So, the 2019 Chiefs...

Hunter2_1

How will they do this season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. The 2019 Chiefs...

• They consolidate - either the first or second seed in the AFC, not dropping off
    • They drop off slightly - win at least 2 fewer games than last season
    • They drop off markedly - miss playoffs, and end up with a record around .500 or below

On 5/23/2019 at 12:14 AM, Bolts223 said:

I literally just debunked this. 2018 is the first season in YEARS where the Chargers were being picked to win the division. In 2017 it was the Raiders, in 2016 it was the Chiefs/Broncos, from 2012-2015 it was the Broncos. You have to go back to 2011 to find a season in which the Chargers were actually the popular pick to win the AFC West before the season.

The Chargers went 12-4 last year and ended up being a better team than people thought they would be. People were saying they would go like 10-6 and win a weak AFC West. Both of our teams exceeded expectations last year.

And stop getting all high and mighty about winning the division on a tiebreaker. We finished with the same record, split the series and we lost to the same team.

Yeah, last year was the first time since 2011 the Chargers were the betting favorites to win the AFC west. 

I don't care if you think KC is better then the Chargers, but they essentially won the division due to them sweeping Denver and the Chargers splitting with the Broncos. 

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

Exactly

Mahomes was our best offensive player, and best player overall.

Why didn’t Tyreek drag Alex Smith to big numbers and playoff success? Because he’s not an MVP. Hill’s been here since 2016 and the offense averaged similar ppg to all other Reid Chiefs teams.

Mahomes makes KC an elite contender, not Hill. 

If you watched Tyreek play in 2016 or 2017 you should know Tyreek made that offense far more formidable than it otherwise would have been. This isn’t even to mention the threat Tyreek is on special teams as well. Mahomes certainly is a better QB than Alex, but it takes much more than a QB to win in this league. Look at how many times the Saints went 7-9 with Brees or how uninspiring the Packers have been with Rodgers the last couple of seasons. The Chiefs offense was so deadly last year in large part because they had the best skill players in the league. It was able to carry a pretty putrid defense. Now while I expect it to be a good offense still, will it be elite enough to carry a defense could be just as bad this year? We shall see. 

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

If you watched Tyreek play in 2016 or 2017 you should know Tyreek made that offense far more formidable than it otherwise would have been. This isn’t even to mention the threat Tyreek is on special teams as well. Mahomes certainly is a better QB than Alex, but it takes much more than a QB to win in this league. Look at how many times the Saints went 7-9 with Brees or how uninspiring the Packers have been with Rodgers the last couple of seasons. The Chiefs offense was so deadly last year in large part because they had the best skill players in the league. It was able to carry a pretty putrid defense. Now while I expect it to be a good offense still, will it be elite enough to carry a defense could be just as bad this year? We shall see. 

Give Reid and Mahomes a decent Oline and half decent skill position players and Mahomes will ball. That's where I'm at with Mahomes. 

Obviously with each star skill position player lost the offense is a bit worse but just give him what I said above and he's good.

Chargers might wish the Chiefs defense to be as bad as last year but it's not happening.

There is some uncertainty about how good the Chiefs D will be this season because there is so much change but using last year's defense to project what it should be this year is just bad analysis.

The whole coaching staff is new. The scheme is new going from 3-4 to 4-3. Half the Dline is new players and only young players from last year remain.

Two of the top 5 LBs to be are new.

4 of the 5 likely starting secondary players will be new players (trade coming up for a CB).

On paper, I like the Chiefs Dline including depth equal or  a hair better than the Chargers.

When the Chiefs trade for a good CB, the secondaries are pretty similar, maybe the Chargers' a hair better.

The LBs corps is where the Chargers are a step better but they're not world beaters.

All in all, there is uncertainty but I would expect the Chiefs D to be less than 10 spots away from your Chargers D.

4 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

So with the loss of Tyreek were the 7-9 Saints?

I’d do a sig bet that the Chiefs won’t win 13 games and not think twice about it. They are a good team, with a good coach and a rising star at the most important position but winning 13 games in the NFL isn’t easy. 

i think the other teams in the schedule will be better.  I think any team that loses a player like Hill  is going to be hurt.  Ford, Houston, and Morse to me are big loses.  I don't understand Frank Clark after Hunt and Hill. 

I   see them  going on the road this year as a result

7 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Give Reid and Mahomes a decent Oline and half decent skill position players and Mahomes will ball. That's where I'm at with Mahomes. 

Obviously with each star skill position player lost the offense is a bit worse but just give him what I said above and he's good.

Chargers might wish the Chiefs defense to be as bad as last year but it's not happening.

There is some uncertainty about how good the Chiefs D will be this season because there is so much change but using last year's defense to project what it should be this year is just bad analysis.

The whole coaching staff is new. The scheme is new going from 3-4 to 4-3. Half the Dline is new players and only young players from last year remain.

Two of the top 5 LBs to be are new.

4 of the 5 likely starting secondary players will be new players (trade coming up for a CB).

On paper, I like the Chiefs Dline including depth equal or  a hair better than the Chargers.

When the Chiefs trade for a good CB, the secondaries are pretty similar, maybe the Chargers' a hair better.

The LBs corps is where the Chargers are a step better but they're not world beaters.

All in all, there is uncertainty but I would expect the Chiefs D to be less than 10 spots away from your Chargers D.

Even if besssst case scenario for KC on Defense with the imaginary trade (best case Josh Norman who would be the 3rd best Cb on the Chargers) if everything on Defense plays out for KC, Chargers defense will be better. The only problem, in 2019 Chargers offense will be better to. Rivers and Hunter have the best connection in the NFL of any duo with atleast 400 attempts in terms of passer rating and 0 ints. So getting Hunter back and the loss of Hill will propel Chargers offense over KC, for sure.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019

As for dlines. Rochell, Square, Lainer and Jones give chargers stronger depth than KC's dline if you look at production of their last seasons played. Starters edge would go to chargers.

Outside of oline, TE and maybe QB if Mahomes is what we saw in 2018... i dont see a single unit KC has an edge on over LAC or where they are equal. It's why literally all media outlets have LAC ranked over KC. Its why LAC is being praised by all media outlets as most complete roster and most talented. KC's praise is around Mahomes.

Edited by Bearerofnews

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Even if besssst case scenario for KC on Defense with the imaginary trade (best case Josh Norman who would be the 3rd best Cb on the Chargers) if everything on Defense plays out for KC, Chargers defense will be better. The only problem, in 2019 Chargers offense will be better to. Rivers and Hunter have the best connection in the NFL of any duo with atleast 400 attempts in terms of passer rating and 0 ints. So getting Hunter back and the loss of Hill will propel Chargers offense over KC, for sure.

As for dlines. Rochell, Square, Lainer and Jones give chargers stronger depth than KC's dline if you look at production of their last seasons played. Starters edge would go to chargers.

Outside of oline, TE and maybe QB if Mahomes is what we saw in 2018... i dont see a single unit KC has an edge on over LAC or where they are equal. It's why literally all media outlets have LAC ranked over KC. Its why LAC is being praised by all media outlets as most complete roster and most talented. KC's praise is around Mahomes.

Man, it's hard to take you seriously. I wish I could bet money with you on the silly stuff that you say. It's too easy to talk crap.

39 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Man, it's hard to take you seriously. I wish I could bet money with you on the silly stuff that you say. It's too easy to talk crap.

This is insane coming from you. The same guy who thinks adding Frank Clark, Ogbah, Okafor and Tyrann while losing Nelson, Bailey, Houston and Ford will put arguably the worst defense in the league on par with one of the top 4 defenses in the NFL. You keep outdoing yourself.  Unlike your rants, my assessments are realistic and logical. Yours are just wild out of nowhere assertions literally no one else agrees with... NO ONE.

Edited by Bearerofnews

Rochelle, Square, Lainer and Jones, in their last seasons played.

25 qb hits, 14 tfl, 10 pds, 13.5 sacks, 1 ff, 1 fr, 1 int.

Xavier, Ogbah, Tanoh, Speaks.

21 qb hits, 8 tfl, 8 pds, 7 sacks, 2 ff, 3 fr.

Then comparing starters. Bosa, Ingram, Mebane and Tillery vs Jones, Frank, Ndami and Okafor. 

Dont see how anyone can say dline is anything but edge LAC. LB's dont need to discuss and honestly secondary isn't even close with advantage Chargers.

Without Hill, Chargers clearly have edge at WR. Edge at RB.  Oline id give the edge to Chiefs until Lamp plays and Tevi is replaced.

Kelce has been the best TE for past 3 years, so clear edge there. Hunter has potential to be amongst top 3, but needs to prove it.

Rivers is proven, but Mahomes was better last year and if that is the same Mahomes we see in 2019, have to give KC the edge (if Mahomes plays at that level again. Big if).

Any objective person can see these 2 rosters arent really equal. You somehow, dont seem to have logical vision,  that has been well established. Show me where i am wrong?

Edited by Bearerofnews

People are so confident that the Chiefs are going to release Hill. I'm here to tell you that, short of prison time and/or an NFL ban, the Chiefs aren't getting rid of him. They learned their lesson with Kareem Hunt. You cut him and some other team will simply reap the rewards while you get absolutely nothing. They aren't releasing him if they don't have to, and I don't blame them for that

Edited by Shake
  • Like 2