2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or Carr can crumble under the pressure knowing he has no excuses left and still can’t produce anything except a high completion %

Carr plays well In Pressure situations his whole career so I don't get this..

11 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Carr plays well In Pressure situations his whole career so I don't get this..

What the? Carr is one of the worst under pressure QBs in the NFL. Dating back to college. The main con in his scouting report was poor pocket presence/happy feet. Literally, every scouting report.

It was masked in the NFL cause 2014-2016 he had a Top 2 Pass Protection each of those three years. And #1 and one of the best of all time in 2016. 

His poor pocket presence has been on display for the past few years. This year he once again had a Top 5 Pass Protection but his poor pocket presence still reared it’s ugly head on multiple occasions. 

Carr does not have good pocket presence. Sure, he’ll stand in the pocket and deliver a strike sometimes, but that is not the norm. 

2 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

No we don’t. Do we believe the QB position can and should be upgraded, yes. We know we have a lot of areas that need attention to improve this team. QB happens to be one of them. No one is saying Superbowl or bust all we need is a QB.

yes , it does suck to be generalized and lumped into a group doesn't it. the irony is hilarious my friend. lmao! I feel your pain!! LMFAO!!

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can you elaborate on Fromms regression and save me like 6 hours of going over snaps? His numbers went from 9 YPA to 7.4 and his completion % from 67 to 60. Seeing Fromm at 60% is mind boggling. He is one of the most accurate passers in college, he makes very similar throws as Drew Brees. 

Reason I’m asking is the 2nd will be full of project QBs such as Love, Eason, Fromm, and Hurts. I fully expect Jon and Mike to make a move since they have three thirds. Fromm is also Grudens style of QB. Short/Medium throws with absolute precision/timing. Also much better pocket awareness than Carr from what I have seen. 

I know you weren't asking my opinion. But no to Fromm. He is a less athletic Alex Smith. 

If Mayock and Gruden draft him, I will be so mad. 

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It was reported as a 5th in 2021 for Jones.

Also

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

So we didn't get a 5th in 2020, the Bears did. I think we have 2 1st , 3 3rd, 4th and 7th.