2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lamb. He's more of a playmaker in my eyes. I think Jeudy was hyped after his sophomore season and has coasted off that hype. He's a great route runner, but I like Lambs ball skills and playmaking prowess. 

Can't go wrong with either, but Lamb just has an element to him that you see in great WRs. 

I agree if I had to choose im going lamb.

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lamb. He's more of a playmaker in my eyes. I think Jeudy was hyped after his sophomore season and has coasted off that hype. He's a great route runner, but I like Lambs ball skills and playmaking prowess. 

Can't go wrong with either, but Lamb just has an element to him that you see in great WRs. 

I kinda soured on Jeudy he has concentration issues 

I wonder if lamb will have separation issues in the nfl

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeudy for me. So much natural talent and he was playing in the SEC. Hes underrated Imo. Devastating player in the nfl.

Biletnikoff award winner underrated? Dude was the most hyped WR in college football to start the season. And the SEC argument kinda goes out the window when you factor 1) SEC was pretty down this year other than LSU and 2) He played with 3 other future 1st round picks at WR. How would he looks if he was the central focus of a defense?

I'd argue he's overrated a little. Great route runner who gets good separation and will be a great WR in the NFL. But he's smaller framed and more finesse than I like in a WR.

Lamb has better hands, ball skills, and body control to make contested catches. He's more physical and a bigger playmaker. He has a grit to his game you can't teach.

Jeudy is the superior route runner. But I'll take the ball skills and toughness Lamb brings 10 time out of 10.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Biletnikoff award winner underrated? Dude was the most hyped WR in college football to start the season. And the SEC argument kinda goes out the window when you factor 1) SEC was pretty down this year other than LSU and 2) He played with 3 other future 1st round picks at WR. How would he looks if he was the central focus of a defense?

I'd argue he's overrated a little. Great route runner who gets good separation and will be a great WR in the NFL. But he's smaller framed and more finesse than I like in a WR.

Lamb has better hands, ball skills, and body control to make contested catches. He's more physical and a bigger playmaker. He has a grit to his game you can't teach.

Jeudy is the superior route runner. But I'll take the ball skills and toughness Lamb brings 10 time out of 10.

I've seen him falling into the teens in mock drafts. He's a top talent in this years class. If we get Jeudy at 12, I'll lose my ****. I don't think anyone on the planet can consistently cover Jeudy 1 on 1. Yes he played with Ruggs Waddle and Smith. But I saw him toasting corners regardless. Can he beat bracket coverage? Unsure, but I'm unsure if Lamb can either.

I also like Lamb's game a lot, but I'm far more sure that Jeudy will translate in the NFL because he wins so easily. I actually prefer Lamb stylistically and think he's a lot of fun to watch.

SEC competition >>>>>the Big 10 defenses. If Lamb played in the SEC and did the same thing, I'd probably rate him a little higher. 

I do think Lamb playing with Hurts works in his favor because Hurts is a laughably bad pro prospect at Qb and Lamb still looked really good.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

@MrOaktown_56 I can't quote that for whatever reason. Anyone else ever have that issue?

Anyway... I think Jeudy will struggle with physical CBs. He played primarily in the slot. I think he's a guy who'll have to be moved around to get favorable matchups. He's a great route runner, but his physicality bothers me. 

I have that problem quoting post also

agree with Jeudy in the slot also

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

@MrOaktown_56 I can't quote that for whatever reason. Anyone else ever have that issue?

Anyway... I think Jeudy will struggle with physical CBs. He played primarily in the slot. I think he's a guy who'll have to be moved around to get favorable matchups. He's a great route runner, but his physicality bothers me. 

I'm unsure why. I have the same problem. 

Again, you have valid concerns. There isn't a perfect WR in this class. Lamb and Jeudy win in different ways. I think he'll be able to get off the press well on the outside. He can get stronger, but he has the quick twich, savvy, and vertical speed to beat press in the NFL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm unsure why. I have the same problem. 

Again, you have valid concerns. There isn't a perfect WR in this class. Lamb and Jeudy win in different ways. I think he'll be able to get off the press well on the outside. He can get stronger, but he has the quick twich, savvy, and vertical speed to beat press in the NFL.

Jeudy can do literally anything Lamb can do. The only difference Lamb is tougher and get off press better but I think it’s really blown out of proportion. Lamb is the fans lovechild this draft, seen this story a million times, especially with WRs. Jeudy is one of the most well rounded WRs I have seen, Chad Johnsons Route Running, Amari Coopers YAC ability, and should run a 4.45 40. Due to that speed, Jeudy can be used in a myriad of ways. Lamb I expect a 4.55 at best. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Lamb. I just think Jeudy is the best WR in this class and it’s a pretty easy decision for me. And I have Ruggs as my WR2 who is very similar to Tyreek Hill. 

On the note of WR's, my "guys" in this year's class in terms of who I'm highest on compared to the norm are:

Jeudy (I think he's a T5 guy whereas this isn't always consensus)

Hamler (ridiculous talent, will be in the OROY conversation on the right team, reminds me a ton of Hill)

KJ Hill (this year's scary Terry, reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders)

Van Jefferson (Mayock guy, super high floor)

Guys I'm probably lower on than the norm:

Shenault (just no end product right now, all potential, but boom or bust depending on where he goes)

Aiyuk (people will fall in love with him based on KC's success, but he's still very raw as a player and his pac 12 production is not pro replicable)

I may update this list. I need to watch Jefferson more. I need to watch Reagor more. I need to watch Pittman more, though I like him. I need to rewatch ruggs because he's super polarizing in terms of overall evaluation.

IMO we aren't going to try to run KC's offense. We'll try to run SF's. Great run game. Well-rounded WR room built around balance between a very good tight end and receivers who 1. separate well and 2. generate yac, as opposed to generating tons and tons of vertical speed. Very strong defense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jeudy can do literally anything Lamb can do. The only difference Lamb is tougher and get off press better but I think it’s really blown out of proportion. Lamb is the fans lovechild this draft, seen this story a million times, especially with WRs. Jeudy is one of the most well rounded WRs I have seen, Chad Johnsons Route Running, Amari Coopers YAC ability, and should run a 4.45 40. Due to that speed, Jeudy can be used in a myriad of ways. Lamb I expect a 4.55 at best. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Lamb. I just think Jeudy is the best WR in this class and it’s a pretty easy decision for me. And I have Ruggs as my WR2 who is very similar to Tyreek Hill. 

It's hard. If Lamb runs in the 4.4's, it'll be interesting.

You can check out some of his individual games on Youtube for a more in depth and accurate look but let me introduce you to Brandon Aiyuk. Should run around a 4.35 to 4.39. 6’1”. Runs good routes. Targets the football extremely well. Needs to get stronger for press coverage and not a physical guy. 

Daniel Jeremiah’s 19th Ranked Player in the Draft. Probably goes in the 2nd Round.