Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

What was the mechanic of skrull flipping?

Why did some flip green, and some flip black and later become green?

What was the distinction and how did it happen the way it did?

Just now, Tk3 said:

i will let @rackcs explain, but it involve how long the player has been a skrull 

Just now, Tk3 said:

They had to last a certain period of time to get "undercover". Mission was converted n2. If he survived 2 or 3 days, he got a conversion of his own (he converted Malf) and would flip black. Malf was killed the night after his conversion, so he wasn't fully undercover yet. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Half of the board was cleared

Dome was red handed, but we didn't know how to get him

In terms of who is left to vote for, we have unknowns, and a known risk as non-town

Had mission been lynched first and flipped black, you were dead the next night anyways

Merely trusting you was a risk, and given the options it was hard to justify keeping that risk around over our other choices.. Perhaps it was wrong, but I defend the rationale behind it

Further, and I know swag won't like this, but it is precedent setting.

Harmless-others claim harmless-other

Harmful-others claim harmless-other

Mafia claim harmless-other

It's really damaging to keep those doors open, especially when so small of a percentage of others are truly harmless to town

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Skrull imitate other creatures, so upon death they flip back to skrull. 

It’s the reason my invests didn’t work on them. BCB was the queen, converted mission (I invested him I think the night before it would have become skrull) and he converted malf. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I appreciated you in endgame.  I wasn’t really ever asking for people to trust me inherently.  I completely understood the Town logic on that.  I was asking them to read what I said openly and be willing to have a discussion since I was putting my best foot forward, all I wanted was at least an open minded audience.  I had it for a bit, but it died.  Them the breaks.

You at least played the game to solve it, rather than try to fit everything into a tidy narrative.

I think once pickle flipped Avengers, you lost a lot of credibility to sway players.  It felt like you were pushing hard on a narrative that was going to serve you in the long run.  

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Half of the board was cleared

Dome was red handed, but we didn't know how to get him

In terms of who is left to vote for, we have unknowns, and a known risk as non-town

Had mission been lynched first and flipped black, you were dead the next night anyways

Merely trusting you was a risk, and given the options it was hard to justify keeping that risk around over our other choices.. Perhaps it was wrong, but I defend the rationale behind it

You’re not really understanding my issue.  I understand the concept of non-Town as an inherent threat in endgame.  My next post cleared up what I took issue with.  You all didn’t look past the alignment, you became xenophobic on Independents, and had you listened to me rather than days later, you would have ET and Dingo alive, you would have Mission dead, me (likely) dead after mission, and the information to kill Dome.

Try engaging in the game and reading next time instead of digging in heels at the end to justify matts wasting all his lie defects and blindly lynching because the game is too hard.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

LMAO give me my LVP Trophy now!

@Matts4313 was definitely valuable to the mafia. Complete MVP performance lmao

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Had a you guys just voted Orca day 1 like I said you wouldn't be in this situation 

Had they just voted BcB...which I gave away my tell on you for nothing lol

@Dome amazing job!!!!! even though on vacation I didnt follow much in the end. Not sure how you pulled it off but that was legendary 

Awesome job SINISTER 6!!!!

@Matts4313 dont play the PM game and dont share info in thread given to you by PM by a player who quit...without stating as such. Your posting for a day before explaining how you obtained the info is sketchy to say the least 

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

All I have got to say, Directly from Host in my inbox (albeit about moves):

@rackcs had the wrong VC. He should have given a chance to correct it. For such a wonderful game, that was a panzy ish ending. 

Still think the host is awesome. Still think it was an incredible game. But that was bush-league.

Also, thanks @Counselor for motivating me the night before so that we could win the game with out a stupid ending. 4 gold stars. 

Lmao...the irony here is off the charts

tenor.gif?itemid=13996868

@rackcs amazing game!!!!!

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Further, and I know swag won't like this, but it is precedent setting.

Harmless-others claim harmless-other

Harmful-others claim harmless-other

Mafia claim harmless-other

It's really damaging to keep those doors open, especially when so small of a percentage of others are truly harmless to town

I think the narrative of the "story" comes into play. Loki being able to win with either side made a ton of sense for the character. I suppose if I didn't know the lore behind the game, I may have felt differently about the lynching, but given that he was Loki, and I know this story there, etc etc etc. 

On 5/28/2019 at 12:48 PM, Matts4313 said:

But it sparked a memory about Dome. How Dome had me convinced all game that he thought I was scum just for it to be a ruse. I really think we should explore this. At least put pressure. 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:01 PM, Matts4313 said:

Trust me, this is not the first time he has done this. 

On 5/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, Matts4313 said:

1. Dome has been mafia and chased me hard when I was a civ. What game was that?

On 5/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, Matts4313 said:
On 5/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ragnarok said:

Lay the case out for me like I'm in 3rd grade.  

After I leave this restaurant. But he has used hunting me as an excuse multiple times

Like called out my play on the spot.

@Matts4313

Just now, squire12 said:

I think once pickle flipped Avengers, you lost a lot of credibility to sway players.  It felt like you were pushing hard on a narrative that was going to serve you in the long run.  

I agree at least partially, even if it doesn’t make sense since everyone expressed confusion as how to Pickle was Town when he flipped.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thanks. 

TBF - I was pushing dome from the time we voted for pickle IIRC. The problem was I dont have any pull anymore. Too many times telling people they are playing stupid instead of being nice and trying to explain it. Which is my own fault, but I just dont have patience any more for some of the things people say.

And everyone knows it, people are using it against me. Im ineffective now, should probably stop playing.

The problem wasn't with a lack of pull.. the problem was that it was ambiguous on how to actually kill Dome

You've worked that angle numerous times before

I worked that angle as Voldemort

When someone survives death ESPECIALLY more than once, it creates a really unstable voting situation.. you don't want to waste lynch attempts

But to your point, I was shocked that you were not considered "clear" by anyone but me.. The entire point of my role was to clear myself AND a reversed lynch with one stone..

The execution was a little wonky (racsks), which I don't think helped the matter

Archived