2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I like Fulton and I like Diggs. I wasn't impressed with Henderson form what I've seen but I honestly haven't watched much Ultimately, I would like the Raiders to sign a corner rather than draft one.

Not a strong CB FA class either last time I looked. Anyone you think fits our system well? Maybe Dennard?

Just now, BayRaider said:

Not a strong CB FA class either last time I looked. Anyone you think fits our system well? Maybe Dennard?

Dennard fits only as a slot if Joyner is cut, but I think the Raiders should empty the vault for Byron Jones. I also like Trae Waynes as a fit against KC's speed and he's a very good tackler. If the Raiders prefer to go the short term veteran route: Jimmy Smith and Ronald Darby make sense. The latter could have the potential to sign long term if his health checks out; he's only 26.

At the end of the day, the Raiders can't go into the draft with obvious needs at corner and linebacker and receiver. At least one of those needs to be settled before the draft, and I think corner is the best route to go.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Dennard fits only as a slot if Joyner is cut, but I think the Raiders should empty the vault for Byron Jones. I also like Trae Waynes as a fit against KC's speed and he's a very good tackler. If the Raiders prefer to go the short term veteran route: Jimmy Smith and Ronald Darby make sense. The latter could have the potential to sign long term if his health checks out; he's only 26.

At the end of the day, the Raiders can't go into the draft with obvious needs at corner and linebacker and receiver. At least one of those needs to be settled before the draft, and I think corner is the best route to go.

I’m all for giving Byron Jones the bag. Hard to envision Dallas letting him walk though. Would make a lot of sense considering this WR draft class is stacked and the CB class is not. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m all for giving Byron Jones the bag. Hard to envision Dallas letting him walk though. Would make a lot of sense considering this WR draft class is stacked and the CB class is not. 

I imagine Dallas re-signs both Dak ($30ish million per) and Cooper ($17ish million per), so I think Byron is is the odd man out. And I actually like the corner class quite a bit better than last year's.

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What are you using?

a mock draft database (looks at everyones mock draft espn/SI/sporting news/Athlon/etc etc etc) as a matter of fact I just went back and reviewed about 20 of them almost all except for 3 had Herbert at 6 straight up(1 had him going to indy at 13, 1 to tb at 14 and the only mock love went before Herbert (13 to indy so 1 spot ahead) and one had him going around 23 to nola in a trade. not one mock had love above 10 (several at 13 to indy, a few late teens to nola with a trade and a few didn't even have love going in the first period) so...…..while everyone opinion on here may vary, the mocks didn't hardly at all, and unanimously (except for 1 outta 20) had Herbert going before love. I don't have a bias for either qb btw.....im like detective Friday....just the facts man, just the facts.....btw the oldest mock I looked at was jan 21 fyi.

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

a mock draft database (looks at everyones mock draft espn/SI/sporting news/Athlon/etc etc etc) as a matter of fact I just went back and reviewed about 20 of them almost all except for 3 had Herbert at 6 straight up(1 had him going to indy at 13, 1 to tb at 14 and the only mock love went before Herbert (13 to indy so 1 spot ahead) and one had him going around 23 to nola in a trade. not one mock had love above 10 (several at 13 to indy, a few late teens to nola with a trade and a few didn't even have love going in the first period) so...…..while everyone opinion on here may vary, the mocks didn't hardly at all, and unanimously (except for 1 outta 20) had Herbert going before love. I don't have a bias for either qb btw.....im like detective Friday....just the facts man, just the facts.....btw the oldest mock I looked at was jan 21 fyi.

I’m not talking about mocks, talking about rankings. Love is ranked ahead of Herbert in most rankings. Herbert goes to 6 in most mocks. However I think those mocks will change over time. At 6 you’ll start seeing a lot of OT picks and also Jordan Love. 

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Not only that, but alot of us invest heavily into the team whether by buying merchandise,  going to games, or emotionally. Losses hurt, seeing favorite players trades hurt, drafting new players is exciting.

I totally understand your guys reasoning, and I’m not trying to change anyone’s minds. When i post about the Raiders i personally i never use “We”. I mostly want people to be aware of my quirk. 

10 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I have a similar pet peeve, when people refer to the Raiders organization as us like they are apart of it. “We” aren’t going to sign player X because we don’t work in the front office. “We” didn’t lose the game because we aren’t playing or coaching on the sidelines. 

I'm guilty of this. But my excuse is that the world truly revolves around me because you're all just delusions in my dream that is creating the world. :D

PS My 'scouting' involves taking from many paid and unpaid delusions and forming an opinion in my brain that sifts through it and takes averaging into account to get closer to what actually may be. ZERO games or youtube highlights. It's like sleep walking scouting. ;)

Edited by G
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I know it's not exactly a clandestine revelation, but I feel like Mayock didn't have to explicitly put that out there. I imagine the Raiders make a play for Robby Anderson in free agency or Ruggs in the draft--I imagine both will now be just a fraction harder to get.

I also think that speed isn't exactly the silver bullet the Raiders need to fix the second-half stagnation on offense. Playcalling is the prime issue, and I hope Gruden opens up the offense more in 2020.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not talking about mocks, talking about rankings. Love is ranked ahead of Herbert in most rankings. Herbert goes to 6 in most mocks. However I think those mocks will change over time. At 6 you’ll start seeing a lot of OT picks and also Jordan Love. 

I was looking at rankings too, and no......he`s not. I know that love will rise been watching,studying, armchair gming the draft since 97, not my first rodeo. we`ll agree to disagree as I said before, I don't have the time or patience to bat this back and forth with ya bro! lol btw , obviously im not the only poster who thinks this. take care.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I know it's not exactly a clandestine revelation, but I feel like Mayock didn't have to explicitly put that out there. I imagine the Raiders make a play for Robby Anderson in free agency or Ruggs in the draft--I imagine both will now be just a fraction harder to get.

I also think that speed isn't exactly the silver bullet the Raiders need to fix the second-half stagnation on offense. Playcalling is the prime issue, and I hope Gruden opens up the offense more in 2020.

I don't think it affects our chances of getting them or makes it any more difficult to add whoever, whatever speed to WR, or any of the positions we're slow at. 

The lack of speed was and is PAINFULLY obvious. Everyone knows. 

Hiding the obvious and playing smoke and mirrors when the cats was never in the bag to begin with, now that would make for greater difficulty, because you just look desperate.

I appreciate his honesty and forwardness; if I were a GM I'd know he's not as easy to push over as Raiders GMs of past. This man means business.

If we are talking about speed... the Raiders need to get faster on defense. KC is running a track meet on Sundays for the next decade with Mahomes at QB. The Raiders better get a defense that can defend against them or the Gruden reboot won't amount to much of anything.  

• Like 4

Just now, big_palooka said:

If we are talking about speed... the Raiders need to get faster on defense. KC is running a track meet on Sundays for the next decade with Mahomes at QB. The Raiders better get a defense that can defend against them or the Gruden reboot won't amount to much of anything.  

Agreed

Need some speed at LB and at CB