2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Jerry Rice is the best route runner of all time and best with yards after catch of all time. He is a complete abnormal that rarely ever happens. 

Plus Rice had 3 QBs, all three were Top 2 QBs while he played with them (Montana, Young, Gannon) and they all got him the ball so he can get his YAC. 

My point is that you don't have to be a physical specimen to be effective. Route running, hands, body control, and awareness to track the ball in the air are the most important aspects to being a WR. Lamb has those. Jeudy has those too but I question his hands in clutch moments. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jerry Rice is the best route runner of all time and best with yards after catch of all time. He is a complete abnormal that rarely ever happens. 

Plus Rice had 3 QBs, all three were Top 2 QBs while he played with them (Montana, Young, Gannon) and they all got him the ball so he can get his YAC. 

Back then only a handful of dbs were fast lol game has changed so much you have lbs and de’s running 4.5’s now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Back then only a handful of dbs were fast lol game has changed so much you have lbs and de’s running 4.5’s now

It’d be interesting how Rice would fare today. He is basically 75% Antonio Brown 25% Amari Cooper skillset, but without the speed of either of those guys. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Or the personality, hands and consistency issues. He'd still be Jerry freaking Rice.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Jerry Rice is the best player to ever play football. He’s always been my #1. And I’d have Taylor as my #2, and Barry/Jim Brown after that. 5/6/7 would be Tom, Peyton, and Montana in no order. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’d be interesting how Rice would fare today. He is basically 75% Antonio Brown 25% Amari Cooper skillset, but without the speed of either of those guys. 

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Or the personality, hands and consistency issues. He'd still be Jerry freaking Rice.

Agreed. Jerry would be fine. 

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/993810

Interestingly though, the only receivers to run official times of 4.65 or slower and have NFL success since 1999 are Boldin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers one-year-wonder Michael Clayton.

Edited by Steins Gate

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think Jerry Rice is the best player to ever play football. He’s always been my #1. And I’d have Taylor as my #2, and Barry/Jim Brown after that. 5/6/7 would be Tom, Peyton, and Montana in no order. 

Ronnie Lott, the man cut off his finger so he wouldn’t be taken out of the game.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Here is my pick at WR laviska shenault.  He excels at everything the Raiders offense wants the WRs to do.

He also plays QB in short yards situations.

I really like him and Ruggs, can't teach their speed and athletic ability. Both are playmakers! Period