Can we form the 1st and 2nd all bust team from 2000-2019?

Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's actually very solid to good now. At least he was for us for the entirety of a season at LT. Sure he's a bust given that draft selection, but why is he worse than Jason Smith, who was taken higher and lasted in the league for a much shorter amount of time? Did Jason Smith even sign with a second team? Like...for depth even?

Or how about Jonathan Martin? Not only was he softer than Charmin on the field, but decided to make waves off the field by being a salty little ho. And then he decided to make death threats to a bunch of people and got himself arrested with a loaded gun, an axe, and a knife. Screw that guy. He's on the all-bust team.

He's....not? I had Jason Smith first team. Greg Robinson was second team. Jason Smith was even the first OT I listed on the first team, meaning he was my biggest bust.

I had Robinson over Martin because of the drastic difference in draft position. A handful of guys would still make it before Martin, given the number of OT busts there have been that I couldn't include. Joeckel, McIntosh, Williams, etc. Martin did bust in spectacularly public fashion, but a mid second round pick busting is so much more palatable than a top 5 pick doing nothing.

As for Robinson being okay now, that's true. But that's also true for a guy like Cam Erving I included. Or even Dion Jordan, who looked decent for Seattle this year. Them becoming a not complete waste of space on a second team doesn't really soften the bust blow for team A.

I assume you just misread or misinterpreted it with Robinson/Smith. First team is meant to suggest worst/biggest bust.

• Like 1

Here’s my team off the top of my head:

QB- Jamarcus Russell

RB- Trent Richardson

WR- Charles Rogers

WR- Justin Blackmon

WR- Troy Williamson

TE- Kellen Winslow

OT- Robert Gallery

OG- Jason Smith

C- Cam Erving

OG- Jonathan Cooper

OT- Levi Brown

DE- Deion Jordan

DT- Amobi Okoye

DT- Dwayne Robertson

DE- Vernon Gholston 

OLB- Jarvis Jones

MLB- Rolando McClain

MLB- AJ Hawk 

OLB- Bjorne Werner

CB- Justin Gilbert

FS- Michael Huff

SS- Taylor Mays

CB- Morris Claiborne

I think the 2nd or even 3rd rounders who barley see the field are bigger busts than the 1st rounders that merely disappointed, but still started a few seasons worth of games (unless we are talking hyped up top ~5 picks). I've seen Okoye and Winslow come up, and those are two guys who certainly disappointed, but are definitely not the biggest busts at their position IMO. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

He's....not? I had Jason Smith first team. Greg Robinson was second team. Jason Smith was even the first OT I listed on the first team, meaning he was my biggest bust.

I had Robinson over Martin because of the drastic difference in draft position. A handful of guys would still make it before Martin, given the number of OT busts there have been that I couldn't include. Joeckel, McIntosh, Williams, etc. Martin did bust in spectacularly public fashion, but a mid second round pick busting is so much more palatable than a top 5 pick doing nothing.

As for Robinson being okay now, that's true. But that's also true for a guy like Cam Erving I included. Or even Dion Jordan, who looked decent for Seattle this year. Them becoming a not complete waste of space on a second team doesn't really soften the bust blow for team A.

I assume you just misread or misinterpreted it with Robinson/Smith. First team is meant to suggest worst/biggest bust.

Yupppp. My bad

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think the 2nd or even 3rd rounders who barley see the field are bigger busts than the 1st rounders that merely disappointed, but still started a few seasons worth of games (unless we are talking hyped up top ~5 picks). I've seen Okoye and Winslow come up, and those are two guys who certainly disappointed, but are definitely not the biggest busts at their position IMO. 

Okoye was basically invisible for the Texans his entire career, he was a significant bust for the 10th pick in a loaded draft...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I Disagree Winslow cost the browns a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder to move up one spot. He is basically a double bust. 

A top 10 pick is worth 3 2nd rounder at minimum in percieved value at least and maybe the same in actual value. 

8 hours ago, waffles7 said:

Here’s my team off the top of my head:

QB- Jamarcus Russell

RB- Trent Richardson

WR- Charles Rogers

WR- Justin Blackmon

WR- Troy Williamson

TE- Kellen Winslow

OT- Robert Gallery

OG- Jason Smith

C- Cam Erving

OG- Jonathan Cooper

OT- Levi Brown

DE- Deion Jordan

DT- Amobi Okoye

DT- Dwayne Robertson

DE- Vernon Gholston 

OLB- Jarvis Jones

MLB- Rolando McClain

MLB- AJ Hawk 

OLB- Bjorne Werner

CB- Justin Gilbert

FS- Michael Huff

SS- Taylor Mays

CB- Morris Claiborne

Browns beat the raiders 4 to 3, but russel probably counts for 2, so it is pretty even.

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WinsKe01.htm

He was #6 in the draft good for two seasons. He was 1st round good for 3-4.

My TE busts would look like this:

TE: Brandon Pettigrew/Richard Quinn/Dustin Keller.

Maybe Jace Amaro too instead of Pettigrew, who was at least a good blocker.

Keller got his knee wrecked, I find that hard to hold against him. 

Winslow got his knee wrecked too but that was all on him.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Browns beat the raiders 4 to 3, but russel probably counts for 2, so it is pretty even.

Yeah but the Browns had some really underrated busts that are not even on this list. For example spending a 6th overall pick on a LB who had 70 tackles in 3 years and then traded for peanuts

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Keller got his knee wrecked, I find that hard to hold against him. 

Winslow got his knee wrecked too but that was all on him.

I didn’t know Keller had a knee injury. But he never was. At least Winslow was good at some point. Yeah it cost us more to get him, but I think taking a literal no-name TE in the 1st that never does anything is worse. 

Semantics; both can be considered busts. Winslow also turned into a huge POS so extra bust bonus points. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Yeah but the Browns had some really underrated busts that are not even on this list. For example spending a 6th overall pick on a LB who had 70 tackles in 3 years and then traded for peanuts

2013 was a bit of an asterisk year, not many players worked out in the top 15 and of the ones that did they are pretty solid at best. 

Fisher, Ziggy...

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Worst draft ever? It's gotta be up there.

Couldn't trade out of the top of the draft. Deion and Ziggy had gone, mingo wasnt the worst pick, he at least had physical upside on paper. 

Warmack, cooper, austin, Milner, wouldn't of been better picks, didnt get a shot at lane johnson, the only stud on the top 10. 

There want even a decent rb to over draft.