2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Gallimore is more of a 1T in the mold of Hankins. I don't think we are looking to upgrade Hankins. I think we need a pass rushing 3T in the mold of Kinlaw. But I don't dislike him as a prospect. 

I don't mind Gladney as I think he fits the system. I just question his length, in PG system. 

If we are going with Joyner at Safety in 2020, and we are trading up into the 2nd twice. I would rather use 2 of those thirds and trade up into the top 5 at land Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson and then trade up into the 45-55 range with 1 of the 3rds and 1 of those 4ths and take Winfield Jr. 

Kinlaw

Queen

Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson

Winfield Jr. 

with Littleton (Queen is a true MLB, Schobert and Queen is redundant), Roby and Green in FA. Is a better Roster IMO

Like the roster you came up with, honestly forgot about Winfield.  Wouldn’t mind him at all and getting a FA CB or two.

disagree that Schobert would be redundant as Queen would be an outstanding WLB.

as for Kinlaw and Gallimore, it’s hard to argue as Kinlaw is one of my fastest rising guys.

However, I think Gallimore offers a lot more than simply being a Hankins replacement.  For one he’s incredibly explosive, despite being brick house. At the very least, he’d  offer a pass rush out of the 1T. Meaning Hall and Hurst could rotate to their strengths (Hurst passing, Hall rushing downs).  I think he could offer a lot of flexibility in his ability to two or one gap.

Solving the corner issue is mind boggling. The corners in FA are meh. The odds we find a starter in the 3rd Round are minimal. I don’t think any corner is worth taking at 19. And I think we can actually compete this year, but we aren’t sniffing the playoffs without a corner opposite Mullen. 

At 12, perhaps we can select Kinlaw, trade down 19 and pick up a 2nd. Late 1st we get Fulton and in the 2nd we get Reagor. 

Not a great CB class but Fulton has all the traits you want to become a possible Top 10 CB in this league. 

I think Kenneth Murray will slide to the second as well. Trade up two thirds for a second to get Murray. 

Pick 12 - DT Kinlaw

Late 1st - CB Fulton

2nd - LB Kenneth Murray

2nd - WR Jalen Reagor

Gallimore will play 3T in the NFL. He's reportedly able to run a sub 4.8 and is pretty agile for his size. His first step is excellent. Not sure who else Oklahoma has on their Dline but from the few game tapes i've watched, he was doubled (even tripled at times) quite often.

Just an example of the kind of ability he has.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Solving the corner issue is mind boggling. The corners in FA are meh. The odds we find a starter in the 3rd Round are minimal. I don’t think any corner is worth taking at 19. And I think we can actually compete this year, but we aren’t sniffing the playoffs without a corner opposite Mullen. 

We are not going to get a top ten CB in the draft or FA.  We can get a starter with upside and with better front seven play the need for DBs is minimized.  I still like Worley but believe we need to be able to protect him similar to Karl Joseph.  Do not put Worley on fast receivers and do not put Joesph on 6'6" TEs.  I would pay Worley just to shadow the other teams TE.  There are a few starting caliber CBs in FA that will not cost a lot.  We should be able to sign a starting CB, Worley, and Joseph for under $18.  Structure Joseph's deal so that we can get out of it after 1 year and if he plays well you cut Joyner after this year.  That would save of enough to pay Worley and Joseph with some left over in 2021.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

7-D277758-83-EF-4-EBE-BE3-E-B6657-C52-EA

Interesting draft. Love making it to 19 and Queen making it to 30 seems far fetched though. Love going 12th, 13th, or 14th seems like a decent bet at the moment. He is pretty popular at 13 for the Colts in Mocks. Perfect QB for Frank Reich. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Interesting draft. Love making it to 19 and Queen making it to 30 seems far fetched though. Love going 12th, 13th, or 14th seems like a decent bet at the moment. He is pretty popular at 13 for the Colts in Mocks. Perfect QB for Frank Reich. 

We won’t know till draft day it never falls as predicted 

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Would you guys be upset if we spent two thirds on a trade up to select Fromm ahead of the Saints in the Late 2nd? Would show Mayocks confidence in the guy. I’d be ok with it cause I think Fromm can be a decent upgrade over Carr. Less of an arm for sure but I think he’s much muchhhh smarter Carr and not afraid to take chances. I’ve always thought Carr was not a very smart QB and that was never a hater/bash type of comment. Him having the second lowest QB wonderlic in the league goes hand in hand to support that. 

The risk here is, Fromm may be a very good fit for our current system, but he’d probably not be a good fit on a offense Post-Gruden. Then again, it’s only two third round picks. 

I would be irate. Fromm just isn't the type of player you give up picks for when your team has the holes we do. If he's hanging around, I guess he's worth a pick (disclaimer: I don't like him as a QB nor do I think Gruden's offense is set up for a rookie, hence me not wanting to invest heavily on a project QB in the first place), but I wouldn't ever trade up for him. 

Then again, I find this QB class disgusting while others find it deep, so take it for what you will.

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Anyway. Back to the draft...

I just saw a mock draft where we trade back twice in the first round and picked Queen at 29. 

We picked up annother 3 and a 4th. In the trade backs.

Aiyuk, Jefferson and Shenault were still on the board after round 1. 

This is the ideal situation IMO. You give Mayock and Gruden the night to negotiate a trade into the top 5 of the second round to grade one of this three WR with 4 3rds and 2 4ths. To come around with Kinlaw, Queen and one of those 3 WR with whatever picks are left from trading up into the 2nd, is the ideal draft given that we don't pick in the top 5

I really hope we move back with at least one of the firsts. There are a lot of guys I would love to grab in round 2. But if we trade back twice (assuming with the 2 firsts and not just using 1) I would want more compensation than that. 

If Aiyuk, Jefferson, and Shenault were all available post-1st round, I would be ecstatic. Frankly, I'm hoping we double dip at WR on day 2. Day 2 seems pretty solid at quite a few positions of need for us, so gobbling up several picks there seems ideal to me. We're picking in spots that are likely to net a game changing superstar, so may as well use the draft capital to our advantage. Our last two drafts have made me more interested in who we find later anyway.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Interesting draft. I believe we draft a QB at #12 if a run of QBs dont take place. WR will be addressed in the 3rd round and free agency. Linebacker or CB or DT at #19

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

At 12, perhaps we can select Kinlaw, trade down 19 and pick up a 2nd. Late 1st we get Fulton and in the 2nd we get Reagor. 

Not a great CB class but Fulton has all the traits you want to become a possible Top 10 CB in this league. 

I think Kenneth Murray will slide to the second as well. Trade up two thirds for a second to get Murray. 

Pick 12 - DT Kinlaw

Late 1st - CB Fulton

2nd - LB Kenneth Murray

2nd - WR Jalen Reagor

I'd sign James Bradberry in FA he had to lock down the likes of Thomas, Julio, Evans

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I'd sign James Bradberry in FA he had to lock down the likes of Thomas, Julio, Evans

I like the idea of Bradberry but how much?  He is the #2 CB in a below average FA market along with a weak CB draft.  I put him in a mock off-season but looking at the circumstances I think he is going to cost to much.