendencies. Which is a shame because from a drafting standpoint they serve as the role model of building a team.

Reality is though that qb is the most important. Draft that and you can just buy the rest of your team. 

All chiefs need are mahomes and Reid from this point.

Mccarthy & Rodgers proved that is not the case. Brees and Payton as well. Yes they each won 1 SB. But they did that with full teams around them. 

Also you talk about playoff tendencies. You do realize KC has 2 playoff wins in 26 years right? They dont have a good playoff tendency. Also it is still to be seen how good Mahomes will truly be going forward. Everyone is investing in year 1. In today's NFL you need a team to win the SB. Chargers have the better team. Also, unlike Norv and Mccoy who really hindered the Chargers... Lynn looks to be a good coach 2 years in.

15 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I’m not necessarily sure if we will be better than them on offense, but our offense is likely to improve with Henry back and theirs is likely to regress. The gap should definitely be less this year. I think we might be the 2nd best defense in the league after the Bears and I expect the Chiefs defense to be around the 20th best.

I believe we will be. If Hill plays, itll be close. If Hill doesnt play, i think with Hunter back, with Lamp likely playing and replacing Tevi at RT.. Chargers have all the pieces to be a top offense. I mean last year they were 8th without Hunter, Gordon and Ekler missing games, bad oline play. I can see them easily top 3. Rivers is unstoppable when throwing to Hunter. If you see below, Rivers is the only qb on the list more than once.  Im trying to restrain crazy expectations and being a homer. By i sincerely believe Chargers are going to be FAAAR superior to the Chiefs in 2019 in every aspect. I could be wrong and we will see... if so ill wear the brunt of public humiliation on here 😂. I also acknowledge Chargers could potentially fall apart and go 6-10. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019

Edited by Bearerofnews

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I believe we will be. If Hill plays, itll be close. If Hill doesnt play, i think with Hunter back, with Lamp likely playing and replacing Tevi at RT.. Chargers have all the pieces to be a top offense. I mean last year they were 8th without Hunter, Gordon and Ekler missing games, bad oline play. I can see them easily top 3. Rivers is unstoppable when throwing to Hunter. If you see below, Rivers is the only qb on the list more than once.  Im trying to restrain crazy expectations and being a homer. By i sincerely believe Chargers are going to be FAAAR superior to the Chiefs in 2019 in every aspect. I could be wrong and we will see... if so ill wear the brunt of public humiliation on here 😂. I also acknowledge Chargers could potentially fall apart and go 6-10. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019

Well I think you are more likely to see Lamp replace Schoffield rather than Tevi. I’m still holding out hope that we sign a Parnell or Schraeder to replace Tevi at RT.

4 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Well I think you are more likely to see Lamp replace Schoffield rather than Tevi. I’m still holding out hope that we sign a Parnell or Schraeder to replace Tevi at RT.

Yeah sorry if that read wrong. I meant have Lamp start at RG and replace Tevi with virtually anyone. I dont know if Pipkins is NFL ready year 1. But yeah, maybe we sign a solid FA.  

1 hour ago, matt27j said:

Don't count out pitt hou or ind as well. Too many unknowns for anyone to get their hopes too high or low.

So my sb piks r ne pitt hous ind or la. On the fence bout kc

Dont under sell your team. Outside of Chargers and Rams, Browns imo have the 3rd best roster in the NFL. Only question for them is coaching. 

While i believe in them youth and lack of experience will make reaching the playoffs the goal. 

Showed consistency and ability to finish games as progress but still were no match for kc chargers and hou. 

If we can keep it tight vs rams and ne I might hope for more.

5 minutes ago, matt27j said:

While i believe in them youth and lack of experience will make reaching the playoffs the goal. 

Showed consistency and ability to finish games as progress but still were no match for kc chargers and hou. 

If we can keep it tight vs rams and ne I might hope for more.

The Browns will be right there with the Colts, Chargers and maybe another team competing in the "2nd tier" of the AFC.

I don't think it's out of question that the Browns go all the way in the AFC but probably not.

I trust the Browns and Colts to have a bright future.

The Chargers should also have a real good team until Rivers hangs them up but I personnally don't see any SB for them.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Nelson >> Breeland. So you literally got worse at one of your weakest positions. Your qb wont throw 50 tds to mask that.  But yeah keep the logical arguments coming.

Lol Nelson better than Breeland? 

Mahomes won't throw 50 but not because of regression or defenses "catching up". His TD's will likely go down because of the big improvement of the defense. 

6 minutes ago, emaw1979 said:

Lol Nelson better than Breeland? 

Mahomes won't throw 50 but not because of regression or defenses "catching up". His TD's will likely go down because of the big improvement of the defense. 

Yes, and your 2nd point is rathe hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Nelson isnt good.

I see it as a lateral move

He isn't bad either.

Nelson to Breeland is probably a lateral move if both are to play all year. Breeland has a recent injury history that increases his risk and reduces his value.

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Yes, and your 2nd point is rathe hilarious.

Better defense means less shootouts which in turn means less TDs.

But really, 50TDs is just exceptional. It's just normal that Mahomes would throw less TDs next year but it doesn't mean he will be any worse. He could be more efficient.

It's just like Chris Jones for my Chiefs. I am not expecting 15 sacks again from him as that's an exceptional number of sacks for a DT. He should be back to around 10 sacks.