2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Thanks... big pet peeve of mine. Fans sitting at home, watching youtube and saying they "scouted" a player. Unless you're grinding hours of coaches film, you're not scouting. You're watching highlights.

Example... Jordan Love. 100% guarantee nobody (myself included) on this forum has watched him play a full game (outside LSU) or more than an hour of his game film. It's so hard to come by in this case. Everyone (myself included) just parrots the scouting reports of the talking heads.

Full disclosure... I can only say I've see a lot of 3 QBs in this draft class. Burrow, Tua and Fromm because I'm in SEC country and see every game of these schools. I'll throw Patterson in there as I watch all of Michigan my inlaws being alums. 

I just find it funny how people try to act like they have a clue on any of this without just parroting people paid to do it. 

Actually I’ve watched about 5 full Jordan love games between 2018 & 2019 seasons. But you know about me a Utah teams.

Off top of my head mich st, LSU, Hawaii, 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Actually I’ve watched about 5 full Jordan love games between 2018 & 2019 seasons. But you know about me a Utah teams.

Off top of my head mich st, LSU, Hawaii, 

lol.. you're one of 3 people on this forum I know focuses on Utah sports. I will not argue that. Why do you watch focus on the Utah schools anyway?

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Thanks... big pet peeve of mine. Fans sitting at home, watching youtube and saying they "scouted" a player. Unless you're grinding hours of coaches film, you're not scouting. You're watching highlights.

Example... Jordan Love. 100% guarantee nobody (myself included) on this forum has watched him play a full game (outside LSU) or more than an hour of his game film. It's so hard to come by in this case. Everyone (myself included) just parrots the scouting reports of the talking heads.

Full disclosure... I can only say I've see a lot of 3 QBs in this draft class. Burrow, Tua and Fromm because I'm in SEC country and see every game of these schools. I'll throw Patterson in there as I watch all of Michigan my inlaws being alums. 

I just find it funny how people try to act like they have a clue on any of this without just parroting people paid to do it. 

I have a similar pet peeve, when people refer to the Raiders organization as us like they are apart of it. “We” aren’t going to sign player X because we don’t work in the front office. “We” didn’t lose the game because we aren’t playing or coaching on the sidelines. 

This is part of the reason i don’t have a problem with how much Carr is being paid. It isn’t my money and it’s not keeping they team from signing high end talent. 

Thats not not to say no one can have an opinion, that’s the reason for a forum, to have a place to have civil discussions. I am a raider fan but i am not a member of the Raiders organization. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol.. you're one of 3 people on this forum I know focuses on Utah sports. I will not argue that. Why do you watch focus on the Utah schools anyway?

A lot of local nor cal hs players go to Utah schools plus my buddy coaches for Utah utes. Utah schools are almost like a extended family to the pac 12 imo

I gotta agree with the arm chair scouting. Nobody here has access to the film and information professional scouts have. To a certain extent the fandom of the draft makes people believe they are actually scouts. However, some of it needs to be calmed down

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I gotta agree with the arm chair scouting. Nobody here has access to the film and information professional scouts have. To a certain extent the fandom of the draft makes people believe they are actually scouts. However, some of it needs to be calmed down

Yes. That's my problem. The draft has become this huge thing and now everyone thinks they are an expert. Reality is, most peoples options are formed from someone who actually scouts comments both positive or negative depending where you lean. 

The amount of posters who literally copy/paste the words from some obscure draft website and claim them as their own is hilarious. Or just mix in a different adjective so it's not blatant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

A lot of local nor cal hs players go to Utah schools plus my buddy coaches for Utah utes. Utah schools are almost like a extended family to the pac 12 imo

Interesting. I lived in Utah for 7 years so always follow the Utah schools, exception being BYU that I never liked. Utes and Aggies were always fun games to attend. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I have a similar pet peeve, when people refer to the Raiders organization as us like they are apart of it. “We” aren’t going to sign player X because we don’t work in the front office. “We” didn’t lose the game because we aren’t playing or coaching on the sidelines. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using “we” or “us” when talking about the team you support. Maybe that’s just a European outlook (EVERYONE does that with their soccer teams over here) and it’s more of a questionable thing in the States, but I don’t think anyone is trying to act like they’re part of the decision making process by saying it. It’s just an easier way of talking about your team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using “we” or “us” when talking about the team you support. Maybe that’s just a European outlook (EVERYONE does that with their soccer teams over here) and it’s more of a questionable thing in the States, but I don’t think anyone is trying to act like they’re part of the decision making process by saying it. It’s just an easier way of talking about your team.

Not only that, but alot of us invest heavily into the team whether by buying merchandise,  going to games, or emotionally. Losses hurt, seeing favorite players trades hurt, drafting new players is exciting.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Watching youtube. That's what you're doing. Watching Youtube and reading draft websites and parroting their information. 

Stop over exaggerating. No one is watching Youtube highlights. Youtube has most games of any player if you type in “Player vs Team”. It will show you every single snap of that player with no defensive snaps or RB plays. You get to see every pass, every situation, every coverage, and every QB run. 

There is also plenty of ways to get full games, plenty of private torrent websites that require invitation that have an index of full college games. 

personal bias when talking about prospects is a big deal as well, all of us are armchair scouts rt now....lol! not everyone is parroting the real scouts cuz there`s several people on here who have not just love but several qb`s ranked higher than Herbert, and I haven't seen this in 1 mock or scouts rankings(no, I haven't combed every one, but have seen prolly 30 mocks and 10/15 different scouting reports from no-names to kiper/mcshay) objectivity is easy to lose sometimes.

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

personal bias when talking about prospects is a big deal as well, all of us are armchair scouts rt now....lol! not everyone is parroting the real scouts cuz there`s several people on here who have not just love but several qb`s ranked higher than Herbert, and I haven't seen this in 1 mock or scouts rankings(no, I haven't combed every one, but have seen prolly 30 mocks and 10/15 different scouting reports from no-names to kiper/mcshay) objectivity is easy to lose sometimes.

Love is higher than Herbert in most rankings I see. I think the ones you are using are just lagging behind. Wait 3 weeks. 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:17 PM, BayRaider said:

@Rich7sena I’ve always liked your corner analysis, any starters outside of Okudah in this class? Do you like either Fulton or Henderson at 19?

I like Fulton and I like Diggs. I wasn't impressed with Henderson form what I've seen but I honestly haven't watched much Ultimately, I would like the Raiders to sign a corner rather than draft one.