Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

Also gotta give props to @Matts4313 for another gem

he called my meta and intended play perfectly like day 2, like he just obliterated my plan so bad. I kept it up anyways cause I’m a stubborn *******. But matts knew exactly what I was doing.

lemme find the post 

Just now, squire12 said:

The reasoning was correct in lynching Swag when we did, could have and should have done it before then honestly.  

Nah, it wasn’t.  The rationale for your cases behind me was: it doesn’t make sense, but it doesn’t have to make sense, because we know he’s non-Town.  That isn’t reasoning, that’s stupidity.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I feel like the entire Dingo night was an abomination.. Taking out ET was very bad..

The squire lynch was bad too, and I take responsibility for that.. I was too fixated on Dome needing to be the last mafia left to die, and he was the only player left that I felt like had any % chance to be sin6 with him

Kinda goes back to the V for Vendetta game.  You made decisions without have the full information as you were beating players up in that game for doing the same thing.  

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

well there were only civs to choose from so you cant blame dingo that much

Truth.  I mean, if he chose Counselor or matts, game is pretty much done too.

look... matts effed up epically in that vote.. but I have to defend him in his zeal to take out Dome (granted, it is easy to take that stance when there are only 2 options and you know you are obviously in the clear yourself)

really though, for all the grief civs are getting, we got ourselves into a 3:1 ratio, and reasonably all 3 of us were cleared.. that's a pretty epic fall from what should have been a surefire close

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I would have just poked you a few times (considering the whole “play to your win con” thing) but you are literally blaming somebody else for the loss ....

Then you arent reading. 

He was the ref that missed the PI call in the Saints game. He wasnt the 100% reason.

I should have overcome that/not accidentally bolded my name in a sentence. 

Dingo shouldnt have self hammered and taken out ET.

Swag shouldnt have created another wrong argument against me if he wanted to win with civs.

Pickle should have protected our investigator.

TK3 probably should have revived our investigator instead of me. 

But even through all that, if Counselor sticks to the plan we all agreed too, we win the game. Just like if I dont bold my name, we win the game. 

One was an accident. One was thought out terrible decision making. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Nah, it wasn’t.  The rationale for your cases behind me was: it doesn’t make sense, but it doesn’t have to make sense, because we know he’s non-Town.  That isn’t reasoning, that’s stupidity.

@SwAg  What was your wincon?   Were you potentially a threat to Earth?

Just now, squire12 said:

@SwAg  What was your wincon?   Were you potentially a threat to Earth?

No.  I had to survive.  I literally told the truth about 99% of everything I said.  I told two lies the whole game.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

he called my meta and intended play perfectly like day 2, like he just obliterated my plan so bad. I kept it up anyways cause I’m a stubborn *******. But matts knew exactly what I was doing.

lemme find the post 

You pissed me off this game. I guess that's your job given your role, but...man, you pissed me off this game.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

No.  I had to survive.  I literally told the truth about 99% of everything I said.  I told two lies the whole game.

So if you were the last non avengers alinged player remaining, would the game have ended?

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Half of the board was cleared

Dome was red handed, but we didn't know how to get him

In terms of who is left to vote for, we have unknowns, and a known risk as non-town

Had mission been lynched first and flipped black, you were dead the next night anyways

Merely trusting you was a risk, and given the options it was hard to justify keeping that risk around over our other choices.. Perhaps it was wrong, but I defend the rationale behind it

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

lemme find the post 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

look... matts effed up epically in that vote.. but I have to defend him in his zeal to take out Dome (granted, it is easy to take that stance when there are only 2 options and you know you are obviously in the clear yourself)

really though, for all the grief civs are getting, we got ourselves into a 3:1 ratio, and reasonably all 3 of us were cleared.. that's a pretty epic fall from what should have been a surefire close

TBF - I was pushing dome from the time we voted for pickle IIRC. The problem was I dont have any pull anymore. Too many times telling people they are playing stupid instead of being nice and trying to explain it. Which is my own fault, but I just dont have patience any more for some of the things people say.

And everyone knows it, people are using it against me. Im ineffective now, should probably stop playing.

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

More like:

giphy.gif

My caring level went way down when @Counselor started making horrendous mistakes. The main reason I was vested in the end was I didnt want dome to win under such obviously stupid logic.

And yes, Counselor did lose us the game IMO. First he failed to motivate me. Then he voted me. This is like the Saints/Ram game. There was still a chance to overcome the P.I., but if the right call had been made there wouldnt be a need. 

But whatever. I lost on a technicality (or accident, or whatever you want to call it). And I would bet money it wasnt even Dome that pointed it out to host. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Then you arent reading. 

He was the ref that missed the PI call in the Saints game. He wasnt the 100% reason.

I should have overcome that/not accidentally bolded my name in a sentence. 

Dingo shouldnt have self hammered and taken out ET.

Swag shouldnt have created another wrong argument against me if he wanted to win with civs.

Pickle should have protected our investigator.

TK3 probably should have revived our investigator instead of me. 

But even through all that, if Counselor sticks to the plan we all agreed too, we win the game. Just like if I dont bold my name, we win the game. 

One was an accident. One was thought out terrible decision making. 

Hmmmm

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was on the fence with you for the longest time. I eventually convinced myself that non-town is the best course of action - in hindsight, that didn't work.

I think you played a great game, BTW. 

I appreciated you in endgame.  I wasn’t really ever asking for people to trust me inherently.  I completely understood the Town logic on that.  I was asking them to read what I said openly and be willing to have a discussion since I was putting my best foot forward, all I wanted was at least an open minded audience.  I had it for a bit, but it died.  Them the breaks.

You at least played the game to solve it, rather than try to fit everything into a tidy narrative.

Archived