Reuben Foster goes down on 2nd snap of OTA's (Redskins)

Brian23

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Please keep this to football or don't post.

Anyway, I'm sure the Redskins regret letting Zach Brown walk now. They're dangerously thin at Linebacker.

Or they could've used a draft pick on a LB earlier instead of waiting until the late rounds.

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Or they could've used a draft pick on a LB earlier instead of waiting until the late rounds.

Can I inquire into the psychic services your franchise uses? I want to refer them to Ashburn for future sight so they can correctly predict when the guy they had just acquired a few months ago and penciled in as a starter will have a knee injury in OTAs. Obviously the tarot card reader your team supports could have (did?) correctly predicted the way the draft would turn out PLUS the likelihood of injuries to existing players. The tea leaves would prove the wisdom of taking a player at a position that you had limited room at over major needs like QB or edge rusher.

9_9 C'mon now ...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Woz said:

Can I inquire into the psychic services your franchise uses? I want to refer them to Ashburn for future sight so they can correctly predict when the guy they had just acquired a few months ago and penciled in as a starter will have a knee injury in OTAs. Obviously the tarot card reader your team supports could have (did?) correctly predicted the way the draft would turn out PLUS the likelihood of injuries to existing players. The tea leaves would prove the wisdom of taking a player at a position that you had limited room at over major needs like QB or edge rusher.

9_9 C'mon now ...

Woz, I know you're hurting right now... it'll be okay.

Preseason hasn't even started and you're already snippy with folks.

8 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

It begins.

Redskins should just stay in the classroom until the regular season starts every year.  No on-field activities, not even walk-throughs.

Or adopt new preseason uniforms?

tenor.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Woz, I know you're hurting right now... it'll be okay.

Preseason hasn't even started and you're already snippy with folks.

okay ... yeah ... reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

56 minutes ago, Woz said:

In context, I think he was just trying to build off my post that the Redskins should've used a pick in hindsight.

But I could be wrong.

9 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. They didn't let him walk. They cut him.
  2. They've got a lot of untested youth that's going to be tested this season. Not ideal, but it was likely going to happen anyway (there's a non-trivial chance they let Foster walk next year).

Oh yes, and "darn."

Cutting a player is letting them walk, essentially.

Are you truly unconcerned about the Redskins' current Linebacking corp sans Foster? I'd be in your shoes.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

One is passive, one is active. They were benching him late in the season, so the writing was on the wall. Brown even said as much (though he thought the reason for his benching was crap, which it could have been).

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Are you truly unconcerned about the Redskins' current Linebacking corp sans Foster? I'd be in your shoes.

Oh I am. Of course, I was even when Reuben Foster was healthy (as I was assuming he would get into more trouble and not be available to them at some point in the near future). At the same time, I can understand why they didn't draft an ILB early.

1. They had Reuben Foster so they thought it wasn't as critical a need.
  2. The top two ILBs in the draft went 5 (Devin White) and 10 (Devin Bush). Next LB taken was in the second round, but A) they gave that pick up to trade back into the first to take Montez Sweat and B) said next LB was taken before (Tavai) they could have picked anyway. Next ILB? Germaine Pratt ... who went ahead of their pick to the Bengals.
  3. So it really comes down to: improve the WR corps by selecting Terry McLaurin (a massive problem on the team) or go for Sione Takitaki, Cody Barton, or Robert Okereke (the next 3 ILBs taken, after their pick in the third round). I don't claim to be a great evaluator of talent, so I'll take NFL.com's grades. McLaurin = 5.61, Takitaki = 5.18, Barton = 5.44, and Okereke = 5.48.

After that, the next LB was taken at the bottom of the 4th, which I doubt we'd call an early pick anymore.

It wasn't a great draft for ILBs and they had major needs elsewhere (QB, edge rusher, WR). So, they gambled on a guy they took a massive PR hit to pick up being their nominal starter (while also drafting a late guy at ILB for depth) ... and it didn't work as planned.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Woz said:

Lol. First off, check your grammar before typing. Secondly, if you didn't understand my earlier post, I would suggest that you look into some online courses. Starting with Reading Comprehension 101.

Edited by Tony7188

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In context, I think he was just trying to build off my post that the Redskins should've used a pick in hindsight.

But I could be wrong.

You are correct. Context is something a lot of people struggle with.

Edited by Tony7188

Whoa. I had wondered if he would make it through the season without going to IR, but I never expected THIS. Yikes. What a freak injury! 

As a 9er fan, I was excited about him in his rookie year. He was amazing. Made some bad mistakes in the company he chose, though, which got him booted from my 9ers... Hope things get better for him.

15 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Raiders do this too, even before Chucky. Wondering if LB is going the way of RB a few years ago...O.o

16 hours ago, Woz said:

9_9 C'mon now ...

He's Ruben foster though, he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Redskins should have known he was going to miss time this year. 

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Lol. First off, check your grammar before typing. Secondly, if you didn't understand my earlier post, I would suggest that you look into some online courses. Starting with Reading Comprehension 101.

Ok let me add some context here for you cause you probably don't frequent the Redskins forum very often.  @Woz never was a fan of the Reuben Foster addition, and therefore I doubt he's shedding a tear over Foster going down in training camp.  So suggesting he's "hurting" right now is probably farthest from the truth.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

He's Ruben foster though, he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Redskins should have known he was going to miss time this year. 

Which I addressed. The question was whether they should have drafted an ILB early (they did draft one in the 5th when a bunch of the ILBs seemed to go). I pointed out that they had bigger needs at QB, edge, and WR (which is where they put their first three picks) and gambled they would get something out of Reuben Foster, if not a full season. I don't think they counted on him blowing out his knee on just his third potential rep in burgundy & gold. If you did, I would again like the number of your reader.