2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

RIP KOBE. I won't talk about the draft for a week in his honor... shook

I vote you take a week of silence out of respect.

Actually make it 8 weeks or even better 24 weeks of silence go pay your respects to Kobe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

your mindset is the reason why you didn't make It in the league...hahah

lol I am 5'11. I took a FULL RIDE scholarship to Cal Berkeley for the education KNOWING I would never make the league lol your jabs at me do nothing because at the end of the day I got a free degree from one of the best schools in the nation. 

I thought you going to take a week long vow of silence

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

Anyway. Back to the draft...

I just saw a mock draft where we trade back twice in the first round and picked Queen at 29. 

We picked up annother 3 and a 4th. In the trade backs.

Aiyuk, Jefferson and Shenault were still on the board after round 1. 

This is the ideal situation IMO. You give Mayock and Gruden the night to negotiate a trade into the top 5 of the second round to grade one of this three WR with 4 3rds and 2 4ths. To come around with Kinlaw, Queen and one of those 3 WR with whatever picks are left from trading up into the 2nd, is the ideal draft given that we don't pick in the top 5

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Anyway. Back to the draft...

I just saw a mock draft where we trade back twice in the first round and picked Queen at 29. 

We picked up annother 3 and a 4th. In the trade backs.

Aiyuk, Jefferson and Shenault were still on the board after round 1. 

This is the ideal situation IMO. You give Mayock and Gruden the night to negotiate a trade into the top 5 of the second round to grade one of this three WR with 4 3rds and 2 4ths. To come around with Kinlaw, Queen and one of those 3 WR with whatever picks are left from trading up into the 2nd, is the ideal draft given that we don't pick in the top 5

I saw this mock too and loved the idea.

original mock had us take Lamb and Queen (12 and 29).

With 4-3rds and 2-4ths I say we move up  to get into the 2nd round twice. Take DT Gallimore and CB Gladney.  

A draft haul of:

WR Lamb

LB Queen

DT Gallimore

CBGladney

would  be an A+

with 70+ Million in FA, splurge on MLB Schobert,  FS Simmons a nickel CB and a SLB.

we instantly have one of the better rosters and would be able to compete with anyone...

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Moving back twice in the first and only getting a 3rd and 4th sounds like horrible value. 

Despite chart value, I also immediately thought this. Terrible value. The idea of trading back is only good if it is of significant benefit. If you pick up mid picks for it and skip premier players in the process, it's a waste of time. Plus we have 2 firsts. How did we end up with one at 29 and only ended up with a 3rd and 4th? There's no way that matches any chart. A 3rd and 4th for either of the picks is awful return. Let alone trading back both. 

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Despite chart value, I also immediately thought this. Terrible value. The idea of trading back is only good if it is of significant benefit. If you pick up mid picks for it and skip premier players in the process, it's a waste of time. Plus we have 2 firsts. How did we end up with one at 29 and only ended up with a 3rd and 4th? There's no way that matches any chart. A 3rd and 4th for either of the picks is awful return. Let alone trading back both. 

We kept pick 12.  Essentially we moved from 19-29

4 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

We kept pick 12.  Essentially we moved from 19-29

Oh, ok. Jeez, I thought we moved out of both. I get it, traded back twice with the same pick 19. Not bad then. I think the idea of this is hinged on whether or not Mayock feels he can find premier players in the 3rd and 4th. I am not sure we are the roster point any more where we just need bulk picks because our talent was so abysmal at one point. Now we need to get better talent, more 1st round types..

34 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I saw this mock too and loved the idea.

original mock had us take Lamb and Queen (12 and 29).

With 4-3rds and 2-4ths I say we move up  to get into the 2nd round twice. Take DT Gallimore and CB Gladney.  

A draft haul of:

WR Lamb

LB Queen

DT Gallimore

CBGladney

would  be an A+

with 70+ Million in FA, splurge on MLB Schobert,  FS Simmons a nickel CB and a SLB.

we instantly have one of the better rosters and would be able to compete with anyone...

Gallimore is more of a 1T in the mold of Hankins. I don't think we are looking to upgrade Hankins. I think we need a pass rushing 3T in the mold of Kinlaw. But I don't dislike him as a prospect. 

I don't mind Gladney as I think he fits the system. I just question his length, in PG system. 

If we are going with Joyner at Safety in 2020, and we are trading up into the 2nd twice. I would rather use 2 of those thirds and trade up into the top 5 at land Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson and then trade up into the 45-55 range with 1 of the 3rds and 1 of those 4ths and take Winfield Jr. 

Kinlaw

Queen

Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson

Winfield Jr. 

with Littleton (Queen is a true MLB, Schobert and Queen is redundant), Roby and Green in FA. Is a better Roster IMO

Edited by OG_C2X

2 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Oh, ok. Jeez, I thought we moved out of both. I get it, traded back twice with the same pick 19. Not bad then. I think the idea of this is hinged on whether or not Mayock feels he can find premier players in the 3rd and 4th. I am not sure we are the roster point any more where we just need bulk picks because our talent was so abysmal at one point. Now we need to get better talent, more 1st round types..

Sorry I didn't make that clear in my post. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Gallimore is more of a 1T in the mold of Hankins. I don't think we are looking to upgrade Hankins. I think we need a pass rushing 3T in the mold of Kinlaw. But I don't dislike him as a prospect. 

I don't mind Gladney as I think he fits the system. I just question his length, in PG system. 

If we are going with Joyner at Safety in 2020, and we are trading up into the 2nd twice. I would rather use 2 of those thirds and trade up into the top 5 at land Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson and then trade up into the 45-55 range with 1 of the 3rds and 1 of those 4ths and take Winfield Jr. 

Kinlaw

Queen

Shenault/Aiyuk/Jefferson

Winfield Jr. 

with Littleton (Queen is a true MLB, Schobert and Queen is redundant), Roby and Green in FA. Is a better Roster IMO

Like the roster you came up with, honestly forgot about Winfield.  Wouldn’t mind him at all and getting a FA CB or two.

disagree that Schobert would be redundant as Queen would be an outstanding WLB.

as for Kinlaw and Gallimore, it’s hard to argue as Kinlaw is one of my fastest rising guys.

However, I think Gallimore offers a lot more than simply being a Hankins replacement.  For one he’s incredibly explosive, despite being brick house. At the very least, he’d  offer a pass rush out of the 1T. Meaning Hall and Hurst could rotate to their strengths (Hurst passing, Hall rushing downs).  I think he could offer a lot of flexibility in his ability to two or one gap.