2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Warriors should start Looney and put him on Siakam and Draymond on Gasol.

I was thinking that as well. Looney is really the only big you can put on Siakam. They put Bell in thinking they could run Gasol off the court, but obviously that didn't work. Looney could also switch out on Kawhi if need be. 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

raps ran a bunch of good stuff. they are a really smart team. if kd doesn't come back this will be a super fun series. 

Danny Green is just a very high IQ ball player. His ability to find the open spot to make himself open for others is huge. Lot of these dudes just stand around and watch for the catch and shoot opp. Not everybody has Lebron’s size/vision/strength to make difficult passes. Not sure if Nurse is much better than Casey but the make up of this team is  simply better than years past.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Per Haynes, KD expected to return for either game 3 or 4, more likely the latter. 

Make it game 3 KD! 

The Game 4 ETA fits with a grade 2 calf strain.   That's on the short side of 4 weeks, but let's face it, with elite athletes, barring setbacks, the short side can happen.   I do wonder if there's a more significant injury and this is just a cat and mouse game, though.   Either way, though, TOR has to plan for KD potentially entering the fray - it makes Game 2 a must-win for them (obv it's huge for GS, but as the saying goes, you're not in real trouble until you lose a home game...or it's game 7 lol).

36 minutes ago, Broncofan said:
3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Per Haynes, KD expected to return for either game 3 or 4, more likely the latter. 

Make it game 3 KD! 

The Game 4 ETA fits with a grade 2 calf strain.   That's on the short side of 4 weeks, but let's face it, with elite athletes, barring setbacks, the short side can happen.   I do wonder if there's a more significant injury and this is just a cat and mouse game, though.   Either way, though, TOR has to plan for KD potentially entering the fray - it makes Game 2 a must-win for them (obv it's huge for GS, but as the saying goes, you're not in real trouble until you lose a home game...or it's game 7 lol).

With or without KD I viewed games 1 and 2 as must wins. Going to Golden state with a split series would be too hard to come back from. I think the Raptors could steal one in Golden State, but I would want to come back to Toronto with 3 wins. Honestly even as a Raptors fan it's a shame KD is hurt. I'd rather see them both at full strength

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

With or without KD I viewed games 1 and 2 as must wins. Going to Golden state with a split series would be too hard to come back from. I think the Raptors could steal one in Golden State, but I would want to come back to Toronto with 3 wins. Honestly even as a Raptors fan it's a shame KD is hurt. I'd rather see them both at full strength

No you wouldn't. It's okay, there are no asterisks next to rings regardless of what folks say lol. So if you get a ring with KD out for most of the series? Tough luck for the Dubs, but no fault of the Raptors and part of winning is staying healthy. 

• Like 2

During the Warriors first title run, they benefited a crap ton from injuries.  Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were out during the Finals.  I think even Mike Conley and Tony Allen missed games and that series was pretty close, with the Grizzlies even leading after the first three games were played.  They win the title this year.

In 2017, they cheap shot Kawhi Leonard with Tony Parker already being out and missing the series.  They go on to easily win this series and go to the Finals where they completed the most epic choke job ever and cry to their savior Kevin Durant.

Last year, they're down to the Rockets 3-2 and Chris Paul gets injured.  They win this series, when there's a decent amount of people who think they would have lost had Paul not gotten hurt.  And I mean I have to say it, but LeBron was hurt last Finals as well.  Reports are he played the last 3 games with a broken hand.  I'm not holding much weight to this one, but it still happened.

Now the Warriors are facing the injury bug.  It's their turn to suffer after benefiting SO MUCH over the years from other opposing key players being hurt.  Don't feel bad about this as a Raptors fan.  Enjoy the moment - because if Kevin Durant actually comes back (as is now being reported) and he can be his effective self, the Warriors will win this thing.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
20 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

No you wouldn't. It's okay, there are no asterisks next to rings regardless of what folks say lol. So if you get a ring with KD out for most of the series? Tough luck for the Dubs, but no fault of the Raptors and part of winning is staying healthy. 

Oh my bad, thanks for telling me what I think! 

I am a casual Raptors fan. If it was the Packers, I'd rather get a walkover in the superbowl