2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

This might be a hot take but Sikiam is goin to dog Draymond. 

Not a hot take at all.  Draymond one of the most overrated defenders.  He's a really good help defender, but he's not that great of a man-on-man defender.  He's legit probably their 4th best man defender at best, tbh.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Not a hot take at all.  Draymond one of the most overrated defenders.  He's a really good help defender, but he's not that great of a man-on-man defender.  He's legit probably their 4th best man defender at best, tbh.

You are truly a hot take machine. Draymond is an elite man-to-man defender. He's one of a handful of guys in the league who can effectively guard 1-5. JFC.

• Like 2

The Raptors have the deepest team in the league, with the best all-around player who only gets better the bigger the games get.

I don't know how you don't take them over a KD-less Warrior team that only gets 3 home games, at maximum.

Edited by joru1000

1 minute ago, joru1000 said:

The Raptors have the deepest team in the league, with the best all-around player who only gets better the bigger the games get.

I don't know how you don't take them over a KD-less Warrior team that only gets 3 home games, at maximum.

Because people got memorized when they saw the Warriors sweep a mediocre Blazers team.  They need Kevin Durant to save.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ok now you reaching

• Like 1

I don't know how true this is, but the last report I heard is Kevin Durant isn't even able to do any basketball workouts and obviously can't practice.  There was a video released two days ago that showed him limping/walking gingerly.  To expect a guy who can't even walk or practice to all of a sudden suit up for a NBA Finals game and be effective is asking too much.

The Warriors are essentially not going to have him this series, thus they lose.  It's unfortunate, but they've benefited so much off of injuries in the past that it's their turn.

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Stop. Iggy and KD are better on the ball but almost every team tries to get Klay on the their best player if they can't get Curry. Mostly cause they will willingly switch Klay onto the best players and they won't Curry. 

But Iggy and KD are two of the three best perimeter defenders in the league, so saying Draymond is 3rd on the team isn't an insult.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Stop. Iggy and KD are better on the ball but almost every team tries to get Klay on the their best player if they can't get Curry. Mostly cause they will willingly switch Klay onto the best players and they won't Curry. 

But Iggy and KD are two of the three best perimeter defenders in the league, so saying Draymond is 3rd on the team isn't an insult.

The guy said he was the best defender ever.  He's not even the best on his own team.  You're right that Iggy and Durant are better on-ball.  Klay is also better than him.  Doesn't matter, though.  But I mean, you pretty much agreed with what I said so I'm not sure why you started it with "stop".  You only disagreed about Klay.

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

How?  Klay, Iggy and Durant are all better man-on-man defenders.

Siakam just literally put up a Michael Jordan-esque game vs Draymond.  Dude got cooked.

Draymond has locked up some of the best low post score bigs in the playoffs. Klay is his equal in that regard on the perimeter. Iggy is great too but he doesnt play as many minutes as they do so his usage their is expected. KD gets beat off the dribble far too easily for me to call him great defender. Lateral quickness of his stinks.

draymond causes a lot of turnovers from his activeness, blocks shots and always knows where to be on the floor. He gave Kawhi a hard time tonight. 

Edited by indifference

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Draymond has locked up some of the best low post score bigs in the playoffs. Klay is his equal in that regard on the perimeter. Iggy is great too but he doesnt play as many minutes as they do so his usage their is expected. KD gets beat off the dribble far too easily for me to call him great defender. Lateral quickness of his stinks.

Bro, Draymond hardly ever defends the other teams best player.  Even in the Finals vs LeBron.  Again tonight, didn't spend most of his time on Kawhi Leonard, but instead got a legendary arse whooping by Siakam.

Klay is constantly guarding the other teams best player for good chunks of games unless they're a F or C.  Does he get beat?  Sure.  I mean, I don't really care if you think Klay is better than Draymond or vise versa.  Fine, Draymond is the 3rd best on-ball defender on this team and not the 4th best.  It doesn't really matter.

My entire point is, he's not the best or even second best defender on his own team.  Yet the guy said he was the best ever.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

My entire point is, he's not the best or even second best defender on his own team.  Yet the guy said he was the best ever.

he might be the 8th best on ball defender in the league but is probably the best help defender in the league, the best pnr guarder in the league, one of the best low post defenders in the league. he is the best defensive player in the league.

you can go watch gary payton or clyde dexler go off on mj or pippen. kawhi couldn't guard jimmer in college. there is a reason teams score over 100 PPG, cause it is really hard to play defense. 

• Like 2